What's the most "Tin Pot" thing you've seen in the SPFL

1 hour ago, Leith Green said:

.............they only had "a small number" of games to go as well

Marvel Studios Reaction GIF by Disney+

How many was it that hearts had? I think there was a poster on here that had it as their username. 8 was it? With stendall in charge, hearts were doomed anyway. Pandemic or no pandemic. Credit where it’s due, they have bounced back from it. Stranraer were quite far off the pace as well. I don’t know if partick would have survived, but they were certainly in a better position than the other two were.

5 hours ago, buchan30 said:

How many was it that hearts had? I think there was a poster on here that had it as their username. 8 was it? With stendall in charge, hearts were doomed anyway. Pandemic or no pandemic. Credit where it’s due, they have bounced back from it. Stranraer were quite far off the pace as well. I don’t know if partick would have survived, but they were certainly in a better position than the other two were.

We were, comfortably, the worst team in the league. We had a game in hand over the 2nd bottom team against an ICT side we'd beaten well twice before. Some fans were talking as if these points were in the bag despite the fact that since those wins we'd simply gotten worse. Even if we had miraculously climbed up to 2nd bottom we would have been pumped in a playoff. We were complete and utter horseshit. The persecution narrative was nauseating and embarrassing. The fact that it's still being kept alive is the very definition of tinpot.

56 minutes ago, velo army said:

We were, comfortably, the worst team in the league. We had a game in hand over the 2nd bottom team against an ICT side we'd beaten well twice before. Some fans were talking as if these points were in the bag despite the fact that since those wins we'd simply gotten worse. Even if we had miraculously climbed up to 2nd bottom we would have been pumped in a playoff. We were complete and utter horseshit. The persecution narrative was nauseating and embarrassing. The fact that it's still being kept alive is the very definition of tinpot.

You seemed to toil for some of the season when you went down, then (from an outside point of view) bringing in Tiffoney seemed to turn the form around. Obviously there’s a bit more to it than that, but it seemed to be a factor.

On 01/02/2023 at 10:35, topcat(The most tip top) said:

I worked for public sector HR department once

Nobody gave me free tickets for the football

I once got some crappy company to do my broadband and I got two free tickets to see Kilmarnock.

On 14/02/2023 at 14:08, buchan30 said:

With stendall in charge, hearts were doomed anyway. Pandemic or no pandemic. Credit where it’s due, they have bounced back from it. 

We'll never know for sure, but we do know that the diddy Premiership clubs were falling over themselves to get us demoted. We went down, came back up and slapped all the diddies for their cheek.  ^_^

I really don't like the blazers that run our game, I really don't.  But for once in my life I had to agree with their approach when the pandemic hit.  I mean, what could they do?  A full blown pandemic hits the globe with no warning, national regulations mean remaining games can't be played, commercial interests meant the season couldn't be declared null and void - so what choice was there?  Decisions on promotion/relegation had to be made.  The only sensible approach was to take an objective statistical based approach using the evidence of the first 3/4 of the season already played - ie make the assessment on points achieved per game - and that's what they did.  OK, it wasn't perfect, and there would always be folk saying "aye but we could have won all of our remaining games" - all ifs and buts.

My team (QOS) got lucky, no question, we fell just on the right side of the line and Partick went down from the Championship - I felt a bit of a fraud as we were rank that season also and felt for the Thistle fans.  But for wee Budgie (with the Jags in tow) to get on her high horse over this and piss good money away on bloody lawyers was ridiculous - and no I'm not anti-Hearts (being Gorgie born and my dad/son both being Jambos).  I just couldn't see what else the blazers could have done in the circumstances.

1 hour ago, Mr. X said:

We'll never know for sure, but we do know that the diddy Premiership clubs were falling over themselves to get us demoted. We went down, came back up and slapped all the diddies for their cheek.  ^_^

Indeed

It's worth noting that thistle flag says "Never Forget" as opposed to "Never forgive"

Adopting a victim mentality may be appealing but you only have to look at the culture surrounding certain other clubs to see that it's not good for the soul

Sometimes you've got to rise above these petty iniquities and be the better people

Pin by Shaunna Hunter on Inspiration | Monday motivation, Greatful, Greater  than

Edited by topcat(The most tip top)