Eurodisney

Newbornbairn

1 hour ago, welshbairn said:

There must be towns and villages nearby you can escape to. Rent a bike and tour vineyards and orchards getting mildly tipsy.

You can see a village on the hillside when you're on the rollercoaster.  That's one of my overriding memory of my visit to Eurodisney years ago.

Edited by Highland Capital

On 21/01/2018 at 18:30, NewBornBairn said:

Booked a holiday at Eurodisney in July for the family including grandkids. Anybody been? Any tips on how to survive a week of inane Disney shite?

There are loads of Champagne vineyards not far away, you should be able to go on a tour or hire a car if you can find a designated driver.

Edited by welshbairn

8 minutes ago, Tynieness said:

Nip to the wee shop at train station, load up on cheap booze and smuggle it back to your room.

You can't walk back into park with it due to X-ray machines so get on the wee tour bus that drop you off at the hotels therefore circumventing their security.

:lol:

no just me then

Its only two parks so fill it out with trips to Buffalo Bills West World and take a trip to Val D"Europ shopping centre. The Disney Village is actually quite fun and the fireworks are pretty good at the end. 

It will cost you an absolute fortune though. I went to the Rainforest Cafe and got two adult meals and a Childs meal and it cost me about £90 with drinks.

This is quite the handy guide http://www.dlpguide.com

ETA: The adults will push aside children to get photos with other adults dressed up as children characters. I lost the rag a few times.

50 minutes ago, Peppino Impastato said:

With the price of flights these days you're as well to do it proper and go to Disneyland.

No point going to a Mickey mouse place when you can have the real thing.

Shut up.

Edited by Bobby Skidmarks

If you have breakfast included at the hotel, grab a load of rolls/bread and cheese and meats and make pack lunches to take with you. 

Take advantage of the early opening hours for hotel residents, although some of the rides wont be open, its a good chance to get on others with minimum queues.

Download the app and use it to keep an eye on queue times. Some rides always have long waits but some can vary, so if you keep an eye on them and you're quick you can avoid some of the longer queues.

Be prepared to queue!! No matter what, you will have to queue, and often for a long time. Take stuff for the kids to do. We took their Nintendo DSs with us, but a few games or videos on a tablet/phone or a book would also work.

Do stay and watch the fireworks once but be prepared to go and pick your spot early.

Do go and see the shows in Disney studio -Cinemagique and Moteurs are particularly good.

Dont bother with shuttle buses. Even Cheyenne and Santa Fe are only about 10 minutes walk from Disney village along the "river".

I think the Michael Jackson thing has gone now but if not DONT go to it.

Do eat in Rainforest Cafe. Its pricey, although no more pricey than anywhere else, but it is cool and the kids will love it

ETA - be prepared to really enjoy it. I was dubious when we went but I ended up really liking it :) 

Edited by Mr X

Anyone been to Parc Asterix? It's about 30 miles north of Paris and it's not fucking Disney. No idea what it's like but I'd imagine a few pagan bars about.

Been about 3 times and it's my favourite theme park, rides are excellent nowhere near as busy as Disney, foods loads cheaper, and the Gaulish village is excellent. It helps if you've read a load of the comics which I had as a kid, but even if you haven't it's not hard to get into. Good mix of bigger rides for older kids, and smaller ones for younger kids, a few shows which are all in French but not hard to follow what's going on.