West League - SFA Pyramid

ShahktarYerMaw

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Am with you on that. Had a few Bankies fans in our programme hut for our league game earlier in the seaon and they were mostly dismissive of their rejoining the SFL. Despite their current travails they were very pro Junior.

If I was a betting man I’d put a fiver on Clydebank fans voting to join the pyramid.

On 26/01/2018 at 19:17, Burnie_man said:

It's not, the AGM lasted barely half an hour. Were you there, or just posting shite as usual to be controversial? grow up.

No I wasn’t there, but for someone who is so obsessed with TJ and clearly thinks he can do a better job , I find it hard to believe you have attended so many yourself and not challenged him on any of the issues you keep ramming down our throats. 

If I was a betting man I’d put a fiver on Clydebank fans voting to join the pyramid.

I would agree but I don't think it will be as clear cut as the recent poll, certainly won't be as close as the Indy Ref but won't be as much as the 80% previously!

If there was a clear indication though that a WOSL was imminent then that might change!

1 hour ago, tartanbankie74 said:

I would agree but I don't think it will be as clear cut as the recent poll, certainly won't be as close as the Indy Ref but won't be as much as the 80% previously!

If there was a clear indication though that a WOSL was imminent then that might change!

If things were to happen with next season in mind (2018-19), then trying to join the EoSFL seems most likely. They're the only league that has any kind of plan in place in place for increased members, with running with 18 teams before splitting divisions. Colt idea has seen a strong enough backlash to put that to bed for now and BSC's proposal for a WoSFL doesn't seem to be gaining any traction.

1 minute ago, FairWeatherFan said:

....Colt idea has seen a strong enough backlash to put that to bed for now and BSC's proposal for a WoSFL doesn't seem to be gaining any traction.

It's been put to bed for now at the SPFL level but they are still saying things like this:

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/celtic-rangers-colts-bid-set-11926548

...However after meetings with all the League Two clubs, he remains convinced that change will come eventually as part of a wider reconstruction at the bottom end of the senior leagues.

Speaking to MailSport as part of a full examination of the plan’s benefits and flaws, McCart said: “Obviously we’re disappointed with the fans’ reaction but this is going to happen at some stage so we need to get the issues addressed and let the clubs know this isn’t about Celtic and Rangers, this is about working for Scottish football.

“It’s unlikely at the moment. It’ll not happen for next year but we need to keep it on the table and keep working away, allow chairmen, managers, fans to express their concerns.

“The discussions we’ve had have been positive though, the chairmen are open-minded.

“So if there’s a willingness we can always find a way, whether we have to start at the Lowland League and work our way up, but as long as there’s an open door to discussions rather than it being closed.”...

I strongly suspect that the WoSFL thing is tied into a plan B scenario for the introduction of colt teams and that it probably isn't in any way dependent on a mass migration of junior clubs to be able to happen, if it genuinely isn't just about the Old Firm and there is scope for more colt teams than just two. There are twelve SPFL development teams operating in the Lowland league catchment this season (plus Rangers who are not participating this season), so integrating those into the lower reaches of the senior pyramid would provide plenty of scope for rearranging tiers five and six.

2 hours ago, Dunc the drunk said:

No I wasn’t there, but for someone who is so obsessed with TJ and clearly thinks he can do a better job , I find it hard to believe you have attended so many yourself and not challenged him on any of the issues you keep ramming down our throats. 

You weren't there, thank you.  It's amazing, you've only been a member a few weeks but know so much........

30 minutes ago, LongTimeLurker said:

It's been put to bed for now at the SPFL level but they are still saying things like this:

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/celtic-rangers-colts-bid-set-11926548

In the Q&A with Chris McCart he mentions that a year three in their colt proposal would see a bigger League Two of 18 teams that could see other colts added, or teams from the Highland/Lowland League. When it comes to reconstruction at the "bottom end of the Senior leagues" if the colt proposal doesn't get passed, the EoSFL & SoSFL doesn't get a mention. Creating a new league doesn't seem to be on their radar.

I wouldn't be shocked if they Old Firm goes to the Lowland League with the same 250 tickets and trial period. Then use that time to convince the SPFL to accept their colt teams if they get promotion/or restructure to allow them up together.

I've been hearing of other giants of the West Junior scene whose custodians are looking to be ready to make the leap if either a Tier 5 split West Lowland League or even a Tier 6 West Senior League appears to be a real possibility!

Clubs are starting to talk to each other at the highest level!

12 hours ago, ShahktarYerMaw said:

Kilwinning?

There's a proposal being sent out by the SJFA re Pryamid, Lets see what that brings, as far as I know only one other Super Premier club is interested in the BSC proposal, althought it has all gone quite from the BSC end.

As we mentioned in the press we arn't deperate for it to happen, we just think things couldnt get any worse, no sponsorship of the "Holy Grail", we've had 5 home league fixtures in the first 6 weeks, then 2 home league fixtures in 6 months and our parks fine, Holy Grail opponents couldn't field a team in the first round.

As for local competition, we havent been in the same division as the Medda for 4/5 years.

Clubs should be able to find their natural level

10 minutes ago, parkcircus said:

There's a proposal being sent out by the SJFA re Pryamid....

Now that's an interesting development.

Whether or not the proposal is of interest, it certainly opens a door for debate.

A debate is welcome yes, but it has to offer realistic options.
If (as has been rumoured) one option on the questionnaire will be that the West Premier go in at the same level on the pyramid as the Lowland, I’d suspect that would be attractive. But that won’t happen - the Lowland League couldn’t allow it. So the questionnaire could give outcomes that can never be delivered, and discussions rumble on for a few seasons.
Call me cynical, but that outcome suits the SJFA just fine.

There's a proposal being sent out by the SJFA re Pryamid, Lets see what that brings, as far as I know only one other Super Premier club is interested in the BSC proposal, althought it has all gone quite from the BSC end.
As we mentioned in the press we arn't deperate for it to happen, we just think things couldnt get any worse, no sponsorship of the "Holy Grail", we've had 5 home league fixtures in the first 6 weeks, then 2 home league fixtures in 6 months and our parks fine, Holy Grail opponents couldn't field a team in the first round.
As for local competition, we havent been in the same division as the Medda for 4/5 years.
Clubs should be able to find their natural level
Has it not been longer since Kilwinning and Irvine Meadow were in the same league? At least 10 years by my reckoning and possibly longer.

Archived