Fan/Player - Travel Safety

Fan321

Do clubs or authorities consider this when deciding games are going to go ahead? 

Despite pitches being playable will they go ahead for sure? 

An example would be Brechin travelling to Glasgow, Partick travelling to QOTS etc

Do clubs or authorities consider this when deciding games are going to go ahead? 

Despite pitches being playable will they go ahead for sure? 

An example would be Brechin travelling to Glasgow, Partick travelling to QOTS etc

I’m sure I read on here that Brechin are actually based in Falkirk and just travel north to play games? Bizarre if true but may clear up this issue

I’m sure I read on here that Brechin are actually based in Falkirk and just travel north to play games? Bizarre if true but may clear up this issue

Brechin are based in Brechin although many of the players travel from the central belt. I think the concerns are for the fans travelling to the games.

9 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

And

I assume it's a stunt to attract the bigger pool of PT players that are based in the central belt and don't wanna be arsing it upto teuchterville for anything other than games.

However that's relevant here as it means they won't be driving from Brechin to away games.

I assume it's a stunt to attract the bigger pool of PT players that are based in the central belt and don't wanna be arsing it upto teuchterville for anything other than games.

However that's relevant here as it means they won't be driving from Brechin to away games.

Are you for real. Most Falkirk players probably won’t be travelling from Falkirk for games either

We are a #bigteam so we have a #bus to take us to away games.

Brechin will have a bus too. We have a bus that picks players up depending where they stay and where the game is. A lot of your players will live in Glasgow or Edinburgh like a lot of nearly every other clubs players.

I think the concerns are for the fans travelling to the games.

Indeed. Statistically you're going to get a few accidents if you invite 30,000 along in fairly nasty conditions. Not so much with 40 odd players.

A lot of part time teams train centrally . Peterhead only train once a week at Forfar . Different managers at different times in they re clubs history s will change training facilities to suit .
No point in paying 8 Glasgow based players to travel to Brechin twice weekly for trying when you ll slash costs by training more central .
In days gone by teams used to train on they re own patch and further afield players would pop along to nearest club and train ie. Glasgow based City player s trained with Dumbarton.
I remember East Fife pa
layers Stevie Lennox and Ray Charles training at Brechin .

Safety was the reason behind us having a home game against Hibs postponed. Despite the heavy rain the pitch was fine but the surrounding area was flooded including the main road into Greenock from the Glasgow side, and patches of the A8 were fairly deep too, so the consideration was down to travelling fans.

Archived