Next Scotland Manager Mk II

jagfox

2 minutes ago, a1974h said:

Haha have a word with yourself.

thats brilliant, bone fide Internet forum bawsack. 

Picking somebody up on their grammar. Ya bueaty ;)

Absolutely seething that Rangers died.

Amazing.

The highlighted sentence is superb.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Dindeleux said:

Absolutely seething that Rangers died.

Amazing.

The highlighted sentence is superb.

Any chance I can PM you mate. So you can proof read my posts and check them for any spelling or grammar mistakes? The worst of it is I'm using predictive texts. And I'm still fucking useless. 

4 minutes ago, a1974h said:

Any chance I can PM you mate. So you can proof read my posts and check them for any spelling or grammar mistakes? The worst of it is I'm using predictive texts. And I'm still fucking useless. 

Think you've just replied to the same post of mine twice.

This indicates you being absolutely rattled.  Hope I haven't ruined your weekend.

1 minute ago, Dindeleux said:

Think you've just replied to the same post of mine twice.

This indicates you being absolutely rattled.  Hope I haven't ruined your weekend.

Mind blown. 

You really are some machine.

By the sounds of it. If I was really was rattled. It would have made your weekend which is really sad indeed. 

Listen mate I'm going to go. Your just too heavy. Plus your making me para about my grammar 

6 minutes ago, a1974h said:

Mind blown. 

You really are some machine.

By the sounds of it. If I was really was rattled. It would have made your weekend which is really sad indeed. 

Listen mate I'm going to go. Your just too heavy. Plus your making me para about my grammar 

Bye.

Heard McLeish on Sportsound tonight. He sounded sharp enough, and came across really emphatically and positively as he outlined his plans. A refreshing change from Strachan's snipey snidey chat. The McFadden thing is clearly aimed at bringing fans onside but it also shows a bit of imagination (he could easily have called Andy Watson etc back in).
It's all just rhetoric until we play games anyway but I'm feeling positive about this. Steve Clarke or Alex Neill or the like would have created a lot more buzz initially, but we've got a guy whose managerial experience at the right level kicks the arse out of both of them (done f**k all since 2011 being the obvious counter argument).

P.S. I will just add a disclaimer that I've been optimistic about every new manager we've had. Only one I've developed an irrational dislike of was Burley (nice guy but a total scatterbrain as national manager).

McLeish said "The speculation is wrong.  I have no plans to leave the Scotland job".  

9 days later he left to join some lower league pub team in another country.  

But his actions before the 2014 referendum proved to me he shouldn't ever be considered.   Campaigning against making Scotland a normal country and being manager of Scotland international team ( even though he probably wants it merged with rUK)  doesn't sit comfortably with me.    

Anyone who thinks that's wanky/ backwards or chippy can f**k the f**k off. 

McLeish said "The speculation is wrong.  I have no plans to leave the Scotland job".  

9 days later he left to join some lower league pub team in another country.  
But his actions before the 2014 referendum proved to me he shouldn't ever be considered.   Campaigning against making Scotland a normal country and being manager of Scotland international team ( even though he probably wants it merged with rUK)  doesn't sit comfortably with me.    

Anyone who thinks that's wanky/ backwards or chippy can f**k the f**k off. 

Holy f**k. Friday night is well and truly here.

Find it weird that folk online are more hung up on the fact that McLeish may or may not have had an 'EBT', and not the fact that he has been a failure in his last few jobs in management.

Agreed. If anything you could argue that the presence of EBTs during McLeish's Rangers tenure devalues his trophy haul there, but I couldn't give a deep-fried f*ck that he received an EBT himself

3 minutes ago, pandarilla said:

Holy f**k. Friday night is well and truly here.

I just want a manager who's passionate about the job and cares about Scotland.    For all his failings Strachan cared.   

The idea you could leave the management role at your country for a lower league team in another country (after lying directly to the press)  is bonkers.   

1 minute ago, Monkey Tennis said:

I'd prefer someone good at managing football teams.

...and there's a direct link between effort level and attainment.     

First time around McLeish was fortunate he inherited a team cobbled together well by Walter Smith.    Having followed his managerial career, I really don't rate him as an organiser.   

I'd love to be wrong but I expect McLeish will prove a huge flop.  

Archived