Dunfermline V League Leaders

• Replies 656
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 25/01/2018 at 16:09, Szamo's_Ammo said:

Expecting Dunfermline to win this and start the Maureen slide. The Fife side have players like Joe Cardle that the Paisley Maureens could only dream of.

Thank you.

The banning of straws should put an end to clutching like this.

Started ok until st mirren showed abit of the sharpness that has them so far in front which that hadn't so far this season against us, good play to play smith in but serious questions over Robertson, looks like he dived over the ball when it wasn't the cleanest hit shot.

Struggled to get much from the game for a while after that and I was reasonably happy to only be 1 down at ht.

Started 2nd half much stronger and got ourselves back into it early, pretty even game 2nd half until that fud Robertson made an absolute mess of things.

We came back fairly strongly having a good amount of possession with m'voto winning everything off of set pieces. It was strange to hear us being criticised for going long on the radio when we were having so much success with it.

I'd say McGinn is more important to saints that Morgon he put in a great captains performance whilst morgon gave up as many chances to Williamson as he created.

Fair play to saints fans, sang throughout, no chance of united catching you now.

29 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

Blowing for full time bang on 93 minutes when the balls went out multiple times, howling performance from Beaton. 

Your team had a right go at it but were beaten by the league leaders, you need to let it go.........

4 minutes ago, Mark Connolly said:

The ball going out of play isn't a stoppage.

Are you genuinely this thick?

5 minutes ago, Rugster said:

Erm. Stoppages for the ball being out of play aren't counted for added time. If they were matches would last around 135 minutes instead of 90. 

Genuinely not taking the piss here but I can't find anywhere which states the referees don't, or can't add on time for the ball going out of play,  there's been more than a few instances in the past though where the stoppage time has been extended, in one instance(and the reason I might be getting my wires crossed) I'm sure there was a Man Utd game where they scored a couple of minutes after the specified stoppage time and the pundits at the time used stoppages in play such as corners, free kicks etc to justify the time added on. 

Either way I can't find anywhere that either specifically, or even in a roundabout way tries to say that referees can't add time on for free kicks, corners etc. Happy to be proved wrong though. 

Just now, Grant228 said:

Genuinely not taking the piss here but I can't find anywhere which states the referees don't, or can't add on time for the ball going out of play,  there's been more than a few instances in the past though where the stoppage time has been extended, in one instance(and the reason I might be getting my wires crossed) I'm sure there was a Man Utd game where they scored a couple of minutes after the specified stoppage time and the pundits at the time used stoppages in play such as corners, free kicks etc to justify the time added on. 

Either way I can't find anywhere that either specifically, or even in a roundabout way tries to say that referees can't add time on for free kicks, corners etc. Happy to be proved wrong though. 

Just get to your bed. You've lost it. 

How did James Craigen play?

He was ok, picked a couple of passes and did his defensive duties, however he completely backed out of a couple of important 50/50 balls, ones you make sure you are going to win or at worst make sure the opponent doesn't get clean ball, even if it means risking conceding a free kick.

Archived