What's the most "Tin Pot" thing you've seen in the SPFL

9 hours ago, ancientnoise said:

Sorry, but there'll be no "off the hook" for Saints on anything until something is done about this. What's happening on that front?

chick_young_stmirren.thumb.jpg.f7958855777b1c67972c2314140b95a3.jpg

Terrible journalism / shite mural thread for this please.

Guest Moomintroll

Due to our unforeseen lack of playing time heading into the League season, we have arranged a glamour friendly on Monday with Stewarton United AFC. How hard would it have been to get something sorted with an SPFL team who are idle on Saturday? I am convinced no one is actually running the Club at the moment.

Something tells me the press are going to enjoy Kilmarnock's fall back to the position of mid to low table mediocrity (no disrespect intended) they usually occupy.

Guest Moomintroll
2 minutes ago, nsr said:

Something tells me the press are going to enjoy Kilmarnock's fall back to the position of mid to low table mediocrity (no disrespect intended) they usually occupy.

Gordon Parks will, that's for sure.

Not a particular dig at the Bairns and this is a long standing sponsor but these type of photos...

DCE56F92-4ABE-411C-9FB0-4FE1ED7A03B8.thumb.jpeg.b9960148ee472ced060f8e4c11fb995b.jpeg

I remember Thistle had one where Derek Johnstone was in full Thistle kit being served a curry on the centre circle at Firhill when we were sponsored by the Ashoka West End back in the 80s 😂😂😂😂

7 hours ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

No chance you are off the hook mate.

This surely can’t have happened anywhere else.

Its not even a ‘pop up shop’ ffs. You actually had a Celtic shop in your stadium.

B8F1F9DA-18D7-4754-ACD0-3E054C8CA2C4.jpeg

I know we had a Celtic shop in our stadium. We had Celtic logos on the extendable canopy at the players tunnel, and it was a Celtic home game. We hired out our stadium to them. A nice earner for zero outlay, when the stadium would otherwise have been lying empty. Our stadium is also hired out to, and is the home of, the Scotland U21s.

Hiring out the stadium to anyone is not the issue. The issue is the old SMFC board of directors would simply not have considered letting the support at large know in advance that the Celtic branding was happening. It would simply not have registered with them that it would be an emotive issue, and that a photo like that would be on social media in about five minutes flat. It would not have registered with them that it would look bad, be received badly, would be tinpot material, and make a bad impression. Their PR, their awareness, their interaction with the St Mirren support was completely fcuking abysmal. Not a clue.

2 hours ago, pozbaird said:

It would simply not have registered with them that it would be an emotive issue, and that a photo like that would be on social media in about five minutes flat. It would not have registered with them that it would look bad, be received badly, would be tinpot material, and make a bad impression. Their PR, their awareness, their interaction with the St Mirren support was completely fcuking abysmal. Not a clue.

Does any UK business treat its core paying customers with quite as much disdain and unawareness as the average reasonably-sized Scottish football club?

10 hours ago, jagfox99 said:

Not a particular dig at the Bairns and this is a long standing sponsor but these type of photos...

DCE56F92-4ABE-411C-9FB0-4FE1ED7A03B8.thumb.jpeg.b9960148ee472ced060f8e4c11fb995b.jpeg

I remember Thistle had one where Derek Johnstone was in full Thistle kit being served a curry on the centre circle at Firhill when we were sponsored by the Ashoka West End back in the 80s 😂😂😂😂

Appropriate as Johnstone was Ashoka of a Partick manager! 

On 25/07/2019 at 22:33, pozbaird said:

Is that us off the hook for the Sellik shop debacle at our midden a season back? What do you mean no?

Meh this isn't great but west coast kids in old firm tat are hard to escape.

I remember Thistle had one where Derek Johnstone was in full Thistle kit being served a curry on the centre circle at Firhill when we were sponsored by the Ashoka West End back in the 80s [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Found the photo. GW948H1724.jpeg.jpg

On 27/07/2019 at 09:51, jagfox99 said:

I will raise you a view from the crowd.........cheeky wee chants about HRH in there for good measure

*******eta********** she protected her account, shame as it was all in such good taste

Edited by Green Day

6 minutes ago, Mark Connolly said:

It's even more tinpot - look at who wrote the "story"...

Aye , saw that.  Same patronising crap towards the wee teams that seems to have served him well throughout his career and beyond into retirement

On 27/07/2019 at 13:38, jagfox99 said:

Looks like a typical local paper effort.

On 28/07/2019 at 09:22, Green Day said:

I will raise you a view from the crowd.........cheeky wee chants about HRH in there for good measure

*******eta********** she protected her account, shame as it was all in such good taste

Imagine paying money to be in that audience.

Imagine that was your actual life.

29 minutes ago, Busta Nut said:

I have seen a few clips online from that Rangers "play" that's on at the moment. Jesus wept.

Same.  Fat wankers chanting shite.  And that's just Grado.