Killie v Brora

Andy_K_97

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looking forward to this game now, its something a wee bit different, the excitement of the cup.

Besides it becoming a bit mundane, handing out the usual skelping of the Timothy & bashing of the *** these days [emoji23][emoji23] [emoji23]

After our result today,  Brora are going to win next week aren't they?!         

Just maybe,just maybe.Brora will not be short of support 6 bus’s coming down plus supports living in the south plus the novelty factor and curious supporter. They seem to be getting lots of press and TV coverage. Be interesting to see what type of crowd, after the hoops win and the unusual opponents.
B’Jesus there could be a shock

10 minutes ago, Back Beach said:

Just maybe,just maybe.Brora will not be short of support 6 bus’s coming down plus supports living in the south plus the novelty factor and curious supporter. They seem to be getting lots of press and TV coverage. Be interesting to see what type of crowd, after the hoops win and the unusual opponents.

I know a couple of neutrals from Inverness, who are coming down to the game and are hopeful to try and sit in the away end.

6 hours ago, Back Beach said:

I would predict 3500-4000.

Does anyone else think SC will put out almost, if not exactly, the same team as started yesterday?

SC seems to be a big believer in momentum and keeping things ticking along with as little disruption as possible.

"Scottish Cup – Follow the Football match between Kilmarnock and Brora Rangers live with Eurosport. The match starts at 16:00 on 10 February 2018. Our live coverage lets you follow all the key moments as they happen."

Steve Clarke says Kilmarnock will not be taking Brora Rangers lightly in their Scottish Cup fifth round tie.

Killie go into the match as heavy favourites but the boss has vowed to field a strong line up against the Highland League outfit.

"The message is to respect your opponent, always respect your opponents the same," Clarke said.

"Brora Rangers deserve to be in this round of the cup.

"They have had some great results to get here and we give them every respect.

"We were obviously very confident going into the game last week. You see that by the way they played.

"We showed Celtic the respect they deserved.

"We will show Brora Rangers the same respect and if the players go in with the same confidence and the same ability and we play to a similar level, hopefully we can get a good result."

After beating Celtic 1-0 last week, the cup tie presents a different type of challenge for the Rugby Park men.

"The pressure is on us, we have to be the team to be on the front foot," he added.

"We have to be the team that gets forward and commits the opposition and hopefully create a lot of chances.

"We have to be on our guard for counter-attacks. I watched their two games against Stranraer and East Fife, so I have an idea of how they play.

"They are a good solid team, they have a threat going forward.

"We have to be 100 per cent professional, 100 per cent ready and I'm sure we will be."

30 minutes ago, C4mmy31 said:

Steve Clarke says Kilmarnock will not be taking Brora Rangers lightly in their Scottish Cup fifth round tie.

Killie go into the match as heavy favourites but the boss has vowed to field a strong line up against the Highland League outfit.

"The message is to respect your opponent, always respect your opponents the same," Clarke said.

"Brora Rangers deserve to be in this round of the cup.

"They have had some great results to get here and we give them every respect.

"We were obviously very confident going into the game last week. You see that by the way they played.

"We showed Celtic the respect they deserved.

"We will show Brora Rangers the same respect and if the players go in with the same confidence and the same ability and we play to a similar level, hopefully we can get a good result."

After beating Celtic 1-0 last week, the cup tie presents a different type of challenge for the Rugby Park men.

"The pressure is on us, we have to be the team to be on the front foot," he added.

"We have to be the team that gets forward and commits the opposition and hopefully create a lot of chances.

"We have to be on our guard for counter-attacks. I watched their two games against Stranraer and East Fife, so I have an idea of how they play.

"They are a good solid team, they have a threat going forward.

"We have to be 100 per cent professional, 100 per cent ready and I'm sure we will be."

I love Steve Clarke.

On 01/02/2018 at 16:54, ICTChris said:

Ross Tokely played fifteen games at Rugby Park as a player, winning four, losing six with five draws.  He lost both cup ties played there, both when ICT were in the lower leagues in 2001 and 2010.

Looking at the Brora squad, they have a few players with league experience like Steve Mckay, Zander Sutherland, Gavin Morrison but it would be an immense shock for them to get a result here.  Has a non-league side ever beaten a top flight team in the Scottish cup before?  When Caledonian drew with St Johnstone in 1992 it was the first ever time a non-league team had avoided defeat against top flight opposition.

Strictly Brora aren't non league though so in the unlikely event they progress I imagine the record you mentioned will still stand. 

All they players played against us at Broadwood in 2013 I'm sure. Gave us a good game and looked better than some sides in our league that season (didn't go to our game up there a couple of years ago so can't judge them from that although we were shite at the time and won so imagine they played poor that day) and have produced a couple of scalps since but think an in form Killie will be a step too far. 

59 minutes ago, killiefan27 said:

I was actually at Brora's first round match against Girvan.

Nice place, but hopefully there'll be no need to head up there again for a replay!

DKacHb-WkAEX4p8.jpg large.jpg

Aye but did you get a Capaldis?!

I may head to the game. 

Archived