Things you shouldn't skimp on.

2 minutes ago, Silverton End said:

Nice loafers 😎

Leather soles ....  check

Buckle detail?? ....  possibly

They’re long dead. Decent quality though. Had to get them xrayed on flight home from that trip and the security boy let me look at the scanner with him.

1 minute ago, Shandon Par said:

They’re long dead. Decent quality though. Had to get them xrayed on flight home from that trip and the security boy let me look at the scanner with him.

You couldn't conceal much contraband in the heel section tbh.

Nice gesture though

Used to regularly wake up with a sore back as result of a spring in the back. Had a cheapish memory foam mattress in the past which was ok but I'd still wake up with an ache every so often. Since purchasing a Tempur mattress I haven't had any such problem. It cost a fortune but it's definitely been worth every penny.

Its £300 a cup and the wee Civet cats are kept in tiny cages. Rich, cruel arseholes. 

£300 a cup! It’s Kopi luwak and is more like £10 a cup, probably more in Europe, but nothing like what your exaggerating.

True they are farms set up to maximise the profitability, but still plenty of ‘free range’ options particularly from Sumatra where it originated.

Actually it’s a decent cup of coffee, but of course questionable if worth the cost.

1 hour ago, Stellaboz said:

Capes. Cheap ones tend to just rip up in strong winds, you want your cape to be strong and at the same time, still have that razzle dazzle.

There's a Buddhist temple near me and whilst their orange robes appear to be standard issue they don't scrimp on outerwear. Buddha must be accepting of Aquascutum and Burberry as they tend to deal with our cold climate by wearing some real quality tweed capes. Clash a bit with the orange robes but they also wear high-end hunting footwear. I'm quite tempted to sign up. Will try and get a pic of one of the lads/monks. 

13 hours ago, throbber said:

Aye, when we get our new place me and the mrs are going to spend £1k on a new bed and mattress, you spend a good lot of your day in/on the thing so you can’t underestimate the importance of one that is of maximum comfort.

Boydy can help you out.

There's a Buddhist temple near me and whilst their orange robes appear to be standard issue they don't scrimp on outerwear. Buddha must be accepting of Aquascutum and Burberry as they tend to deal with our cold climate by wearing some real quality tweed capes. Clash a bit with the orange robes but they also wear high-end hunting footwear. I'm quite tempted to sign up. Will try and get a pic of one of the lads/monks. 
Some bois.

No it's not.

Agreed.

Fair enough the 25p boxes of smart price/Tesco value Corn Flakes are an insult to cardboard but the regular supermarket brand stuff is perfectly acceptable.

I refuse to skimp on things like sauces and soups. The own brand stuff tend to be watery shite in both cases.

25 minutes ago, The Naitch said:

Agreed.

Fair enough the 25p boxes of smart price/Tesco value Corn Flakes are an insult to cardboard but the regular supermarket brand stuff is perfectly acceptable.

I refuse to skimp on things like sauces and soups. The own brand stuff tend to be watery shite in both cases.

Aldi swiss muesli is lovely, a third of the price of Alpen.