West League - SFA Pyramid

ShahktarYerMaw

Clubs in the West interested in being licenced and want to be part of a pyramid must get together and get chatting just now.

Those who want licenced and be part of the pyramid would probably need to setup a working committee who then contact the EOS and SOS Leagues for a chat on a West League to be implemented alongside these leagues. This could then be taken higher with a proposal to the SFA and the Lowland League for a discussion. You would think this could be implemented for this season, there's also the high chance Rangers/Celtic Colts (if they dont get in SPFL2) may look to be part of Tier 5 or 6 which could strengthen the WOS hand in the quick formation of the league.

I dont know 100% the ins and outs of this but surely it cant be much harder than the above, a strong Tier 6 covering all regions is beneficial for everyone involved, SFA, Lowland League, EOS/SOS Leagues and all the cup competions. Once the East, West, South is setup whats to stop the remaining SJFA clubs who dont want or arent ready to move going in below these leagues to create Tier 7,8 which gives them time to build and also work towards a licence.

It really should be that simple, if the SJFA are telling clubs change will come, we are working on it then great but it could be 3/5 years time which then could be too late for some clubs, the cream of the players will be in the Lowland League, EOS League in 1-2 year aswell as a host of clubs from the East Juniors joining the EOS League if whats been rumoured.

The SJFA should be working alongside the SFA (they might be for all we know) to create the very best pyramid structure but the silence and lack of any desire to the outside world from the SJFA doesnt bode well for confidence within clubs.

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, theshed said:
6 hours ago, Blackie Gold said:
It's good to talk about this league but the silence from the SFA has been deafening. Why should Junior clubs commit to a project that has not got the backing of the governing body who will be in charge of the newly proposed scheme.

In all fairness the SFA aren't going to come on pie and Bovril discussing it.

Are you for real? I don't think Blackie was saying that the SFA should come onto Pie & Bovril. More like the fact that there is a proposal for a West League, whats to stop the SFA making a press release  saying that they are aware of the motion and they are fully behind it. At the moment there has been nothing coming from the SFA so what this motion is asking is clubs join a league that has not been recognised by the SFA. If there is to be a West League then the SFA should announce that they fully back it and maybe there might be a shift towards Junior clubs moving towards the pyramid. 

The SJFA should be working alongside the SFA (they might be for all we know) to create the very best pyramid structure but the silence and lack of any desire to the outside world from the SJFA doesnt bode well for confidence within clubs.

Following the West Region General Meeting tonight, I have no confidence at all that our game is moving forward.

This must be the least enthusiastic I’ve felt about our grade.

The East clubs can join the EoSL , the West clubs can't join a WoSL. The West clubs don't see any need for a WoSL as the current Super League is already there and in excellent working order. The West pyramid already exists , tag the SoFL onto the bottom and bob's yer uncle.

Do you speak for all West clubs?

12 minutes ago, Troon Portland said:

Following the West Region General Meeting tonight, I have no confidence at all that our game is moving forward.

This must be the least enthusiastic I’ve felt about our grade.

So disappointing - but not at all surprising!

43 minutes ago, Dipple burn said:

Are you for real? I don't think Blackie was saying that the SFA should come onto Pie & Bovril. More like the fact that there is a proposal for a West League, whats to stop the SFA making a press release  saying that they are aware of the motion and they are fully behind it. At the moment there has been nothing coming from the SFA so what this motion is asking is clubs join a league that has not been recognised by the SFA. If there is to be a West League then the SFA should announce that they fully back it and maybe there might be a shift towards Junior clubs moving towards the pyramid. 

....or maybe those who are interested talk to each other and approach these people at the SFA who look after Tier 6 and below (well, apart from you know who......)

Non-Professional Game Board

Chair: Alan McRae (Scottish FA)

Members: Rod Petrie (Scottish FA), Stewart Regan (Scottish FA), John Campbell (Scottish Welfare FA), Fiona McIntyre (Scottish Women's Football), John Gold (Scottish Schools FA), John Greenhorn (East of Scotland Football League), Colin Holden (South of Scotland Football League), Tom Johnston (Scottish Junior FA), Thomas McKeown (Scottish Amateur FA), Tom Anderson (Scottish Youth FA)

14 minutes ago, Burnie_man said:

....or maybe those who are interested talk to each other and approach these people at the SFA who look after Tier 6 and below (well, apart from you know who......)

Non-Professional Game Board

Chair: Alan McRae (Scottish FA)

Members: Rod Petrie (Scottish FA), Stewart Regan (Scottish FA), John Campbell (Scottish Welfare FA), Fiona McIntyre (Scottish Women's Football), John Gold (Scottish Schools FA), John Greenhorn (East of Scotland Football League), Colin Holden (South of Scotland Football League), Tom Johnston (Scottish Junior FA), Thomas McKeown (Scottish Amateur FA), Tom Anderson (Scottish Youth FA)

Is it not the SFA who are supposed to promote a pyramid system not the actual clubs. If they were truely interested in a West League then they would be promoting it. As it stands they have cobbled together a couple of tiers and called it a day.

2 minutes ago, Dipple burn said:

Is it not the SFA who are supposed to promote a pyramid system not the actual clubs. If they were truely interested in a West League then they would be promoting it. As it stands they have cobbled together a couple of tiers and called it a day.

They probably should, but haven't, therefore clubs need to promote this themselves.  I doubt the SFA are going to tell them to GTF.  Speak to the EoSFL or SoSFL, they have people who sit on the SFA Board as you can see.

1 minute ago, Burnie_man said:

They probably should, but haven't, therefore clubs need to promote this themselves.  I doubt the SFA are going to tell them to GTF.  Speak to the EoSFL or SoSFL, they have people who sit on the SFA Board as you can see.

Sorry M8 its the SFA's position to provide a pyramid structure and as I said they cobbled together the LL and called it a day. This is not an association that fills you with confidence, what you are saying is if you want to be part of the pyramid then you have to start your own league?

There will be a bit of the EOS, SOS, LL not wanting to stand on anyone’s toes or to be seen as making radical moves, If the clubs want it you would think they would be happy to speak.

I may be wrong but when the pyramid 1st got muted the SFA passed information onto the SJFA to get feedback from all clubs which understandably wasn’t best recieved at the time considering the pyramid was at the beginning with too many ifs and buts.

Now that it’s on almost full flow although not ideal for clubs in the West as it stands it is now seen as a positive move to some or most, it’s in the clubs hands for change if they so wish.

5 minutes ago, Dipple burn said:

Sorry M8 its the SFA's position to provide a pyramid structure and as I said they cobbled together the LL and called it a day. This is not an association that fills you with confidence, what you are saying is if you want to be part of the pyramid then you have to start your own league?

So you'd rather cut your nose off to spite your face?   

TJ sits on that SFA board, the Juniors own man, but he certainly wont bang the drum for a WoSFL and who knows what he tells the rest of the board (maybe that's your answer as to why the SFA have done nothing), so then it falls to the clubs to pursue the issue.

It's probably like everything else in life , if you want something you need to be a bit proactive within - looking for a job , dating , promotion at work , trying to move to a better house etc etc , it's all out there and, yes arguably it can all come to you - but youve got a helluva better chance if you take a gamble and pursue it rather than awaiting the proverbial bus that never comes.

3 minutes ago, Burnie_man said:

So you'd rather cut your nose off to spite your face?   

TJ sits on that SFA board, the Juniors own man, but he certainly wont bang the drum for a WoSFL and who knows what he tells the rest of the board (maybe that's your answer as to why the SFA have done nothing), so then it falls to the clubs to pursue the issue.

Regan is the SFA's man he must know about the West proposal, why doesn't he intervene and tell the SJFA we are backing a West League and if your clubs want to come on board then we are backing them. However you want the clubs to go out on a limb and ask for a league knowing fine well that the SFA are as incompetent as the SJFA.

5 minutes ago, theshed said:
13 minutes ago, Dipple burn said:

It's probably like everything else in life , if you want something you need to be a bit proactive within - looking for a job , dating , promotion at work , trying to move to a better house etc etc , it's all out there and, yes arguably it can all come to you - but youve got a helluva better chance if you take a gamble and pursue it rather than awaiting the proverbial bus that never comes.

All very lovely but your talking about an individual who if he fails then its him alone, not a club and its supporters.

7 minutes ago, Dipple burn said:

Regan is the SFA's man he must know about the West proposal, why doesn't he intervene and tell the SJFA we are backing a West League and if your clubs want to come on board then we are backing them. However you want the clubs to go out on a limb and ask for a league knowing fine well that the SFA are as incompetent as the SJFA.

Given his track record, then I hardly think TJ is going to encourage the idea amongst other board members that anyone in the Juniors is interested in a WoSFL. That's a racing certainty.  So unless the clubs bypass TJ and take matters into their own hands, it will never happen whilst he sits on that board. 

If you are genuinely interested in a WoSFL, then make something happen.

1 minute ago, Burnie_man said:

Given his track record, then I hardly think TJ is going to encourage the idea amongst other board members that anyone in the Juniors is interested in a WoSFL. That's a racing certainty.  So unless the clubs bypass TJ and take matters into their own hands, it will never happen whilst he sits on that board. 

If you are genuinely interested in a WoSFL, then make something happen.

Why should I make something happen? I might make the same impression that you have done with Blackburn.  Do you want me to go in to the Talbot meeting and tell them to flick the V's to the association they belong to and join a league that has no official backing, has not been recognised by the association promoting the pyramid and maybe join a league that has LL reserve sides in it?

7 minutes ago, Dipple burn said:

Why should I make something happen? I might make the same impression that you have done with Blackburn.  Do you want me to go in to the Talbot meeting and tell them to flick the V's to the association they belong to and join a league that has no official backing, has not been recognised by the association promoting the pyramid and maybe join a league that has LL reserve sides in it?

For goodness sake, I'm talking clubs not individuals!  if the clubs want something to happen they need to go and do it rather than moan about it.

Archived