West League - SFA Pyramid

ShahktarYerMaw

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 hours ago, ShahktarYerMaw said:

An email was recently sent out by BSC proposing a West League within the SFA pyramid. The West would sit at the same level as East and South leagues and give access to the Lowland League.

Does anyone know which teams are or might be interested?

I would be surprised if a member of the SJFA West region proposed a breakaway of members to form a rival league.

Surely the SJFA West would have something in the constitution regarding something like this and would imagine it wouldn't be looked favourably on.

Not saying whether for or against just seems a strange, if not even daft, way to go about it.

I would be surprised if a member of the SJFA West region proposed a breakaway of members to form a rival league.
Surely the SJFA West would have something in the constitution regarding something like this and would imagine it wouldn't be looked favourably on.
Not saying whether for or against just seems a strange, if not even daft, way to go about it.

The email was sent by BSC. They are not a member of the SJFA.

I suppose your message hints at punishment for clubs taking real steps to form a new league - but can they be punished for talking about alternatives? That fear of the stick is the reason why no one will ever do anything for fear of what might happen.

The question is - if West SJFA members cannot or do not discuss a West SFA League, who will do it on their behalf? No reason for anyone out with the West region to care about it or have discussions about it. It could mean any SFA move to a West League will end up filled with amateur teams stealing a march to the Lowland League.

17 hours ago, ShahktarYerMaw said:

An email was recently sent out by BSC proposing a West League within the SFA pyramid. The West would sit at the same level as East and South leagues and give access to the Lowland League.

Does anyone know which teams are or might be interested?

Was the email sent to all clubs or just a selection by BSC ?

13 minutes ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

How did you respond?

I didn't.

1st I heard of the email was reading it here and I nothing to do with the committee or the running of the club. Just a supporter.

Archived