SUPERBOWL LII

lichtie23

IMG_2015.jpg

Super Bowl LII will be the 52nd Super Bowl in the modern era and pits the AFC champion New England Patriots and NFC champion Philadelphia Eagles.

The Patriots are looking for back to back Super Bowl wins and a 3rd in 4 years as they play in their 10th Super Bowl. After dismantling the Titans in the Divisional round they came from behind to beat the Jaguars 24-20 in the AFC Championship. Tom Brady and Bill Belichick are looking for their 6th Super Bowl ring as they solidify themselves as the greatest QB/HC partnership in NFL history. The Patriots finished the season 13-3 and secured the number 1 seed in the AFC.

The Eagles breezed past the Vikings in the NFC championship to secure their 3rd appearance in the Super Bowl and kill any hope of the Vikings playing the big finale in their own stadium. The Eagles are led by 2nd year Head Coach Doug Pederson and have original backup Nick Foles at QB after they lost starter Carson Wentz in December to a torn ACL. The Eagles went 13-3 to win the NFC East and secure the number 1 seed in the NFC.

This is a rematch of Super Bowl 39 where Tom Brady led the Patriots to a 24-21 win over Donovan McNabb and the Eagles.

The game is to being held at U.S. Bank Stadium in Minneapolis, Minnesota. It will be the second Super Bowl in Minneapolis, which previously hosted Super Bowl XXVI in 1992. The game kicks off at 23.30 on the 4th of February and will be shown live on both Sky Sports and for free on the BBC.

IMG_2019.jpg

• Replies 769
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Championship games delivered the worst SB pairing possible, had I not already booked the Monday off work I wouldn't bother now. Having said that I do remember the Eagles and TO making a game of it last time out, watched it in the old bam central sports cafe on sauchiehall st. Mon the Eagles but it's hard to see it.

Championship games delivered the worst SB pairing possible, had I not already booked the Monday off work I wouldn't bother now. Having said that I do remember the Eagles and TO making a game of it last time out, watched it in the old bam central sports cafe on sauchiehall st. Mon the Eagles but it's hard to see it.

Yeah I usually take the day off to watch the game but I don't think I'll bother this year. Can't see past the Patriots they are just too good at the moment.

The Patriots are cheating c***s that the NFL roll over for, hope they get their arses felt.

55-0 to the Eagles and Brady getting his arms broken on his first snap and retiring would be the most pleasing outcome.

2 hours ago, Lambie's Pigeon Feed said:

Having said that I do remember the Eagles and TO making a game of it last time out, watched it in the old bam central sports cafe on sauchiehall st. Mon the Eagles but it's hard to see it.

That's exactly where I was for it too. Was cheering on the Eagles in that one purely down to the fact my flatmate was a 9ers fan, and had seen TO play when he was there. Hadn't discovered my hatred for the Patriots by that point yet.

2 hours ago, lichtie23 said:

If only both teams could lose

The only thing that could have been worse was if it was Patriots vs Cowboys

This.  If Eagles win, then every mixed/NFC East team Forum is going to be unbareable for a very long time.  Their fans are almost as bad as Cowboy fans - just without the actual history.

50 minutes ago, Antiochas III said:

This.  If Eagles win, then every mixed/NFC East team Forum is going to be unbareable for a very long time.  Their fans are almost as bad as Cowboy fans - just without the actual history.

Still better than vikes fans have been this season. They’ve made PFT completely unreadable. 

It's the Superbowl the people want to see.

SB39 was my first "proper" SB as a fan rather than an interested observer. Brian Westbrook, Terrel Owens and Donovan McNab v Brady, Deoin Branch and Corey Dillon.

I don't think that Pats have ever had a better D  than guys like Mike Vrabel, Teddy Bruschi, Willie McGinest, Asante Samuel, Rodney Harrison

For those yawning at another Pats appearance at the SB, I think I’m correct in saying that 5 of their wins have come with a margin of just 3-4 points before last years 6pt margin (OT) over the Falcons in an amazing comeback. Their 2 most recent defeats, both against the Giants were also tight 3-4point affairs. Surely that should whet the appetite of the neutral or casual follower?

5 minutes ago, RedRob72 said:

For those yawning at another Pats appearance at the SB, I think I’m correct in saying that 5 of their wins have come with a margin of just 3-4 points before last years 6pt margin (OT) over the Falcons in an amazing comeback. Their 2 most recent defeats, both against the Giants were also tight 3-4point affairs. Surely that should whet the appetite of the neutral or casual follower?

No one hates the Pats because of their on field spectacle. It's almost everything else about the cheating c***s. 

3 minutes ago, lichtie23 said:

Can’t believe I’m saying this but I think I want the Eagles to win this. I feel dirty

I'm the opposite. I hate the Pats, but I can't stand the Eagles.

I want neither to win, but I suppose I could respect a Pats win given it's Brady. I can't find any such justification for the Eagles.

No one hates the Pats because of their on field spectacle. It's almost everything else about the cheating c***s. 

Been a casual fan only since C4 started showing the games in the mid 80’s. Picked the Patriots for no other reason than the name and colours. Other pals chose ‘their teams’ as the Dolphins, Giants, Bears, Raiders and 49ers back then.
Gotta admit other than checking the results in the regular reason, only start watching again once it gets near to the play offs. Perhaps should follow the season right through, it’s cracking entertainment!!
Recall there was huge controversy over a purposely deflated ball?? but what other misdemeanours have the Pats been involved in to make them so unpopular in many quarters and to label them as cheats?
Genuine question for the uninitiated?
Cheers Rab

Archived