Next Scotland Manager Mk II

jagfox

1 hour ago, 1320Lichtie said:

I’d really like having Faddy there, I’m 25 and he is my favourite Scotland player, sure the same will go for a lot of the squad, maybe provide that wee bit of inspiration for the players.

Adults aren't meant to have favourite players Lichtie. 

We've discussed this before.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Bairnardo said:
1 minute ago, Monkey Tennis said:
Because they're adults.

Someone who follows football shouldnt have favourite players they like to watch?

Course they should.  Mine is Stephen Dobbie.

They shouldn't speak of their "favourite player" though.  As I said, Lichtie and I have discussed this before.

They shouldn't speak of their "favourite player" though.  As I said, Lichtie and I have discussed this before.
Seems like he disregarded your thoughts on the matter, and so far I would say rightly so

1 hour ago, Ya Bezzer! said:

It's not down to me to prove the existence of unicorns, fairies and better Scotland managers than Alex McLeish. 

No better or more credible manager put themselves forward.  If they did, show me who it was and I'll  be happy to amend my opinion.

While you are plucking names out of the ether based on the assumption that they wanted the job, I'll remind you that McLeish beat France in Paris and absolutely humped Shevchenko era Ukraine.

You'd think we'd appointed someone with absolutely no pedigree whatsoever.  What were the other options again?

Just cause you can't provide a better option doesn't mean they don't exist.  The other options were the rest of the world and we didn't even look at it.  Prandelli wanted it last time, we didn't even speak to him.

And Ukraine were pish by then btw, shevchenko was finished.

1 minute ago, Richey Edwards said:

Yeah they clearly need a man to tell them what their opinion on McLeish should be.

Frankly, I wasn't expecting this kind of shocking sexism.

Still better than messaging Muslim girls and asking how many of their family members have blown themselves up, however.

Let's remember McLeish was the first manager in 30 years to take rangers out of the top two in Scotland.  Quite an achievement.  They were an utter shambles by the end of his reign.

He's not a coach, too stupid to be a tactician and his team's play stodgy, physical, negative direct football, totally unsuited for our squad.  He's also an alky mess who has been on the scrapheap for years and touted himself for every job going for the past two years and been turned down for everything.

Adults aren't meant to have favourite players Lichtie. 
We've discussed this before.

I 100 percent disagree with that

But I was about 15 when McFadden was swaggering about taking the piss in a Scotland top, best player we’ve had to a lot of guys my age

Why didn't the SFA just ask for applications? Obviously they would have got some complete nonsense in (John Hughes among them) but they could have got a few surprises. They could ahve then made a shortlist, say 5, then interviewed them.

Rhetorical question of course; we all know they couldn't be arsed to do that.

They took 125 days, spent the majority of it making a c**t of themselves chasing O’Neill. Then turned to their 2 back ups through desperation.

Like trying it on with a tidy girl all night getting nowhere then trawling the phone book pished at 2am trying to get in about their ex.

Fucking jokers. They don’t even have the excuse of being melted that a drunken fud in the above situation would have.

25 minutes ago, BigFatTabbyDave said:

Frankly, I wasn't expecting this kind of shocking sexism.

Still better than messaging Muslim girls and asking how many of their family members have blown themselves up, however.

I was joking.  I think you are joking too but just saying to clarify that I was lol.

42 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:
43 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Seems like he disregarded your thoughts on the matter, and so far I would say rightly so

Ach Lichtie's a good enough lad.

He's coming on you know, learning slowly to despise both bits of the OF and suchlike.

He still has a habit of defending simpletons on the radio and of mentioning his "favourite players" off the telly like Scott Brown, Steven Gerrard and now James McFadden, but he's generally getting better.

I've got high hopes for the boy, but he does need reminders occasionally.  Your interventions are not aiding his progress.

58 minutes ago, Peppino Impastato said:

Let's remember McLeish was the first manager in 30 years to take rangers out of the top two in Scotland.  Quite an achievement.  They were an utter shambles by the end of his reign.

Rubbish.

It was only 20 years ;) 

2 hours ago, Peppino Impastato said:

He's not a coach, too stupid to be a tactician and his team's play stodgy, physical, negative direct football, totally unsuited for our squad.  He's also an alky mess who has been on the scrapheap for years and touted himself for every job going for the past two years and been turned down for everything.

And he is spouting political bias, that's not the job of a football manager, he should keep his mouth shut on political leanings, or he won't get the support he wants or needs

Archived