West League - SFA Pyramid

ShahktarYerMaw

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

BSC’s ambitions aren’t obvious. Second team it might be.

Either way, without a West League a large number of teams are blocked from ever getting into the pyramid due to where they are located.

Surely a club can’t have two teams in adjacent leagues. They could unfairly influence who does or doesn’t get promoted to the ‘parent’ team’s league for a start.

I agree on your second point.

So, a club catupulted from boys club to 5th tier, with no ground or support, want to have teams in 5th and  6th tier, is it me or does this just illustrate my whole point about tails, dugs and clubs with ambition greater than their collective size? 

So, a club catupulted from boys club to 5th tier, with no ground or support, want to have teams in 5th and  6th tier, is it me or does this just illustrate my whole point about tails, dugs and clubs with ambition greater than their collective size? 
It's certainly bizzare as BSC with one team in the " seniors " play in front of about 40 fans ( mostly parents of players with kids also in attendance ) I really wonder what the appetite crowd wise would be for a second team ?

It's all a bit strange for me and as you say they don't have their own ground to accommodate one team never mind two , that said they do seem to be instrumental in creating a new west league so that's a positive but it's certainly a strange bit of business for me.

43 minutes ago, Duraglit shareholder said:

Have the SFA ever been on record saying we and our member clubs are happy to introduce all junior teams to a pyramid system with route to league 3.Why would teams agree to spread the little money their is in scottish football even thinner.

No and a lot of people seem to think that any WOS League will automatically have the full blessing of the SFA.

Short sighted pish - Scottish football needs a strong third senior side in Allloa.

5 hours ago, theshed said:

It's certainly bizzare as BSC with one team in the " seniors " play in front of about 40 fans ( mostly parents of players with kids also in attendance ) I really wonder what the appetite crowd wise would be for a second team ?

It's all a bit strange for me and as you say they don't have their own ground to accommodate one team never mind two , that said they do seem to be instrumental in creating a new west league so that's a positive but it's certainly a strange bit of business for me.

It makes you wonder what their incentive is? Do you think they look at some of the big Junior clubs and think BINGO?  

10 minutes ago, Isabel Goudie said:

It makes you wonder what their incentive is? Do you think they look at some of the big Junior clubs and think BINGO?  

Well if you ever got relegated from the LL where would you prefer to end up, the SoS or a league containing the top Junior teams.

Self preservation or a genuine concern for the Junior grade??

No and a lot of people seem to think that any WOS League will automatically have the full blessing of the SFA.

Better a West League than full on transplant of all junior clubs into the pyramid, no?
I don’t think a large number of Junior clubs care for the pyramid as if their ground isn’t licensed they can’t get into Lowland anyway.

Perhaps. But BSC as it stands will be in the “big” League Cup next year as will the rest of the top 4 in the Lowland. That will attract big(ger) crowds with a potential plum tie. The attraction of that every season could tempt some Junior clubs to want to aim for Lowland League?

13 minutes ago, ShahktarYerMaw said:

Better a West League than full on transplant of all junior clubs into the pyramid, no?
I don’t think a large number of Junior clubs care for the pyramid as if their ground isn’t licensed they can’t get into Lowland anyway.

What's the point of having a pyramid if you're going to restrict it to a chosen few teams. I thought the whole idea of a pyramid was that ANY team should be able to progress through the leagues with no glass ceiling.

A lot of Junior teams don't own their own ground so have little chance of ever becoming licensed (unless they have a council  loaded with money and sympathetic to their cause)That doesn't mean they aren't interested. 

What's the point of having a pyramid if you're going to restrict it to a chosen few teams. I thought the whole idea of a pyramid was that ANY team should be able to progress through the leagues with no glass ceiling.
A lot of Junior teams don't own their own ground so have little chance of ever becoming licensed (unless they have a council  loaded with money and sympathetic to their cause)That doesn't mean they aren't interested. 

The pyramid isn’t restricted. Clubs can apply and join?

Think a West league will come to fruition but not this half assed attempt by BSC . Basically a self serving pig swill . The West super league will in time become the West of Scotland league imo & so it should . From what I hear BSC are struggling to fund 1 team & to attempt to run another is idiocy in the extreme

49 minutes ago, fan of the juniors said:

Think a West league will come to fruition but not this half assed attempt by BSC . Basically a self serving pig swill . The West super league will in time become the West of Scotland league imo & so it should . From what I hear BSC are struggling to fund 1 team & to attempt to run another is idiocy in the extreme

Remember, though, that the West Super League won't exist after this season, it will be the West Premiership with 16 teams in it.

Would all 16 teams be welcomed into a potential new West League in the SFA pyramid, and would they all want to ?

10 hours ago, ShahktarYerMaw said:

Perhaps. But BSC as it stands will be in the “big” League Cup next year as will the rest of the top 4 in the Lowland. That will attract big(ger) crowds with a potential plum tie. The attraction of that every season could tempt some Junior clubs to want to aim for Lowland League?

Talbot played BSC in the big Scottish when they played at Maryhill, lots of people bring this up as BSC got a 2-2 draw, the vast majority of the crowd was away supporters. The return game, which was a 5-0 trouncing not brought up very often, was played at Beechwood . BSC officials were in the stand and I can tell you they were most impressed by the set up and the crowd. I doubt any opposition outside the top four tiers would have bettered that. I wonder what a Scottish tie between BSC and Cumbernauld Colts would be like? Think I can guess. I therefore consider that they will only be too glad to have top Junior sides involved.

Archived