jagfox

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

From Twitter:

People quoting ‘70% win rate’ as argument for McLeish:
- Very small sample, 11yrs ago
- Win rate in qualifiers: 63%
- 3 of 5 wins; Georgia & Lithuania (H), Faroes (A)
- Paris win; 15-2 in attempts to France, 30 yard goal. Great win, fluke result
- Blew the key game (Georgia away)

7 hours ago, 1320Lichtie said:

They took 125 days, spent the majority of it making a c**t of themselves chasing O’Neill. Then turned to their 2 back ups through desperation.

Like trying it on with a tidy girl all night getting nowhere then trawling the phone book pished at 2am trying to get in about their ex.

Fucking jokers. They don’t even have the excuse of being melted that a drunken fud in the above situation would have.

You reckon?

Just cause you can't provide a better option doesn't mean they don't exist.  The other options were the rest of the world and we didn't even look at it.  Prandelli wanted it last time, we didn't even speak to him.

And Ukraine were pish by then btw, shevchenko was finished.

He was only 31 and Ukrainian.

On ‎16‎/‎02‎/‎2018 at 15:21, forameus said:

While a lot of what you say is right (apart from the bit...well, you know which), the bolded part can't be levelled at the SFA.  I'd imagine they'd far rather have games at times they'd get the best attendance, but UEFA/FIFA dictate when you're playing, and that's that.  They do overprice games, usually by backing themselves into a season-ticket shaped corner, but they can't be blamed for kick-off times.

Lol, trust me to mention club football the weekend Saints are put to the sword. I did also say that I realise SFA are told when to schedule games but still don't exonerate them.

Just now, Dullard Bluteau said:

Lol, trust me to mention club football the weekend Saints are put to the sword. I did also say that I realise SFA are told when to schedule games but still don't exonerate them.

So they have no control over the scheduling of games, but they're still to blame for it?

14 minutes ago, Dullard Bluteau said:

You couldn't possibly pick on someone else could you ? Don't understand why you have to pick up on every post I make. I am only expressing an opinion.

If someone else had posted that, I would have picked up on it just the same.  I was confused by your assertion that despite the SFA having zero control over the scheduling of matches, you were still holding blame to them on that point.  I completely agreed with the rest of your points, after all there are plenty of things to criticise the SFA for.  Just not this one.

If someone else had posted that, I would have picked up on it just the same.  I was confused by your assertion that despite the SFA having zero control over the scheduling of matches, you were still holding blame to them on that point.  I completely agreed with the rest of your points, after all there are plenty of things to criticise the SFA for.  Just not this one.

I'd like to see the sfa make more of an issue about it with uefa.

Uefa is made up of the footballing nations, and yet I never see any questioning of their decisions.

15 hours ago, pandarilla said:

I'd like to see the sfa make more of an issue about it with uefa.

Uefa is made up of the footballing nations, and yet I never see any questioning of their decisions.

We played probably our greatest rivals on a Saturday evening in Summer, in a fixture that the police were probably not so delighted with.  What sort of precedent would it set for UEFA if they were going to let the SFA say "here, we'd like a Saturday 3pm because some of our fans are getting salty".   Plus, how often did we get "good" kick-off times when the SFA were in charge of it?  Not too often, because funnily enough other teams have their own preferences and it isn't all about us.

Like I said, there's plenty of sticks to beat the SFA with enthusiastically without doing it for something that isn't really their fault.

EDIT: And just to add, I think this whole UEFA "week of football" thing is shite.  If it was club football, and I didn't have a horse in the race, I wouldn't really care, and could see the benefit of it, but as a Scotland fan it means that we're far more likely to have a kick-off time that is pretty shit.  But I have to grudgingly admit that just assigning them by computer is better than the situation of putting each country in a room and trying to negotiate.  Didn't the SFA regularly put us in a Summer game in some sweltering part of the world?  I'm not going to go back and check through them all, but I believe the last Saturday 3pm we had was the opening match against Serbia for 2014 qualifying.  If that's what we're getting offered, I can see why they punted them.

EDIT 2: Went back a wee bit, and looks like we managed 1 Saturday 3pm in 2014 qualifying, 1 in 2012 qualifying, 2 in 2010 qualifying, and then a ridiculous 4 out of 6 home games for 2008.  Clear to see where the trend has been going over the years

People are forgetting that before "The Week of Football" began FIFA had moved internationals from Sat-Wed onto Fri-Tue: due to policing issues we got a brief exemption (which ended with Serbia).

Also as noted the legendary 'negotiating/refusal to negotiate' success of Ernie Walker and Jim Farry wasn't repeated in latter years - indeed for Euro 2008 the schedule got vetoed by Ukraine leading to computer draw which happily saw us play all our homes on Saturdays.

Get the SFA in the fucking sea. An absolute shambles of an organisation full of back scratching, cronyism and self interest. They have done sweet f**k all to develop our game in this country and still lord it with their free trips around the world. An utter abomination of deluded old firm pandering who ride the gravy train of failure. I'm sure many in our game share my opinions above; so change can happen.

• 7 months later...
10 minutes ago, qos_75 said:

Hopefully it won’t be too long before we are discussing McLeish’s replacement. 

Yeah, hope by tomorrow morning or afternoon! 

By the way, who would have final say, would that be Ian Maxwell or Allan McRae? 

I wish people would realise that changing the manager is pretty irrelevant. We just simply don’t have the quality of player anymore.

The best we can hope for is glorious failure disguised behind a media savvy charlatan.

Invest everything in youth and find a system and style that teams can’t handle. Not something defensive and boring. I believe the young players can be found and brought on. We have a decent record up to full squad then it goes to pot.

Qualifying for finals should not be the aim anymore. Let’s get a good youth setup and the rest should follow.

Archived