(Mor)Ton vs (Dumbar)Ton - 10/2/18

IainMorton

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply
54 minutes ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

f**k knows who will play left back tomorrow with Dick, McLaughlin and Hill unavailable.

Carswell or something?

We can't even really go to three at the back either with only two centre-backs available either. Unless we go with Smith - Dowie - Barr :lol::unsure2:

I'm quite intrigued as to what Stevie will do actually, because I am absolutely stumped. Great news that Mark Stewart is back fit though - just a shame it comes at a time when we're suddenly stronger going forward than we are defensively.

37 minutes ago, cameron2000 said:

Its time for Chris Johnson to do a David Smith and convert himself into a world class Full Back.

I reckon it's more likely that Chris Johnston does a Mark Brown than prove he's up to this level.

Smith at left back and Davie Wilson at right back. Just let that sink in.

Morton don't really focus on wide play so a full-back crisis may not be as apparent tomorrow: unless Frank Ross steps up after a fairly quiet game last week. 

3-1 Morton: O'Ware, Harkins, Quitongo. 

1 minute ago, virginton said:

Morton don't really focus on wide play so a full-back crisis may not be as apparent tomorrow: unless Frank Ross steps up after a fairly quiet game last week. 

3-1 Morton: O'Ware, Harkins, Quitongo. 

Oh it will. Whether or not Morton exploit it doesn't change the fact that we are a shadow of ourselves without Wardrop and Boomer - never mind with a converted right-winger at LB and a CM on the right!

I think DW will have to come into defence ...cant see anyone else.Hutton maybe????doubt it.What about an emergency loan utility man.???tom lang???or would he be cup tied too.

That would be intriguing, Stevie pulling a rabbit out of the hat, [emoji120]????

I’d assume, if Hill doesn’t make it, Gallagher or Carswell would slot in at right back.

Personally I’d prefer Gallagher, mainly because it’d cause less disruption to the rest of the team. The fact he’s not an utter shitebag like David Wilson helps too.

I’d assume, if Hill doesn’t make it, Gallagher or Carswell would slot in at right back.

Personally I’d prefer Gallagher, mainly because it’d cause less disruption to the rest of the team. The fact he’s not an utter shitebag like David Wilson helps too.

I forgot about Gallagher actually.

Any combination is a frightening prospect. The thought of David Smith at left back isn't entirely appealing and that's before we've shoe horned a midfielder into right back.

^Ignore...

IMG_1518187940.019246.jpg

29 minutes ago, optimistic said:

That would be intriguing, Stevie pulling a rabbit out of the hat, 

Pure speculation on my part but if Boomer is out for the season  and Hills injury is recurring then a back up utility man may be neccessary.SW seems to be very long term too as he was due back a while ago but has relapsed.

Archived