What's the most "Tin Pot" thing you've seen in the SPFL

2 hours ago, Alan_G said:

Looks like you probably can be punished

H10 only applies to League and play-off matches. 

H10 Each Club shall provide, maintain and use in such manner as to ensure its efficient and effective operation an adequate winter pitch protection system. Such systems shall be fully utilised by the Home Club before any League Match or Play-Off Match where there is a reasonable possibility of its pitch otherwise being frozen or covered in snow or ice so as to ensure that the League Match is able to take place at the venue and on the date and time scheduled notwithstanding such possibility.

https://spfl.co.uk/admin/filemanager/images/shares/pdfs/SPFL Rules and Regulations 14-Oct-22 (MASTER COPY) CLEAN.pdf#page104 p104

Edited by The Master

42 minutes ago, tamthebam said:

Dundee aren't the first club to pull this stunt though. There's a now Premiership club who never put their undersoil on when they were in the Seaside Leagues due to skintness

If your talking about  the sevco match against hearts then it's up there for ineptitude for a Scottish football ref (Madden iirc). I'm pretty sure he allowed the game to kick off as he thought the ice on the pitch would break up and it didn't so abandoned the match after about 5 mins. Its either safe to play on for a kick off or not ffs.

13 hours ago, gannonball said:

If your talking about  the sevco match against hearts then it's up there for ineptitude for a Scottish football ref (Madden iirc). I'm pretty sure he allowed the game to kick off as he thought the ice on the pitch would break up and it didn't so abandoned the match after about 5 mins. Its either safe to play on for a kick off or not ffs.

Aye, it was a ridiculous call. Particularly given that the weather had no signs of easing up. I never even made it into the ground before kick off the roads were that bad.

On 17/01/2023 at 18:36, tamthebam said:

Dundee aren't the first club to pull this stunt though. There's a now Premiership club who never put their undersoil on when they were in the Seaside Leagues due to skintness

When were Motherwell last in the seaside leagues? 

They had all manner of issues a few years back.

This was the pitch on a good day:

B50CF67A-2D17-40D4-B051-2AC6E48D4B47.thumb.jpeg.049dba59d8bcf9ae6ec7a8e0538147e7.jpeg

Edited by Molotov

1 minute ago, gannonball said:

He's not talking about Motherwell though I don't think?

Yeah. I gathered that. It was meant to be a bit of humour rather than the endless conversation surrounding the bigot brothers. 

Scottish fitba is not all about you two. 😝 

1 hour ago, RiG said:

Rangers supporters (again).

What is wrong with these people? Seriously.

I reckon folk would have their mental health questioned if this was anything other than Rangers/the Queen.

1 hour ago, Stellaboz said:

Infact,  only Motherwell (thanks to Falkirk!), Celtic and Aberdeen (thanks to Falkirk) have stayed in the top league as far as I can remember past 30 or so years.

FTFY... 😉

Motherwell were last in the 2nd tier in 1984/85.  

5 hours ago, Stellaboz said:

Infact,  only Motherwell, Celtic and Aberdeen (thanks to Falkirk) have stayed in the top league as far as I can remember past 30 or so years.

Which as I never tire of observing is a myth.

Motherwell in 2003 were spared thanks to Falkirk.