Dundee United v Greenock Morton 27/01/2018

• Replies 387
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, Randy Giles said:

That's a phenomenal strike right there. Can't wait to see the Iredale goal now. Jim Spence was quite fond of it.

Randy's Piles stating the obvious shock!

Looking forward to reading your report of the match. Can you please make sure to include some quotes from the Billy the Fish crowds in your report.

2018, 1978 and 1969 my only three visits to Tannadice and three wins, that's what I call a treble.

That much a happy clapper missed the slip road to Glasgow at Perth and continued to Edinburgh before cutting off at Dunfermline, when at least I remembered the way home from last week.

Well me thinks its the playoffs for United.

Our best bench yesterday the playoffs ahoy!

2 hours ago, mylothedog said:

Morton threads are box office. Where's VT?

Was he the boy who got thrown out after the first goal and his pals said he headed back to the Gourock bus to drink the carryout?

11 hours ago, glenburn bud said:

Only Morton fans could turn a delightful 3-0 win at tannadice into a bitchfest of infighting. 

Seeing as Clyde have f*****d things up by winning two in a row and thus depriving us of the pleasure of their fans meltdowns - always helps to pass a Sunday - I thought I'd read this thread to see the United fans in snottery tears.

Imagine my delight that the Morton fans are also melting down, despite an excellent win.

Pleasing.

8 minutes ago, Buddist Monk said:

I'd say that is a brave prediction. I doubt they'll make the playoffs, myself.

Omnishambles yesterday aside there's no way they don't pick up enough points to make the playoffs. They'll still be favourite for 2nd but they're not going to be good enough to go up.

5 minutes ago, Buddist Monk said:

I'd say that is a brave prediction. I doubt they'll make the playoffs, myself.

Seriously; if we play like we played yesterday we will struggle to finish in the top four and, even if we do, will not get to the play off final.

1.  We need to accept that we won't win the league; that isn't defeatism, rather recognising that the priorities have now changed and we have to make strategic changes accordingly.

2.  Csaba cannot carry on ignoring what is happening in front of him.  Yesterday it was obvious after 10-15 minutes that McDonald was like a fish out of water in the role he was given.  Lyng was shit playing wide last week against Alloa and again yesterday; Csaba must recognise and accept this.  There's no point in him following a path just through stubbornness.

3.  The only chance we have of reaching the play off finals is to change our formation and tactics and not wait 60 minutes into games to rectify obvious failings.

11 minutes ago, Coventry Saint said:

Woof.

We sit in the upper tier behind that goal.  It was a wonderful strike and actually drew applause from some Arabs.  I thought at the time it took a slight deflection but not sure; even if it did it was goal bound and the guy deserves plaudits.

Archived