Ryan Hardie 1-0 Iain Russell

22 minutes ago, lorenzo71 said:

IM beginning to think that is where the priorities lie.Not a good idea if it is.

I'd probably take playoff relegation and a Challenge Cup win. My brother thinks I'm a lunatic for saying that though.

12 minutes ago, Boghead ranter said:

They're fucking dicks.

in fact, if you're one of these people, and have managed to put you primary-school kid's toy down for long enough to use this site instead, take note - you're a fucking dick, a complete beamer to our club.

It's annoying aye, but the big guy who practically gives himself an aneurysm any time there's a vaguely contentious moment is far worse. I honestly thought he was going to explode a few times today over pointless thing like throw-ins. Mate, if you're reading this, chill out. It's only football.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cracking result puts us into 3rd place, really didn't think it would be as comfortable a win as that, Hardie was outstanding and should've had 3, incl a penalty late on. Miller was unlucky too with his shot off the bar. Hoppy giving the front 2 a full game was good to see, they look like being great signing once they settle in. The other loanee from Sevco looked good too, Thompson was desperate to score from his long range shots, was about time we had players taking pot shots more.

One final observation, Gallagher looked far better when he dropped back into defence after Buchanan had to go off with concussion, and also Robinson coming on and playing in midfield looked better too. Mon tae feck Hoppy, just play a back 3 and drop either Buchanan or Gallagher, we were a better looking shape with that enforced change.

They're fucking dicks.
in fact, if you're one of these people, and have managed to put you primary-school kid's toy down for long enough to use this site instead, take note - you're a fucking dick, a complete beamer to our club.

I actually think that's harsh tbh.

Their tambourines might be pretty minterish but they attend 99% of games and IMO should be commended for that.

Without folk like that our club would cease to exist.

57 minutes ago, Boghead ranter said:

They're fucking dicks.

Are you addressing me? 

In regard to being "one of these people"? A "fucking dick"??

I merely stated the lads with the drum was preferable to the tambourines.

Take a wee step back Mr "Ranter".

1 minute ago, Silverton End said:

Are you addressing me? 

In regard to being "one of these people"? A "fucking dick"??

I merely stated the lads with the drum was preferable to the tambourines.

Take a wee step back Mr "Ranter".

Nope, I just quoted you because you made reference to the tambourine squad.

Massive change from the team I saw on Tuesday. Two attacking wingers in De Vita and Cadden who were a breath of fresh air compared with McMillan and Longridge.

Thompson in midfield was a class act two and sprayed the passes well but the major change for me was up front and especially my man of the match(easily) Ryan Hardie he was superb. Took his goal really well, could've had a second moments later when he pegged a Dumbarton player and was unlucky to hit the post, also should have had two penalties.

I think I'm finally over Tuesday (kind of)

35 minutes ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

I actually think that's harsh tbh.

Their tambourines might be pretty minterish but they attend 99% of games and IMO should be commended for that.

Without folk like that our club would cease to exist.

It's a fair point.  The tambourine folk are indeed genuine fans.

We need all the fans we can get..tambourine wielding or otherwise.
Aye, I think we have a lot more to concern ourselves with than flam like this.

All we can do is get behind the team and hope that we can get a couple of results to prevent a dismal slide towards the end of the season.

And I'm with S08, I'm beginning to rank the Irn Bru Cup higher than the league - how often do we get to the closing stages of a national tournament ?

4 minutes ago, Finch road said:

I can see Livi getting to the play off final tbh. Hopkin has them set out very well

Agree.They made great signings and Hopkin has been brilliant in setting out his team.They would thoroughly deserve a crack at getting into the PL

27 minutes ago, O'Kelly Isley III said:

Aye, I think we have a lot more to concern ourselves with than flam like this.

All we can do is get behind the team and hope that we can get a couple of results to prevent a dismal slide towards the end of the season.

And I'm with S08, I'm beginning to rank the Irn Bru Cup higher than the league - how often do we get to the closing stages of a national tournament ?

Aye maybe you are right.A run in the cups might be more lucrative and interesting.Its difficult to see which team we could overtake between now and May.Falikrk have turned it round so i doubt we can compete with them.

Don't get us started on the Tambourines.
The  drum is fine but those things...christ :1eye

I was right next to them. Why I didn't move escapes me. I even left my seat at half time and returned (voluntarily) to the same seat!

• I bet you were tapping your foot to them too. [emoji6]

I wasn't but I did drum my fingers to the beat of the drum. Tbh I don't mind the tambourines, it's just that I don't want to be right next to the noise. Which makes it bizarre that I chose to do so for the second half.

Much better than Tuesday, good to win a game as important as that too going into what'll be a difficult month.

Was good to see Gallagher back in defence, he was much better when he moved back in there and ran with the ball a lot more. As much as I want to see Gallagher in defence rather than midfield, I hope Buchanan's injury isn't bad and he won't miss any games. Miller and Hardie look like two brilliant signings and think they'll form a good partnership. First time seeing Thompson as well and I was really impressed with him, made some brilliant passes and isn't afraid to take a shot, almost got quite lucky with a deflection that the Dumbarton keeper managed to tip over. Speaking of the Dumbarton keeper, does he always look that dodgy? He even looked like fumbling the ball when he was bouncing it.

Tough February coming up with both St Mirren and Dundee United at home as well as Falkirk and Morton away. Still only 6 points away from 7th but hopefully we can find our early season form and finish in a play off spot.

Archived