Dundee v Hibernian

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The McCann interview in all its embarrassing glory: Link.

Think he's spot on tbh. Was a terrible decision. Maybe not the best idea to come out and say so in an interview but must be difficult when a microphone is put in your face straight after a defeat. He does also mention the fact that we were wasteful in front of goal.

Think he's spot on tbh. Was a terrible decision. Maybe not the best idea to come out and say so in an interview but must be difficult when a microphone is put in your face straight after a defeat. He does also mention the fact that we were wasteful in front of goal.

The second yellow incident was a booking all day long. I felt his first was soft. I'm fed up of referees but McCann playing the victim card is a minter.

The second yellow incident was a booking all day long. I felt his first was soft. I'm fed up of referees but McCann playing the victim card is a minter.
I agree in one sense - but the ref did us no favours at all tonight.

That being said McCann has to take the blame for some (yet again) baffling decisions. Why start Curran ahead of Allan? Why have AJLS as a hold-up man when that just isn't his style of play?

1 minute ago, RossDee01 said:

Team wins 3-0 away from home.

Night still ruined because Hibs won.

Was just noting that Dundee are a pointless club who never do anything, m8.

7 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

Parish kept us in it. 3 one on ones he bailed us out on, then the double save from Murray, then the one he tipped over the bar at the end then Murray and Barker missing gilt edged chances.

You will always create one or two chances in a game and Henvey's should have been buried, but don't blame the lad, it's McCann's fault for not getting someone in. He's had nigh on 6 months to look at the market, it's piss poor that he's not brought someone in as it's been evident from the start of the season that our forward options are not good enough.

I respect your opinion RossDee, it's fair enough, but I have to massively disagree. That was relegation material for me tonight. Saturday is absolutely massive.

I can't believe I'm saying this, but thank god Moussa is back (That's how bad our options are).

Moussa wouldn't have changed a thing tonight. It still would've come down to Gowser, O'Hara, ElBak, or Henvey taking one of their gilt edged chances. Haber is an actual footballer, and I for one hope that he is fit for the weekend so that my string of not having to watch Moussa play stretches to two games. 

On another note Basque Jon delivered most of those crosses into the box, and put them on a plate, but we can't score. Now having said that why did he get subbed?? Was NM protecting him because he was already on a yellow? I guess I'm just hoping he hasn't come up lame and ask to be subbied.

27 minutes ago, DigOutYourSoul said:

The Spanish Jon sub was good one from McCann. He's on a yellow and getting ran at by Boyle constantly. Decent game management from McCann, IMO.

Holt actually done fine when he came on too.

I wouldn't have thought Holt would be an upgrade over Basque Jon in any capacity, going forward or at the back. This was only the second game this season that I've missed so I've only seen the highlights, and Jon was dropping some mighty nice crosses into the box tonight. The yellow card thing made sense, but it seemed as though Jon coming off diminished our chances of getting an equaliser. 

Anyways hopefully Meekings and Jon can regain their pre-break form.

Archived