Overtime ??

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Everyone living out with their means has ruined Britain. Getting stuff on tick and letting banks give us mortgages we can't afford.
The decent non moronic people suffer as council taxes freeze and services go down but hey ho I've got a newer BMW than the neighbours. 

Careful you're not allowed to criticise mortgages on this site. Absolutely no drawbacks whatsoever to having them.

6 minutes ago, Jamaldo said:

Careful you're not allowed to criticise mortgages on this site. Absolutely no drawbacks whatsoever to having them.

Not a debt remember. A savings fund.

We bought our house five years ago and I don't regret getting a mortgage.  We were lucky in that we could get a house that we are happy in longer term rather than buying a flat, doing it up and then trying to upgrade, which seems like a bit of a pain in the arse.  I don't look at it as an investment but as a place to live and raise our family. 

The mortgage and house buying system is totally unfair and corrupt but I would rather be paying back a monthly loan on a property that I will eventually own rather than that just being dead money to me whilst paying off someone else’s mortgage.

The system is shit but unless you’re a millionaire these are the kind of things you have to accept in life sadly.

I’ve done 20 hours overtime since the turn of the year, but I don’t get paid for it. It’s as a consequence of working private sector. Some may say that the work load should be achievable within regular working hours, but truth is sometimes it’s not. Folk in my office do 45/50 hour weeks just because they’re busy. It’s a shame that it’s unpaid, but if it keeps me in a job and from going mental with a workload I’ll do it.

I have nothing to warrant being grassed on thank you!
My performance has been fantastic thank you very much. Nobody needs to know that I have been on here talking about Michael Jackson’s sexual preferences when I have meant to have been working.
Well...

6 hours ago, throbber said:

It was the person who did the wages who made a mistake and the full amount was paid into my account today. Still got paid for the Xmas break.

If you get her to hold on for a few weeks you'll get your parental leave pay as well. Result!

I usually only do overtime in December as we are ran off our feet,I start early rather than work late.I did 44 hours last month.

How many hours are you supposed to be on Keithgy?

I’ve done 20 hours overtime since the turn of the year, but I don’t get paid for it. It’s as a consequence of working private sector. Some may say that the work load should be achievable within regular working hours, but truth is sometimes it’s not. Folk in my office do 45/50 hour weeks just because they’re busy. It’s a shame that it’s unpaid, but if it keeps me in a job and from going mental with a workload I’ll do it.

Is that even legal? If it is it's a disgrace.

I don't understand why folk would choose to do it for free. If the work can't be completed in time then management need to employ more staff.

If I have a Sunday during the month it's a nice boost. I don't normally do OT though but it depends what my shifts have been like that month and I'll make myself available for a shift or two. Never over a weekend though. Unless I got finished at 12/1pm no amount of money would tempt me to give up a Saturday off.

4 hours ago, Widge said:

That's not a consequence of working in the private sector. That's a consequence of working for a shite employer, who has mugs working for them who put up with it, and so will continue to get away with it. 

Archived