(Mor)Ton vs (Dumbar)Ton - 10/2/18

IainMorton

As mentioned, Iredale has been a total revelation since coming back from his loan period. We all focus on incoming loans but it shows the benefit of sending young players out on loan too.

He came to Cappielow in the Summer and looked a raw young talent. Played at CB and seemed a bit erratic at times, but you could see a player in there. 

Came back from loan and moved to LB. In my opinion he is now the player at Morton with the most potential to move to a higher level. A bold statement I know to make about a young player playing a handful of games since returning from loan.

He's strong, athletic, has pace, good in defence and attack and when he goes on those runs with the ball towards the opposition defence he seems like a runaway train and totally unstoppable!

I really hope the club are already in discussions about a contract for next season and beyond.  

In comparison Russell looked like a player bereft of confidence when he came on. A player who had such potential to play at a higher level he now looks destined for the seaside leagues unless he can turn his form around. He really needs to get his head down and work hard. 

He is a good class player, but has been off form for so long you really start to wonder...   

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I tend to agree on Iredale but for me our unsung hero on a regular basis is Gary Oliver. His intelligence and movement off the ball was fantastic yesterday and he and Tidser had a superb understanding. He's the ideal number 10. We just need someone up front to compliment him as I remain unconvinced of Tiff through the middle, although I can see Duffy's thoughts with Ross having the left wing berth sewn up. Onwards and upwards.

25 minutes ago, LargsTON said:

I tend to agree on Iredale but for me our unsung hero on a regular basis is Gary Oliver. His intelligence and movement off the ball was fantastic yesterday and he and Tidser had a superb understanding. He's the ideal number 10. We just need someone up front to compliment him as I remain unconvinced of Tiff through the middle, although I can see Duffy's thoughts with Ross having the left wing berth sewn up. Onwards and upwards.

SevcoTON in almost completely positive post shock. I haven't read your post(s) where you admit to being wrong about the team, board and manager.

Edit to add: It's not just you, it applies to all the unhappy clappers that were guilty of slating the team, board and manager.

15 hours ago, Colkitto said:

Frank Ross has given us that much needed width that we were crying out for since the start of the season - cracking player. First goal was a beauty :wub: 

Iredale is like a new signing also, the lad has been a revelation since coming back from loan

Had Gary Naysmyth sitting beside me he noted that the boys are a problem and that Iredale likes to get forward a lot leaving space in left back pocket.

Anyway he missed goal no2 ( coffee) and 3 ( left early) maybe caught them on sportscene.

Result pleasing need to avoid Aberdeen ( Ross needed) and Motherwell who seem to gub us recently.

Hearts or Falkirk at home please. 

1 hour ago, LargsTON said:

Agreed on Oliver LT. Someone suggesting dropping him over on .org a few weeks back and we and a few others shot him down in flames.

He is brilliant at taking the ball into feet and must be a nightmare to mark because of his movement and finding those wee pockets. He actually had a frustrating second half but still put in a great shift. Scored a few goals recently too, great player for us and needs to be offered a new contract.

20 minutes ago, Paisley Ton said:

Had Gary Naysmyth sitting beside me he noted that the boys are a problem and that Iredale likes to get forward a lot leaving space in left back pocket.

Anyway he missed goal no2 ( coffee) and 3 ( left early) maybe caught them on sportscene.

Result pleasing need to avoid Aberdeen ( Ross needed) and Motherwell who seem to gub us recently.

Hearts or Falkirk at home please. 

Id rather face Motherwell than Hearts.

Motherwell have 2 league wins in 12 whereas Hearts have not conceded a goal since about 1994....

We also beat Motherwell at Cappielow 2 years back.

Motherwell have 2 league wins in 12 whereas Hearts have not conceded a goal since about 1994....

I've a gut feeling we'll draw Aberdeen away.

1 hour ago, madton said:

For what it's worth, the last time a team scored against Hearts at Tynecastle was Motherwell. The only team in the last eight games to do so.

And that Motherwell side we beat are different from this one in almost every way.

10 minutes ago, Randy Giles said:

For what it's worth, the last time a team scored against Hearts at Tynecastle was Motherwell. The only team in the last eight games to do so.

And that Motherwell side we beat are different from this one in almost every way.

I never said they were the same team, merely pointing out that they don't always gub us as Paisley Ton said, we actually won the last encounter.

10 hours ago, madton said:

Agreed on Oliver LT. Someone suggesting dropping him over on .org a few weeks back and we and a few others shot him down in flames.

He is brilliant at taking the ball into feet and must be a nightmare to mark because of his movement and finding those wee pockets. He actually had a frustrating second half but still put in a great shift. Scored a few goals recently too, great player for us and needs to be offered a new contract.

And yet some tosser in the Cowshed let out a "boooo" followed by "shitebag" because he didn't put a tackle in late in the game. :thumbsdown

16 hours ago, AyrshireTon said:

And yet some tosser in the Cowshed let out a "boooo" followed by "shitebag" because he didn't put a tackle in late in the game. :thumbsdown

A few idiots standing near me in the shed were giving Oliver a right hard time in the second half. His return to the team and upturn in confidence has been one of the bigggest drivers of our recent good form. 

Archived