2018 WWE PPV Prediction League

JamieStevenson

Welcome back to the WWE PPV Prediction League. After the success of 2017, we might as well go again. SamuraiJock is going into 2018 as our defending Champion. For anyone that doesn't know, we'll be following the league format where every PPV score will count towards your end total. I've been informed that the schedule for this year is not as demanding as last year so hopefully we'll have everyone sticking to this. There can only be one champion once we've reached the end of the year after the final PPV. Looking for a full calendar year worth of commitment from you all, this would only include popping into the thread to place your predictions just before a PPV. You are competing against your fellow wrestling fanatics and if you stick it out to the end and become the champion, not only will you have the bragging rights as the top boy/girl in The Wrestling Forum.... You will also get to choose a charity for myself to donate £20 to and the first pick for the 2019 Royal Rumble Pool, assuming Eoin Doyle will still be around to run it! Hopefully the champion will also defend it the following year.

Hopefully my accompanying PPV threads throughout the year will keep the casuals in the loop and give them enough to at least have an attempt to play along for most, if not all PPV's. If you're worried you might forget or not last the full year. Fear not as the regulars will tell you I send out PM's as soon as the new match list is up and then I follow up on the due date with anyone that hasn't posted their predictions yet.

Rules / Need To Knows

• Posting predictions does not require a PM, must be posted in the thread as this is the way it's always been.
  • Predictions must be in by Noon on Saturday.
  • Late entries will receive a 2 point deduction for that PPV.
  • Each PPV's match listing (+ any bonus questions) will be posted by myself the day after the final show before a PPV. SmackDown Live and 205 Live would be the final shows of the week, so will be the Wednesday before each PPV.
  • Leaderboard will be updated the day after the PPV.
  • Each correct answer will be worth 1 point. If a prediction requires more than 1 selection, it will be 1 point per correct selection.
  • Each participant has ONE double points boost to be declared before a PPV starts and include in in their predictions for that event.
  • Any impromptu matches announced (on the night etc) after the match listing has been posted in the thread it will not be included in predictions.

TLC: Tables, Ladders and Chairs

Elias vs Bobby Lashley.  Match Result  -  Elias

R-Truth and Carmella vs Jinder Mahal and Alicia Fox in the Mixed Match Challenge final.  Match Result  -  R-Truth and Carmella

Natalya vs Ruby Riott in a Tables match.  Match Result  -  Natalya

Rey Mysterio vs Randy Orton in a Chairs match.  Match Result  -  Rey Mysterio

Finn Balor vs Drew McIntyre.  Match Result  -  Finn Balor

Buddy Murphy (C) vs Cedric Alexander for the WWE Cruiserweight Championship.  Match Result  -  Buddy Murphy (C)

The Bar (C) vs The New Day vs The Usos for the WWE SmackDown Tag Team Championship.  Match Result  -  The Bar (C)

Ronda Rousey (C) vs Nia Jax for the WWE Raw Women's Championship.  Match Result  -  Ronda Rousey (C)

Braun Strowman vs Baron Corbin in a TLC match.  Match Result  -  Braun Strowman

Seth Rollins (C) vs Dean Ambrose for the WWE Intercontinental Championship.  Match Result  -  Dean Ambrose

Becky Lynch (C) vs Charlotte Flair vs Asuka in a TLC match for the WWE SmackDown Women's Championship.  Match Result  -  Asuka

Daniel Bryan (C) vs AJ Styles for the WWE Championship.  Match Result  -  Daniel Bryan (C)

There are 12 points max up for grabs this time, or 24 if you use your double points boost! Predictions to be in by Noon on Saturday. Any late entries will receive a -2 start for the PPV as part of the new rules. Good luck everyone!

Once Evolution is over, the Leaderboard will be updated in the OP and the correct answers will be updated in the OP. When the next match list is available, that will override the previous PPV and PM's will be sent out to notify.

Leaderboard

1.         westcoastfifer* (128+9) = 137

2.         BWAClyde* (125+9) = 134

3.         LAGer* (124+7) = 131

4.         Lyle Lanley* (119+10) = 129

5.         bernardblack* (122+6) = 128

JamieStevenson* (119+9) = 128

7.         FifeArab* (116+7) = 123

8.         CEMSFC* (111+8) = 119

9.          SamuraiJock* (112+6) = 118

10.       cdisaaccie* (109+8) = 117

11.       Jamie_M* (DNP) = 116

12.       DavidMcG* (107+7) = 114

13.       Christophe* (103+9) = 112

14.       Jeff Venom* (101+6) = 107

15.       Scotty Tunbridge* (97+7) = 104

16.        Yonas* (84+6) = 90

17.        Principal Flutie* (DNP) = 81 

18.        Dave1875 (DNP) = 66

19.        NotThePars* (DNP) = 60

20.        forameus* (DNP) = 31

21.        21maxwell (DNP)  =  13

* Indicates double points boost has been used.

All ties separated by alphabetical order.

Mayor Wilkins III now known as Principal Flutie

Eoin Doyle now known as Lyle Lanley

• Replies 391
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Royal Rumble 2018

Seth Rollins and Jason Jordan © vs Cesaro and Sheamus for the WWE Raw Tag Team Championship.  Match Result  -  

The Usos © vs Chad Gable and Shelton Benjamin in a 2-out-of-3-Falls Match for the WWE SmackDown Tag Team Championship.  Match Result  -  

AJ Styles © vs Kevin Owens and Sami Zayn in a 2-on-1 Handicap Match for the WWE Championship.  Match Result  -  

Brock Lesnar © vs Braun Strowman vs Kane for the WWE Universal Championship.  Match Result  -  

The first ever Women's Royal Rumble Match for a Women's Championship Match at WrestleMania 34:

Winner  -  

Person With Most Eliminations  -  

Quickest to be Eliminated  -  

Iron Man (lasts longest)  -  

First Two Entrants  -  

Final Four  -  

Surprise/Unannounced Entrant  -  

2018 Royal Rumble Match for a Championship Match at WrestleMania 34:

Winner  -  

Person With Most Eliminations  -  

Quickest to be Eliminated  -  

First Two Entrants  -  

Final Four  -  

Surprise/Unannounced Entrant  -  

I've posted just the match listing above so that you're not having to cut it out of the OP. 

Predictions are to be in by Saturday 8PM due to my lateness in getting the thread up and to try and get some new participants in as well. 

As suggested in the previous thread... everyone will now have ONE double points boost. Which must be declared in your predictions.... I'm assuming most will use it on this PPV or if anyone has the patience they'll likely activate theirs at Survivor Series :lol: given that these PPV's have the highest potential for points it's probably wise to use it on one of those.

Started to do this, but jeezo there's a lot to think about.  Even the normal matches I can't decide whether they're going to go as expected or get a swerve.  And those affect what'll happen in the Rumble presumably.  Will fill this in post Smackdown or later in the week

Winner  -  Asuka

Person With Most Eliminations  -  Nia Jax

Quickest to be Eliminated  -  Lita

Iron Man (lasts longest)  -  Asuka

First Two Entrants  -  Asuka and Mandy Rose

Final Four  -  Asuka, Nia Jax, Mickie James and Sasha Banks

Surprise/Unannounced Entrant  -  Trish Stratus

Winner  -  Roman Reigns

Person With Most Eliminations  -  Roman Reigns

Quickest to be Eliminated  -  Xavier Woods

Iron Man (lasts longest)  -  Seth Rollins

First Two Entrants  -  Both members of American Alpha

Final Four  -  Roman Reigns, Seth Rollins, Shinsuke Nakamura and Bray Wyatt

Surprise/Unannounced Entrant  -  Daniel Bryan

Seth Rollins and Jason Jordan © vs Cesaro and Sheamus for the WWE Raw Tag Team Championship.  Match Result  -  The Bar

The Usos © vs Chad Gable and Shelton Benjamin in a 2-out-of-3-Falls Match for the WWE SmackDown Tag Team Championship.  Match Result  -  The Usos

AJ Styles © vs Kevin Owens and Sami Zayn in a 2-on-1 Handicap Match for the WWE Championship.  Match Result  -  AJ Styles

Brock Lesnar © vs Braun Strowman vs Kane for the WWE Universal Championship.  Match Result  - Brock Lesnar

8 minutes ago, Randy Giles said:

Winner  -  Asuka

Quickest to be Eliminated  -  Lita

Iron Man (lasts longest)  -  Asuka

First Two Entrants  -  Asuka and Mandy Rose

Final Four  -  Asuka, Nia Jax, Mickie James and Sasha Banks

Surprise/Unannounced Entrant  -  Trish Stratus

Winner  -  Roman Reigns

Quickest to be Eliminated  -  Xavier Woods

Iron Man (lasts longest)  -  Seth Rollins

First Two Entrants  -  Both members of American Alpha

Final Four  -  Roman Reigns, Seth Rollins, Shinsuke Nakamura and Bray Wyatt

Surprise/Unannounced Entrant  -  Daniel Bryan

Seth Rollins and Jason Jordan © vs Cesaro and Sheamus for the WWE Raw Tag Team Championship.  Match Result  -  The Bar

The Usos © vs Chad Gable and Shelton Benjamin in a 2-out-of-3-Falls Match for the WWE SmackDown Tag Team Championship.  Match Result  -  The Usos

AJ Styles © vs Kevin Owens and Sami Zayn in a 2-on-1 Handicap Match for the WWE Championship.  Match Result  -  AJ Styles

Brock Lesnar © vs Braun Strowman vs Kane for the WWE Universal Championship.  Match Result  - Brock Lesnar

Not going for your double points boost? Interesting

I'm keeping mine for Fastlane.  That's the big one.

But seriously, you're probably better keeping them for WM.  The other big matches have big multi-man matches usually, so harder to predict.  WM is largely predictable.

Seth Rollins and Jason Jordan © vs Cesaro and Sheamus for the WWE Raw Tag Team Championship.  Match Result  -  The Bar

The Usos © vs Chad Gable and Shelton Benjamin in a 2-out-of-3-Falls Match for the WWE SmackDown Tag Team Championship.  Match Result  -  The Usos

AJ Styles © vs Kevin Owens and Sami Zayn in a 2-on-1 Handicap Match for the WWE Championship.  Match Result  -  AJ Styles

Brock Lesnar © vs Braun Strowman vs Kane for the WWE Universal Championship.  Match Result  -  Brock Lesnar

The first ever Women's Royal Rumble Match for a Women's Championship Match at WrestleMania 34:

Winner  -  Asuka

Person With Most Eliminations  -  Nia Jax

Quickest to be Eliminated  -  Dana Brooke

Iron Man (lasts longest)  -  Bayley

First Two Entrants  -  Bayley and Sasha Banks

Final Four  -  Bayley, Asuka, Nia Jax and Naomi

Surprise/Unannounced Entrance - Nikki Bella

Winner  -  Dolph Ziggler

Person With Most Eliminations  - Roman Reigns

Quickest to be Eliminated  -  Heath Slater

Iron Man (lasts longest)  -  Roman Reigns

First Two Entrants  -  Curtis Axel and Baron Corbin

Final Four  -  Dolph Ziggler, Roman Reigns, Shinsuke Nakamura, Bobby Roode

Surprise/Unannounced Entrant  - The Undertaker

Can I use my boost here?

Guest bernardblack

The Usos © vs Chad Gable and Shelton Benjamin in a 2-out-of-3-Falls Match for the WWE SmackDown Tag Team Championship.  Match Result  -  Gable/Benjamin

Brock Lesnar © vs Braun Strowman vs Kane for the WWE Universal Championship.  Match Result  -  Brock Lesnar 

Winner  -  Bayley

Person With Most Eliminations  -  Nia jax

Quickest to be Eliminated  -  Alicia Fox

Iron Man (lasts longest)  -  Becky

First Two Entrants  -  Becky and Carmella

Final Four  -  Bayley, Asuka, Sasha banks, becky

Surprise/Unannounced Entrant  -  Stephanie

Winner  -  Reigns

Person With Most Eliminations  -  Reigns

Quickest to be Eliminated  -  Curt hawkins

Iron Man (lasts longest)  -  Balor

First Two Entrants  -  balor & rollins

Final Four  -  Reigns, Cena, Balor, Nakamura 

Surprise/Unannounced Entrant - Pete Dunne

Use my Boost please! 

Seth Rollins and Jason Jordan © vs Cesaro and Sheamus for the WWE Raw Tag Team Championship.  Match Result  -  Rollins and Jordan

The Usos © vs Chad Gable and Shelton Benjamin in a 2-out-of-3-Falls Match for the WWE SmackDown Tag Team Championship.  Match Result  -  The Usos

AJ Styles © vs Kevin Owens and Sami Zayn in a 2-on-1 Handicap Match for the WWE Championship.  Match Result  -  AJ Styles

Brock Lesnar © vs Braun Strowman vs Kane for the WWE Universal Championship.  Match Result  -  Brock Lesnar

Winner  -  Asuka

Person With Most Eliminations  -  Nia Jax

Quickest to be Eliminated  -  Alicia Fox

Iron Man (lasts longest)  -  Ruby Riott

First Two Entrants  -  Bayley and Naomi

Final Four  -  Trish Stratus, Asuka, Ronda Rousey, Sasha Banks

Surprise/Unannounced Entrant  -  Trish Stratus

Winner  -  Shinsuke Nakamura

Person With Most Eliminations  -  Randy Orton

Quickest to be Eliminated  -  Curt Hawkins

Iron Man (lasts longest)  -  Finn Balor

First Two Entrants  -  Apollo Crews and Drew Gulak

Final Four  -  Samoa Joe, Roman Reigns, Shinsuke Nakamura, John Cena

Surprise/Unannounced Entrant  -  Rey Mysterio

No boost.

11 hours ago, JamieStevenson said:

Royal Rumble 2018

Careful. There'll be protests outside your house.

The Usos © vs Chad Gable and Shelton Benjamin in a 2-out-of-3-Falls Match for the WWE SmackDown Tag Team Championship.  Match Result  -  Usos

Brock Lesnar © vs Braun Strowman vs Kane for the WWE Universal Championship.  Match Result  -  Lesnar

Winner  -  Becky Lynch

Quickest to be Eliminated  -  Tamina

Iron Man (lasts longest)  -  Becky Lynch

First Two Entrants  -  Bayley and Liv Morgan

Final Four  -  Asuka, Sasha Banks, Becky Lynch and Sonya Deville

Surprise/Unannounced Entrant  -  Nikki Bella

Winner  -  Shinsuke Nakamura

Quickest to be Eliminated  -  Bo Dallas

Iron Man (lasts longest)  -  Roman Reigns

First Two Entrants  -  Roman Reigns and The Miz

Final Four  -  Nakamura, Reigns, Cena and Balor

Surprise/Unannounced Entrant  -  Dolph Ziggler

f**k it - boost me up Jamie lad

Decided I'm not using my boost for this. Given the size of the Mania card and precitability it's likely to have, I'll probably wait for that. There's too many matches and side-points here I'm not sure on. And a couple I'm fairly certain I'll get wrong.

Archived