Dark (German)

Wardy

2 minutes ago, YER SISTERS YER MAW said:
4 hours ago, Wardy said:
Anyone watched this? Watched the full 10 episodes last night. Superb stuff. Just a complete mind f**k. Would definitely recommend. It’s on Netflix. 

There"s an American dubbed version on Terrarium that I was considering due to it's high ratings.

I watched it on Terrarium but in German when subtitles. I don’t think I would enjoy it if it was dubbed. Never seems to have the same effect with regard to tone of voice etc. But each to their own. Brilliant though. Should go for it, subtitled or dubbed, depending on your preference. 

• 2 years later...
Bumping this thread. Currently on episode 3 of series 3. I don’t know how I’m still following all what is going on, but it’s brilliant.

I didn't even try to understand it! Would you believe me if I told you it gets even more mental?

ETA although it does tie up nicely at the end imo

I've never seen the programme but I'm going to chuck in my two pfennigs worth on  the subtitles/dubbing debate.

Arty European flicks and war films are far better with subtitles.  My dvd copy of Stalingrad is very badly dubbed and it is kinda ridiculous. It's like an episode of Euro Trash.

Jackie Chan and other martial arts films are better when dubbed. It just adds to the overall daftness.

On 26/07/2020 at 09:05, tongue_tied_danny said:

I've never seen the programme but I'm going to chuck in my two pfennigs worth on  the subtitles/dubbing debate.

Arty European flicks and war films are far better with subtitles.  My dvd copy of Stalingrad is very badly dubbed and it is kinda ridiculous. It's like an episode of Euro Trash.

Jackie Chan and other martial arts films are better when dubbed. It just adds to the overall daftness.

I picked up this on eBay recently, widescreen & original subtitles. £3-odd brand new sealed.

Couldn't watch my dubbed version anymore at all. It was a travesty

20200731_145919.thumb.jpg.82f2b733023f83e814222fcdc6043701.jpg