Next Scotland Manager Mk II

jagfox

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, Donathan said:

Despite actually wanting the gig, Hughes doesn't appear to be anywhere near the favourite with the bookies.

I take it the SFA are leaking like sieves, and the response to Yogi has been similar to this:

giphy.gif

1 hour ago, BigFatTabbyDave said:

I take it the SFA are leaking like sieves, and the response to Yogi has been similar to this:

giphy.gif

In complete fairness to the SFA, I don't see any of these names coming from Hampden at all. O'Neil clearly was their first choice,  I have zero idea who their second choice is. Guys like Hughes are promoting themselves, and the Daily Record is only too happy to reprint their nonsense for obvious reasons.  

On 10/02/2018 at 16:10, Donathan said:

I don't think Alex McLeish is a bad shout tbf

He left the Scotland job 11 years ago. Aside from doing a decent enough job with Birmingham he's been pretty shite everywhere, his last job being a completely embarrassing 2 month spell in Egypt before he was emptied.  He hasn't done anything of note since 2011 and he now spends his time sounding like your drunk uncle at your nan's 80th party, desperately hooring himself around the middle aged women looking for his hole.  Honestly think he's a terrible shout and the fact some are happy to plump for him gives me mild depression.

John Hughes spending 20 grand on John Stewart is evidence enough to rule him out.  

He also signed Dani Lopez saying he would score 20 goals a season for Inverness. He was the slowest player I have ever seen. Scored 1 goal, spat on a st Johnstone youth player and left in January for nothing.

His judgement is absolutely shocking. Would no doubt be on the phone to his 'mate' Tony Stokes seeing if he was up for playing for Scotland.

59 minutes ago, Worktheshaft said:

He also signed Dani Lopez saying he would score 20 goals a season for Inverness. He was the slowest player I have ever seen. Scored 1 goal, spat on a st Johnstone youth player and left in January for nothing.

His judgement is absolutely shocking. Would no doubt be on the phone to his 'mate' Tony Stokes seeing if he was up for playing for Scotland.

Dani f**kin Lopez's beard grew faster than the c**t could run.

19 minutes ago, kanyewestbank said:

Assuming the blazers dont have the ambition,cash or imagination to pull a stellar appointment out the hat ,who would you put up with and who would make your blood boil out of the bookies favourites ?

I would accept Steve Clarke,Alex Neil,Alex McLeish, if Gary Caldwell or Scot Gemmill  or both  are appointed i honestly think i will burst into tears 

I'd put up with anyone but Malky Mackay.

I would be happy with Clarke out of those you have listed.

Clarke or wait till summer go for Moyes if west ham don't renew his contract.  Or prandelli.

I'm starting to think it will be Clarke though and mildly excited about that, he just seems the perfect fit great coach positive guy smart knowledgeable his teams try to play football but are pragmatic young for a manager and hungry. 

I think he could be a brilliant appointment that the SFA kind of stumbled upon by accident.  Look at the impact he has made at killie, fantastic.  Would have no problem with him finishing the season with them either.

Archived