maryhill gaffer for sack

MaryhillFC123

On 26/01/2018 at 14:42, tommyboy said:

April 15,2005 ....wtf did that time go?  Maryhill had a decent side back then but on that particular night Lochee played some pretty impressive fitba and were worthy winners.

Just a pity that they were unable to replicate that display in the final. <_<

Tbh maryhill GK Scott black now the peasy Gk coach  played with a bad injury that night no wonder we got beat 4-0

• 4 months later...
Regardless of previous  disagreements, they are  good people running the club at Maryhill, with the club’s best interests at heart.

Absolutely. And makes the statement on Twitter announcing that the two Gordons have stepped down very worrying, they have struggled to get people to help in the committee in recent times and I hope it works out for them.

IMG_20180619_163318.jpg.b67e9d93908e891127d69820e87f3c53.jpg

I do not know Gordon, however for anyone to carry out the role of secretary for 28 years is special. Nearly every club has people like this and without it they would not survive! I have seen Maryhill a few times this season and to say that they did not have a rub of the green would be an understatement.

28 years service is a fantastic effort. Gordon Anderson  has seen every high and low that has come the way of the football club in his time at Lochburn

People like him and Gordon Boyd are the heart and soul of clubs like Maryhill who struggle to compete on and off the park against the richer teams in the game. 

The time and effort not to mention finance that they have put in over the period that I've known them is staggering and possibly will never be fully appreciated.

The new committee at Maryhill will have a very hard act to follow and I wish them all the best for the future.

Mon the hill

2 hours ago, Baxter's Nutmeg said:

I see from Twitter that they already have a new manager and committee in place. Sounds like a coup took place.

If it was a coup and they drove out long term committed people they may get a very big surprise on the amount of work required to run a club!

Alan Kelly, who managed Arthurlie Utd.

I had to laugh at the club statement, their president said he would like to thank all the applicants. John Hughes resigned on Monday, and the president was on twitter saying they had a new manager and committee in place the next day! How many applicants can you get in 12 hours? Definitely a coup.

Archived