Ryan Hardie 1-0 Iain Russell

Might as well just start this game at 1-1. Hardie's scored against us for every club he's played for, and Beany loves a goal against his old teams.

With a bit of luck we might have a few more players back for this to let us kick on from a smashing result last night. League points really are vital now, with Falkirk finally hitting some sort of form. Ideally I'd like to see us going with something like this, but as I wasn't in Peterhead last night feel free to call me out on any surprise star performers.

Scott Gallacher

Sam Wardrop Andy Dowie Craig Barr Liam Dick

Kyle Hutton Stuart Carswell

Calum Gallagher Tom Walsh Dimitris Froxylias

Iain Russell

It would be a big boost if Mark Stewart was fit enough for even 15/20 minutes from the bench, but I've no idea how close he is. Tom Walsh absolutely has to start in the #10 role, which really leaves Froxy as the only option wide - so hopefully he's back fit. The SeaGal getting a double was a surprise bonus, and might've given his confidence a wee boost. Imqho he's not a natural winger, but again he's probably the best option there.

From the Periscope a Kyle Hutton shaped white blob looked to play a lovely ball into Beany to set up the second, so hopefully he's back to his pre-contract renewal form. Having Wardrop back would be a huge bonus too.

This'll be tough - especially given Livi love a goal from a set-piece and we hate defending them. A league win's long overdue though - and we used to be quite decent at securing them in West Lothian.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

I'm sure Aitken said last week that Mark Stewart was a few weeks away yet.  I reckon it's far more likely he starts with Nisbet up top and plays Russell either in behind him or out wide, Froxy to start on the bench IMO. Would take a point.

Dang. I suspected he'd be out for a while, but it seems like ages since I last saw him. Not Grant Gal or Danny Handling ages, granted, but ages nonetheless. 

That's not a bad option, though after a goal and assist leading the line last night I reckon Beany deserves another start up top - if he's up to two games in such a short space of time. Knowing Stevie we might see Walsh and Beany wide, Nisbet up top and the SeaGal in behind - which might actually suit him, though Walsh is still clearly the best option there.

It's nice being able to move some reasonable options about up front for the first time all season.

I thought Livi were excellent in the 4-1 pumping of us and in particular the lad Mackin looked a real threat despite not being a player I massively rated. That being said we had an absolute stinker that day and I'll be fully expecting us to turn in a better performance.

It may sound harsh but despite Gallagher's great contribution last night I'd rather he didn't start. It's no surprise to me that his two best games have come against teams in the leagues below. I'd go with Nesbit up top, Walsh in the Nat King and Froxy and Russel wide but there's nae chance that will happen.

f**k knows how this will go. Any Livi fan who goes off their nut at Iain Russell going down easily, however, needs their head examined. The man was a colossus for us, folk would do well to remember that.

Iain Russell :wub:

We were pish last night so hopefully we can bounce back with a win, we could still be playing now and I doubt we'd have managed a half decent shot. Gallagher isn't a midfielder, and I'd prefer we started with at least one tall striker up front rather than two small midfielders. Does anyone know if Todorov, Mackin and Jacobs are injured or if they were just generally left out last night? Assuming they're injured and still out for this I'd go:

Hardie  -  Boyd
De Vita  -  Pittman  -  Robinson  -  Byrne  -  Mullin
Lithgow  -  Halkett  -  Buchanan
Alexander

Start of the season we'd all have been delighted with 8th, think we have to be aiming for the play offs now though considering how we started the season and the depth we have in the squad now. We haven't won at home in the league since Brechin back in October so hopefully we can fix that on Saturday.

Think if we are to aspire to a top 4 finish we have to be winning games like this. 

Problem being Dumbarton have a fairly decent recent record at Livingston which makes me a bit more nervous than normal. 

Having said that we’ve taken maximum points from the previous two games so should certainly be looking to make it 9 from 9 here. 

I think Miller might start in this, he looked good last night when he came on, and the physical presence of Mackin caused no end of problems to Dumbarton in the previous game. 

Miller and Hardie up top, with Robinson or Boyd dropping into the midfield allowing Byrne to sit in and Gallagher to come out of the DM role. 

Any win in this will do me, no matter how scrappy it is, it’s imporatnt we don’t let last night get into our heads. 

5 hours ago, Sonsteam of 08 said:

Might as well just start this game at 1-1. Hardie's scored against us for every club he's played for, and Beany loves a goal against his old teams.

With a bit of luck we might have a few more players back for this to let us kick on from a smashing result last night. League points really are vital now, with Falkirk finally hitting some sort of form. Ideally I'd like to see us going with something like this, but as I wasn't in Peterhead last night feel free to call me out on any surprise star performers.

Scott Gallacher

Sam Wardrop Andy Dowie Craig Barr Liam Dick

Kyle Hutton Stuart Carswell

Calum Gallagher Tom Walsh Dimitris Froxylias

Iain Russell

It would be a big boost if Mark Stewart was fit enough for even 15/20 minutes from the bench, but I've no idea how close he is. Tom Walsh absolutely has to start in the #10 role, which really leaves Froxy as the only option wide - so hopefully he's back fit. The SeaGal getting a double was a surprise bonus, and might've given his confidence a wee boost. Imqho he's not a natural winger, but again he's probably the best option there.

From the Periscope a Kyle Hutton shaped white blob looked to play a lovely ball into Beany to set up the second, so hopefully he's back to his pre-contract renewal form. Having Wardrop back would be a huge bonus too.

This'll be tough - especially given Livi love a goal from a set-piece and we hate defending them. A league win's long overdue though - and we used to be quite decent at securing them in West Lothian.

Although he only played about 20 minutes in total, I thought Froxy looked much fitter than he's done since his hamstring problem first flared up.  Certainly seemed to be moving more freely  and worked quite hard closing people down. I was also pleasantly surprised that Beany lasted the course, so credit to him and his fitness, in that it must be the best part of 9 months since he played a full, competitive game.

8 minutes ago, lionel wickson said:

Although he only played about 20 minutes in total, I thought Froxy looked much fitter than he's done since his hamstring problem first flared up.  Certainly seemed to be moving more freely  and worked quite hard closing people down. I was also pleasantly surprised that Beany lasted the course, so credit to him and his fitness, in that it must be the best part of 9 months since he played a full, competitive game.

That's good to hear. Although it was difficult to make out at times, I thought the Froxy shaped blob seemed to be running properly (if that makes sense) for the first time in a wee while. It's near enough impossible to tell on video though!

Beany's last 90 minutes (or 120 minutes to be more precise) was against Alloa on May 13th. Says an awful lot about him that, after that length of time out and at the age of 35, he can last 90 up top alone.

50 minutes ago, lionel wickson said:

38 minutes ago, Sonsteam of 08 said:

That's good to hear. Although it was difficult to make out at times, I thought the Froxy shaped blob seemed to be running properly (if that makes sense) for the first time in a wee while. It's near enough impossible to tell on video though!

Beany's last 90 minutes (or 120 minutes to be more precise) was against Alloa on May 13th. Says an awful lot about him that, after that length of time out and at the age of 35, he can last 90 up top alone.

I thought the same watching the Periscope, Froxy seemed much sharper even if he wasn't involved very much. He's recently been posting sauna pics on his instagram (:wub:) and I had hoped that would be a sign that he was hitting the gym - hopefully that is the case.

Beany always had a great attitude towards fitness when he played and when I heard he was still training with Airdrie even after retirement I didn't have too many concerns about that side of things. It's good to get him 90 minutes so quickly though, I'm sure after a few days rest he'll be raring to go again. I'm still not convinced he's the solution playing up front on his own but we didn't have any option last night. If we can get the right combo of our "front 4" and keep them playing I'll be much happier going into the final few months, down to Aitken to call that right.

59 minutes ago, Livilion28 said:

I read that Longridge and Byrne are suspended so Gallacher will play in midfield again probably. Thomson may come into team? Rafa or cadden may play lwb. Byrne will be  a big miss but he may need a week out the team. Would like to see Robinson stay in team.  Hardie will start I think also. Need to get 3 points 

Ah yes you are right, forgot about that. 

So yeh Likelyhood is Gallagher will remain in the DM role sadly, Cadden or De Vita in to replace Longridge ? And im in agreement about Robinson, drop him back into the middle. 

Ah yes you are right, forgot about that. 
So yeh Likelyhood is Gallagher will remain in the DM role sadly, Cadden or De Vita in to replace Longridge ? And im in agreement about Robinson, drop him back into the middle. 

What about Thompson coming for Decs? If he's a similar player to Penrice? Either that or he'll start in Longridges position. Gallagher looked out of his depth last night.

6 minutes ago, LogieLivi said:

What about Thompson coming for Decs? If he's a similar player to Penrice? Either that or he'll start in Longridges position. Gallagher looked out of his depth last night.

If thomson comes in for Gallacher who else plays in midfield with byrne suspended? Pittman thomson Robinson?

If we are going to play the same way as yesterday play a taller striker as opposed to punting it up to two small strikers. Wouldn't play McMillan frustrated me last night. Surely we should play a more attacking side here as oppose to setting up not to get beat.

Just now, Livilion28 said:

If thomson comes in for Gallacher who else plays in midfield with byrne suspended? Pittman thomson Robinson?

What's the matter with Jacobs, surely he should be in if Byrne's suspended.

We've been horseshit at home for months now, not getting regular games on isn't helping though as our away form is much better, and I put that down to us being able to play 2 and 3 games on the trot without any breaks in those games, and players being a bit more consistent in their performances. Not had a win at home in the league since the 28th Oct :wacko: but hopefully getting the game played last night will have sharpened us up a bit and we'll get our first home win of 2018.

Archived