What's the most "Tin Pot" thing you've seen in the SPFL

On 13/12/2022 at 12:49, topcat(The most tip top) said:

Quite how they managed to acquire the real estate and brand for next to nothing is the far murkier question

No-one else wanted it!

The "supporters" didn't bid, either individually as millionaires or collectively as staunch loyal etc.

The real estate was only of immediate value to someone with a team to play and bring in the crowds. Otherwise, it could be demolished and redeveloped, but that was a long-term project, and a risky one. Not too much demand for high-end retail space and penthouse flats in funky downtown Govan. 

Don't forget the whole shebang had changed hands for  £1,  just a few months earlier.

12 minutes ago, Stag Nation said:

No-one else wanted it!

The "supporters" didn't bid, either individually as millionaires or collectively as staunch loyal etc.

The real estate was only of immediate value to someone with a team to play and bring in the crowds. Otherwise, it could be demolished and redeveloped, but that was a long-term project, and a risky one. Not too much demand for high-end retail space and penthouse flats in funky downtown Govan. 

Don't forget the whole shebang had changed hands for  £1,  just a few months earlier.

That was £1 with the debt. Duff and Phelps were only selling assets. But you’re right, no-one wanted them and it was land and scrap value only. 

On 20/12/2022 at 16:59, Alert Mongoose said:

It's probably not strictly tinpot but it is terrifying.

That guy still on the go? I dunno what that guy does for a living these days but he used to be quite high up in a bank about 10 years ago. He was doing all that shite then too I think but I only found out once he'd went elsewhere.

13 hours ago, Busta Nut said:

That guy still on the go? I dunno what that guy does for a living these days but he used to be quite high up in a bank about 10 years ago. He was doing all that shite then too I think but I only found out once he'd went elsewhere.

If Operation Yewtree aren't involved yet, they should be.

15 hours ago, Busta Nut said:

I think I read he took the huff he expected a free season ticket for his efforts, but got KB'd

2 hours ago, Zen Archer (Raconteur) said:

I think I read he took the huff he expected a free season ticket for his efforts, but got KB'd

2 hours ago, Alert Mongoose said:

Is there any explanation for the goose-stepping?

He was Führerious

Edited by Kapowzer