West League - SFA Pyramid

ShahktarYerMaw

All very lovely but your talking about an individual who if he fails then its him alone, not a club and its supporters.
I remember sitting into a club AGM when the outrageous notion of notions were being discussed of Ayrshire and central league amalgamation, three elderly guys were saying it would be the death of beith juniors and the junior game as a whole , in my humble opinion they got it wrong and it turned out to be the very own making of our game , until now for me, just like back then times change and change for the better , we are already seeing a few east teams seeing the light and entering the pyramid which in turn reduces our holy grail aka the junior cup which you talbot lads know a wee bit about ????[emoji2]

It's now time for the west teams to embrace a new concept and join a newly formed west league that's both parallel and in unison with the east and south varieties , then we can play it out for lowland league rights , these are only my opinions , I've no idea how my club feel but I do know that they're ambitious guys .

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Burnie_man said:

For goodness sake, I'm talking clubs not individuals!  if the clubs want something to happen they need to go and do it rather than moan about it on P&B.

In a nutshell if you want clubs to meet and discuss a new league then you must have something to discuss. At the moment there is nothing on the table and no backing from the association who are supposed to promote the pyramid. The SFA are happy to promote the SOSL as the way into the pyramid as this is the easy way out. There not interested in any West League and never will be.

2 minutes ago, Dipple burn said:

In a nutshell if you want clubs to meet and discuss a new league then you must have something to discuss. At the moment there is nothing on the table and no backing from the association who are supposed to promote the pyramid. The SFA are happy to promote the SOSL as the way into the pyramid as this is the easy way out. There not interested in any West League and never will be.

Your so wrong on that “they are not interested and never will be” part. The clubs must make it known their interest in a WOS League.

4 minutes ago, kefc said:

Your so wrong on that “they are not interested and never will be” part. The clubs must make it known their interest in a WOS League.

Then I wait with baited breath watching all these West clubs rush to the WOS flag, not knowing what the future holds. The West clubs will show no interest until someone puts something on the table that will attract their attention. As it stands there is nothing to dislodge them from their comfort zone.

12 hours ago, Troon Portland said:

Following the West Region General Meeting tonight, I have no confidence at all that our game is moving forward.

This must be the least enthusiastic I’ve felt about our grade.

???

There is absolutely nothing stopping a West junior club from informally discussing with as many other clubs as are interested, whether anyone would be interested in approaching the SFA en masse and requesting a discussion about forming a WOS league.

The SJFA aren't going to do it for obvious reasons, and the SFA aren't going to step on their toes to meet with junior clubs to discuss it.

For all we know the hierarchy at the SJFA are telling the SFA that the clubs aren't interested.

Who really knows? There is a veil of secrecy across the whole junior game and the clubs are implicit in that. This is clearly a topic of great interest, with a increasingly favourable view of the pyramid (at least on here) yet as far as I can tell only one west club has even acknowledged it.

17 hours ago, Burnie_man said:

On-field strength is absolutely immaterial, it's a tallest dwarf standard of debate in this context.

You make my point perfectly, by completely missing the point.

12 hours ago, theshed said:
12 hours ago, Dipple burn said:
Sorry M8 its the SFA's position to provide a pyramid structure and as I said they cobbled together the LL and called it a day. This is not an association that fills you with confidence, what you are saying is if you want to be part of the pyramid then you have to start your own league?

It's probably like everything else in life , if you want something you need to be a bit proactive within - looking for a job , dating , promotion at work , trying to move to a better house etc etc , it's all out there and, yes arguably it can all come to you - but youve got a helluva better chance if you take a gamble and pursue it rather than awaiting the proverbial bus that never comes.

Wow! You're in a very profound state there Sheddo!

Would be interesting to have a poll on here to gauge how fans think about a west of Scotland league involving the junior clubs. I know pollok did one on there forum on wither to join a senior pyramid league .

And the result was?

There is absolutely nothing stopping a West junior club from informally discussing with as many other clubs as are interested, whether anyone would be interested in approaching the SFA en masse and requesting a discussion about forming a WOS league.

The SJFA aren't going to do it for obvious reasons, and the SFA aren't going to step on their toes to meet with junior clubs to discuss it.

For all we know the hierarchy at the SJFA are telling the SFA that the clubs aren't interested.

Who really knows? There is a veil of secrecy across the whole junior game and the clubs are implicit in that. This is clearly a topic of great interest, with a increasingly favourable view of the pyramid (at least on here) yet as far as I can tell only one west club has even acknowledged it.

Close thread surely.

1 hour ago, ShahktarYerMaw said:

Bingo!

The clubs have had ample opportunity to bring the subject up at 3/4 AGM's since the original question was asked and haven't done so.

That would signify to me that there's been little demand among the clubs in that time  so why would the SJFA tell the SFA anything different. 

15 hours ago, Dipple burn said:

All very lovely but your talking about an individual who if he fails then its him alone, not a club and its supporters.

What would constitute a failure if clubs moved to a newly formed WoS League at tier 6?

Following the West Region General Meeting tonight, I have no confidence at all that our game is moving forward.

This must be the least enthusiastic I’ve felt about our grade.
Can you expand on this?
The clubs have had ample opportunity to bring the subject up at 3/4 AGM's since the original question was asked and haven't done so.
That would signify to me that there's been little demand among the clubs in that time  so why would the SJFA tell the SFA anything different. 

It's only in the last 7 or so months that Kelty have moved over, Bo'ness said they would seriously consider it, BSC have sent a proposal of sorts round some of the West clubs, Dalkeith have announced their intent to move and the issue is being discussed on this forum on about 4 different threads and won't go away.

Prior to all this, all we had in terms of conversational points were Talbot being told to move to the SOS league to achieve a licence (non-starter) and the 4-year old, one-time offer, half-arsed proposal put to junior clubs that pretty much asked them to consider risking their existence for an unquantified benefit.

Maybe the clubs don't trust the SJFA to do what is best for them. Nobody here does.

3 hours ago, santheman said:

You're having a laugh?   SJFA AGM's consist of TJ talking and nobody else saying a word regardless of what is being said.  I was at one in Dundee that was over in 30 minutes. It's not an environment to show dissent.

Archived