Dunfermline V League Leaders

• Replies 656
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Beaton was awful tonight along with our tactics and three or four players.

Morris isn't a captain, he's a nervous wreck at times and doesn't instruct anyone. He's keeping Ashcroft out the side purely because he is captain.

Shiels clearly not right tonight yet plays ten mins over what he should have. Craigen should have started.

Why the hell did Higgy play on his wrong foot instead of the right hand side? Why wasn't Aird playing on the left? 

Wtf was Ryan supposed to be doing out wide, our shape completely went?

It was clear that St Mirren cannot compete with us physically it was a massive weakness and we didn't exploit it, they resorted to pushing and pulling our players and we naively didn't play it properly. How we had four or five bookings is mental when they fouled us the entire game discreetly. Robinson sussed out the long balls for M'Voto were unstoppable before the manager or the defence did. 

We have a good side and a poor manager.

5 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

I'll probably be wrong about this, but I believe it's down to the referees discretion, not as cut and dried as simply yellow card the player stays on etc. 

On this occasion you are correct.

As mentioned on another thread, it happened to us against Livingston. Our bench went apeshit, but Jack ross apologised to Craig Thomson, after Thomson explained to him later that it was indeed at the ref's discretion.

18 minutes ago, Gbud84 said:

Found it quite surprising when Chris Sutton commented how much bigger a budget Dunfermline have over St Mirren. Surely he's full of pish and budgets between the 2 will be quite similar.

I missed that due to the fact that I never listen to what that fecker says

Another below par performance from us tonight but yet again we have been able to grind out 3 points without performing to the levels we have been capable of.
Glancing at the league table tonight I confidently expect Dunfermline to finish this season in the bottom half along with the Dumbartons and Brechins. They will probably end up 6th or perhaps 7th. Lucky for them they made such a strong start to thus season. That must seem like a lifetime ago. Tonight they showed loads of huff and puff but no skill or guile. I can't see Allan Johnston still being in charge at EEP come the start of next season.

You just scraped a win with 12 men and now we’re bottom half fodder, awa and haw a word wi yersel.

Don't Falkirk have a bigger budget?

At the start of the season I was told we had the 4th biggest budget in the league. Don’t know if that’s pish or not though.

If it was the case I would assume DU, Inverness, st m, and dafc in front of us.

16 minutes ago, Finch road said:

Im obviously not in the know but i wouldn't say so. Sure someone will no for sure but id have DU and DAFC as the 2 biggest

Fucks happening here? A series of moderately interesting, sensible posts from Finchy?

10 minutes ago, LargsTON said:

He's certainly not going to break into the Celtic first team.

Ryan Christie is much more advanced and cant get a sniff. But on the flip side Johnny Hayes is bang average. Will be interesting but i honestly think he will be at Paisley for another 18 months 

congrats to the Saints - will be Champions - they can only blow it  now  - close game , but SAINTS got the breaks - great opening goal -  PARS just have to dust themselves doon and concentrate on the next game ! 

Wouldnt be surprised if the loan extended 12 months tbh
Ryan Christie is much more advanced and cant get a sniff. But on the flip side Johnny Hayes is bang average. Will be interesting but i honestly think he will be at Paisley for another 18 months 
Come on let's make it 24 months and stop messing about here. f**k it 36 months!!

Archived