What's the most "Tin Pot" thing you've seen in the SPFL

3 hours ago, PauloPerth said:

Has it been mentioned already that Aberdeen fans were prevented from doing their chosen display because the police mistakenly thought it had, wait for it, IRA connotations.

In a League Cup Final. At Celtic Park.

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/aberdeen-fans-baffled-police-scotland-3263138.amp

Seriously ?

Who sees a red and white design featuring a sunburst and thinks Irish terrorism before they think of Japanese militarist Imperial expansion?

3 hours ago, PauloPerth said:

Has it been mentioned already that Aberdeen fans were prevented from doing their chosen display because the police mistakenly thought it had, wait for it, IRA connotations.

In a League Cup Final. At Celtic Park.

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/aberdeen-fans-baffled-police-scotland-3263138.amp

Red Army Faction imo ..

8 hours ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

Óglaigh na hÉireann: is an Irish-language idiom that can be translated variously as soldiers of Ireland, warriors of Ireland, volunteers of Ireland or Irish volunteers.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Óglaigh_na_hÉireann

We're laughing and learning on this thread

Sad b*****ds.

1 hour ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

Seriously ?

Who sees a red and white design featuring a sunburst and thinks Irish terrorism before they think of Japanese militarist Imperial expansion?

TBPFWY I'm a fat b*****d and think of Tunnock's teacakes.

Edited by tamthebam

14 hours ago, Kapowzer said:

Tell you what's tin pot, Henriks Tongue looking to even the score with a downvote on something totally unrelated .... fucking shanner

14 hours ago, Self-raising Lazarus said:

I just got the same..... downvoting a rugby post I made yesterday. Someone's a bit upset 😂

Anyone who thinks supporting or sympathising with terrorists are munters, UVF IRA whoever it is.

But doing so after gunmen shot a man infront of his child at football training? Morons doesn't do them justice.

I was wondering why he didn't like something I posted on the Motherwell thread...

Those displays are both tinpot, but not a patch on the folk who pack multiple football tops to go on holiday wandering around Spain proudly showing off a wide range of (mostly) Rangers/Celtic tops, while coming from Inverness, Motherwell, Dundee etc. That and the folk from that video of the pub in Motherwell, who aside from the obvious, go to a pub wearing a football scarf, but not going to game... 😬😬

1 minute ago, Theyellowbox said:

That and the folk from that video of the pub in Motherwell, who aside from the obvious, go to a pub wearing a football scarf, but not going to game... 

There was a St Johnstone fan who lived around our way that came into the pub with his scarf still on after Hearts had lost in Perth telling us what a great game it was

Then someone noticed that he's arrived 45 minutes after full time and Perth is an hour away and his web of lies collapsed around him

He died recently. Nobody went to the funeral 

14 minutes ago, Theyellowbox said:

go to a pub wearing a football scarf, but not going to game... 😬😬

This was the weirdest part of that video for me.

People support who they support. Often brought up to support them, rightly or wrongly. For the right reasons or not.
I just found the scarf in the pub thing really strange. tried to justify it but I just couldn't.

I did see a Motherwell fan have a go at not "supporting yer local team" only to be bodied as he didn't come from Motherwell and hit out with all the excuses right out the OF handbook.

46 minutes ago, Busta Nut said:

This was the weirdest part of that video for me.

People support who they support. Often brought up to support them, rightly or wrongly. For the right reasons or not.
I just found the scarf in the pub thing really strange. tried to justify it but I just couldn't.

I did see a Motherwell fan have a go at not "supporting yer local team" only to be bodied as he didn't come from Motherwell and hit out with all the excuses right out the OF handbook.

Not really related since it's made up obviously (but it's bugged the shit of me since I watched it and this is the first time I've had a chance to moan about it) but the fact that the most hardcore fans of the team featured in that TED LASSO football comedy show watch every match from the pub rather than at the game was enough to get me to turn it off.

1 hour ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

There was a St Johnstone fan who lived around our way that came into the pub with his scarf still on after Hearts had lost in Perth telling us what a great game it was

Then someone noticed that he's arrived 45 minutes after full time and Perth is an hour away and his web of lies collapsed around him

He died recently. Nobody went to the funeral 

Ahhhhh look at all the lonely people 

2 hours ago, Stellaboz said:

Still in Tenerife and went past a pub called The Ibrox Bar. Ffs, bomb the island.

Was there about twenty years ago with some Norn Irish friends, they were in raptures as Andy Goram was in there drinking.