Motherwell vs Ross County 24/1/18

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Kind of feels the same.

By my count we're about 5 wins and a draw from being safe, this is is one of the 5 I'd be hoping that we can win. Quicker we get back to putting points on the board the better tbh.

Given Saturday was our first clean sheet since mid-November then even taking into account the fact Accies were mince it seems like a step in the right direction.

I noticed Aldred was in training today on the club's Instagram story so hopefully that means he's not completely broken.

It'd be nice if Ciftci and Main could get off the mark and Tanner continues his good form. Cadden's supposedly back fit as well, so that's nice.

Hopefully Saturday gave the squad a much needed boost after a miserable December.

Winning our first two games back would really put a little bit of positivity back into our season especially with a tough trip to Tynecastle at the weekend.

If we don’t want to be in amongst a scrap this season then these are exactly the type of games we need to be winning convincingly.

3-1 home win.

Robinson's pre-match here: Tait suspended along with Hartley, Aldred's injury not as bad as first thought and he's in contention, Cadden's trained with the first team for 10 days straight, they reckon Ciftci's about 70% match fit but getting better.

It's piqued my interest that this is the possibly the 3rd interview in a row where he's been talking up Livingstone, Maguire and Turnbull and how they're close to the first team but we need to integrate them in the right way. I didn't realise Turnbull was away with the first team to Tenerife until Robinson mentioned it in an earlier interview.

I can't argue with any of that but it's curious that he's saying that whilst still talking about bringing another couple of bodies in before the window closes. It'd leave us with a massive first team squad if no one's moving out and we're actively promoting 3 u20s.

I'll not lie, while I'm a huge fan of his I thought Turnbull was a certainty to be loaned out this window because IMO he needs regular competitive first team football and we have about half a dozen options in the centre of the park. It'd also be a big ask for him to come in to our midfield just now and dictate the play at Premiership level.

Given Tait's suspended tomorrow I wouldn't be hugely surprised if we gave Livingstone a run out at LWB with Cadden on the right.

I am very confident that this will be the shitfest to end all shitfests. All the ingredients are there. Two poor sides, a cold Wednesday night in January, the lowest Fir Park crowd of the season with an away support consisting of one man and a dug tucked away in the North wing of the Main Stand with the South Stand completely shut meaning zero atmosphere. Can't wait!

County should  have beaten us at Fir Park back in August until Robinson made some bold changes at the break turned things in our favour and I see a similar pattern tomorrow but without the second half turnaround.

1-0 away win.

4 minutes ago, MJC said:

I am very confident that this will be the shitfest to end all shitfests. All the ingredients are there. Two poor sides, a cold Wednesday night in January, the lowest Fir Park crowd of the season with an away support consisting of one man and a dug tucked away in the North wing of the Main Stand with the South Stand completely shut meaning zero atmosphere. Can't wait!

County should  have beaten us at Fir Park back in August until Robinson made some bold changes at the break turned things in our favour and I see a similar pattern tomorrow but without the second half turnaround.

1-0 away win.

Surprised to see anyone outwith our most desperately optimistic supporters tip us for the win, or even tip us to score a goal.

Agree it'll be a shit-fest though.  Totally with you on that.

10 minutes ago, MJC said:

The dug’s refusing to go...

20 minutes ago, dingdong1929 said:

Surprised to see anyone outwith our most desperately optimistic supporters tip us for the win, or even tip us to score a goal.

Agree it'll be a shit-fest though.  Totally with you on that.

We are totally ineffective in attack and the only reason we beat Hamilton Accies on Saturday was because they scored one for us and then gave us a needless penalty for the other. Had neither happened we would probably still be playing now and not scored yet.

The only way we are scoring/winning tomorrow is if you do the same as Accies did.

5 minutes ago, MJC said:

We are totally ineffective in attack and the only reason we beat Hamilton Accies on Saturday was because they scored one for us and then gave us a needless penalty for the other. Had neither happened we would probably still be playing now and not scored yet.

The only way we are scoring/winning tomorrow is if you do the same as Accies did.

Accies beat us :(

Can both teams just hug out it for 90minutes and call it a draw?

Hopefully Ciftci and Main can get another 70-80 mins under their belt.  Early days, but it did look like they were linking up well together.

Interesting that Robinson has been talking up the likes of Livingstone.  With Tait and Frear unavailable tonight, it does seem like an ideal time to give him a go at LWB.  Happy with Rose to continue at RWB if Cadden isn't quite ready yet.

Carson

Kipré  Aldred  Dunne

Rose Campbell McHugh Livingstone

Tanner

Ciftci  Main

2-0 Motherwell.  Ciftci and Tanner.

A win would be real nice here but I’d probably take a point and the newly-roofed East Stand not blowing to bits.

Seriously though, a win is really necessary with a couple of trips to the capital following this. Desp’s team looks good enough to me to win but I think Cadden will be back in starting line up so even better.

Looking at the fixture list, February is a massive month for us, we have 4 games from 5 at home, if we win those along with tonight's game we could well be in a decent position of staying completely away from the relegation places and knocking on the door to the top 6.

I'm nominating this as our first:

0152.gif?w=300&h=169

Game of the season.

I think we'll be fine regardless, but the Thistle game, for example, was an opportunity for us to solidify our position as 'not in danger' and we chucked that.

A win puts us ten points clear from the bottom, which even at this stage should probably be enough. Shitfest for 90 minutes and bang one in off someone's ear, it'll do just fine.

Archived