What's the most "Tin Pot" thing you've seen in the SPFL

3 hours ago, DG.Roma said:

Well said.

There's a Celtic supporters bus that picks up and drops off outside Palmerston Cafe in Dumfries, just round the corner from Palmerston Park, even when Queen of the South are at home. A disgusting sight.

Surely it’s a good thing as it means you don’t have to sit next to that sort of person  at QOTS games

13 hours ago, AJF said:

My point being though, his claim was that the evidence pointed to me being a bigot simply because I am a Rangers fan. Nothing else whatsoever other than the fact that the team I support has a sectarian element.

Yet when it’s pointed out his own team has a sectarian element he vehemently denies that it is in any way similar. Simply because of the scale? Why can’t I choose to support Rangers for the same reasons that he chooses to support Hearts?

You're a bigot collaborator, a Pie and Bovril Quisling.

13 hours ago, Dundee Hibernian said:

The 'rightfully' contradicts the part about "pushing teams aside that should have been given the chance of entering the SPFL from the vacancy of the place oldco Rangers left", and mind, the liquidation of the original club is still taking place.

Rightfully as in if they were to be given an SFL/SPFL spot, it should be starting in the bottom tier, no given a free pass into the top flight, or 2nd tier.

But yeah, they were still put to the front of the queue filling the spot the oldco Ranrgers left, and really should have had to wait behind whichever teams were already waiting on the opportunity to join the SFL/SPFL. 

Edited by LIVIFOREVER

18 hours ago, G_&_T said:

I'd say there is an alternative, in all fairness. Folk who support the Old Firm may simply be glory hunters.

Generally, I would agree with you. If folk feel so very strongly about the bigotry of the Old Firm then why not watch Thistle, Queen's Park, Pollok, etc...and that assumes they're actually from Glasgow?

Alternatively one can do what I do, and just pick a match and go and enjoy it. That way I get to see all the deciders, top-of-the-table clashes, relegation dog fights, etc. It's actually very enjoyable. :) 

I've done that a few times too, gone to random matches just to enjoy the occasion of a junior semi final, cup final, or just going to another team's game because Livi weren't playing, it never feels quite the same though, without the connection you have to the team you support year on year. Same as watching games on the telly in the Champions League, or Euros, World cup, you can enjoy the game but not in the same way you enjoy when the team you support plays.

The mediocrity and heartache you get the majority of the times supporting teams outside the erse cheeks just makes the good times so much more euphoric too.

39 minutes ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Rightfully as in if they were to be given an SFL/SPFL spot, it should be starting in the bottom tier, no given a free pass into the top flight, or 2nd tier.

But yeah, they were still put to the front of the queue filling the spot the oldco Ranrgers left, and really should have had to wait behind whichever teams were already waiting on the opportunity to join the SFL/SPFL. 

There wasn't a formal queue at the time. When a vacancy arose candidates just had to make their case on the grounds of things like facilities, potential market and ability to field a competitive team.

With all due respect to the likes of four time rejects Gala Fairydean the new company which had acquired Ibrox, the Rangers brand and was able to poach players from the top flight was the stand out candidate

Quite how they managed to acquire the real estate and brand for next to nothing is the far murkier question

19 hours ago, AJF said:

My point being though, his claim was that the evidence pointed to me being a bigot simply because I am a Rangers fan. Nothing else whatsoever other than the fact that the team I support has a sectarian element.

Yet when it’s pointed out his own team has a sectarian element he vehemently denies that it is in any way similar. Simply because of the scale? Why can’t I choose to support Rangers for the same reasons that he chooses to support Hearts?

That element being the equivalent of Hydrogen in the universe!

1 minute ago, Raidernation said:

That element being the equivalent of Hydrogen in the universe!

I don't think Hearts' sectarian issues are THAT big to be fair, mate.

Anyway, I'm kind of done with this now, and in general.

3 hours ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

There wasn't a formal queue at the time. When a vacancy arose candidates just had to make their case on the grounds of things like facilities, potential market and ability to field a competitive team.

With all due respect to the likes of four time rejects Gala Fairydean the new company which had acquired Ibrox, the Rangers brand and was able to poach players from the top flight was the stand out candidate

Quite how they managed to acquire the real estate and brand for next to nothing is the far murkier question

There were a few applied when Annan got Gretna's spot, were they even asked, or did Newco The Rangers just get automatically given it, then the likes of Cove & Edin City, had to wait till the Pyramid system was introduced?

1 hour ago, AJF said:

I don't think Hearts' sectarian issues are THAT big to be fair, mate.

Anyway, I'm kind of done with this now, and in general.

The difference between your club and Hearts is your club was built on the religious crap that goes with supporting them. Players that didn't even understand it like Terry Butcher sang along with the rest of them, and was later embarrassed looking back on it. The 90 minutes bigot patter some used to excuse it was pathetic too.

7 hours ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

There were a few applied when Annan got Gretna's spot, were they even asked, or did Newco The Rangers just get automatically given it, then the likes of Cove & Edin City, had to wait till the Pyramid system was introduced?

Spartans would likely have fancied a crack at the League and would have put in an application but even they saw that going up against the, shall we say, revived Rangers and their potential crowds of 40k was a non-starter.

1 minute ago, tamthebam said:

Spartans would likely have fancied a crack at the League and would have put in an application but even they saw that going up against the, shall we say, revived Rangers and their potential crowds of 40k was a non-starter.

Aye but they were threatening to boycott everyone that voted against them being given special treatment to start in the top flight, then 2nd tier. It was all hot air right enough but still, should've been taken into account, along with their financial collapse into liquidation under their former guise as Rangers. Btw what was their home crowd figures in the bottom tier, was it as high as 40K?

24 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

Well done. Who are you going to support, or are you just chucking it altogether?

I mean whole merry-go-round debate where people determine you're a bigot based on made up "evidence".