What's the most "Tin Pot" thing you've seen in the SPFL

3 minutes ago, AJF said:

You’re mental. The evidence you have of me being a bigot is the fact that I support a club that has a sectarian element to its support.

However, the fact that you support a team you have admitted has a sectarian element to it leads to a different conclusion?

You know absolutely nothing about me yet here you are declaring me a bigot. You’re absurd.

I know you choose to support Rangers.

Fly with crows, mate. You're basically owning up to being a bigot by your choice of team.

2 minutes ago, VincentGuerin said:

Fly with crows, mate. You're basically owning up to being a bigot by your choice of team.

That’s my point 😂 you just admitted Hearts have a sectarian element yet you choose to support them regardless. Fly with the crows eh.

7 minutes ago, VincentGuerin said:

I'd say there is an alternative, in all fairness. Folk who support the Old Firm may simply be glory hunters.

Generally, I would agree with you. If folk feel so very strongly about the bigotry of the Old Firm then why not watch Thistle, Queen's Park, Pollok, etc...and that assumes they're actually from Glasgow?

Alternatively one can do what I do, and just pick a match and go and enjoy it. That way I get to see all the deciders, top-of-the-table clashes, relegation dog fights, etc. It's actually very enjoyable. :) 

Edited by G_&_T

4 minutes ago, AJF said:

That’s my point 😂 you just admitted Hearts have a sectarian element yet you choose to support them regardless. Fly with the crows eh.

Of course we do. But you can be a Hearts supporter without experiencing it or having any part in it. I can go to a supporters' event and be fully confident it's not going to involve sectarianism and open wrong'unness. I can go on a supporters' bus and be confident of the same. I can be in a pub pre-match and know I'm surrounded by normal people.

We have a few wrong'uns, absolutely. The difference is the culture of your club is riddled with this pish. To argue the point is childishly stupid.

We all know what Rangers are.

If you tried to invent Rangers today, you'd never get away with it.

13 minutes ago, AJF said:

It's a question of scale. Hearts have some bigots, Rangers have tens of thousands, more if you count non-attending supporters. Hearts bigotry is not their raison d'etre. It was ingrained in the first Rangers and has been inherited by the second. Hearts financial misdemeanours are dwarved by Rangers who, despite professing loyalty, witheld their contributions to the state.

If Hearts went belly up tomorrow I wouldn't give a shite. If Rangers did again I will dance a merry jig.

Edited by Sergeant Wilson

2 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

It's a question of scale. Hearts have some bigots, Rangers have tens of thousands, more if you count non-attending supporters. Hearts bigotry is not their raison d'etre. It was ingrained in the first Rangers and has been inherited by the second. Hearts financial misdemeanours are dwarved by Rangers who, despite professing loyalty, witheld their contributions to the state.

If Hearts went belly up tomorrow I wouldn't give a shite. If Rangers did again I will dance a merry jig.

I don't like either club, but that's because of their domestic dominance, their contempt for the 'diddy clubs', their previous desire to move down south, the way they treat away fans and their extortionate prices. How many folk would care so much about them if they were as successful as Partick Thistle? It's the glory hunting that I really despise about these clubs, if I'm honest. It's the fact that when I've visited or passed their grounds, there are buses from Falkirk, Coatbridge (which apparently has > 6,000 Celtic season ticket holders) and even places like Aberdeen, Dundee and Edinburgh. Just support your local club. That's why I loathe them. 

23 minutes ago, G_&_T said:

I'd say there is an alternative, in all fairness. Folk who support the Old Firm may simply be glory hunters.

Generally, I would agree with you. If folk feel so very strongly about the bigotry of the Old Firm then why not watch Thistle, Queen's Park, Pollok, etc...and that assumes they're actually from Glasgow?

Alternatively one can do what I do, and just pick a match and go and enjoy it. That way I get to see all the deciders, top-of-the-table clashes, relegation dog fights, etc. It's actually very enjoyable. :) 

I loved the old Juniors. 95% full of twisted old blokes that gave up the old Rangers round about the time Derek Parlane left.Ibrox. 

5 minutes ago, G_&_T said:

I don't like either club, but that's because of their domestic dominance, their contempt for the 'diddy clubs', their previous desire to move down south, the way they treat away fans and their extortionate prices. How many folk would care so much about them if they were as successful as Partick Thistle? It's the glory hunting that I really despise about these clubs, if I'm honest. It's the fact that when I've visited or passed their grounds, there are buses from Falkirk, Coatbridge (which apparently has > 6,000 Celtic season ticket holders) and even places like Aberdeen, Dundee and Edinburgh. Just support your local club. That's why I loathe them. 

That's valid for Celtic, but there are more fundamental reasons to hate Rangers before you even reach that 

Supporters could have called a halt when the old cub went into liquidation. Consigned it to history and refused to support any new entity that didn't condemn their predecessors. Instead we get more of the same we are the people shite coming right from the top.

2 minutes ago, PossilYM said:

I loved the old Juniors. 95% full of twisted old blokes that gave up the old Rangers round about the time Derek Parlane left.Ibrox. 

Maybe that's what's needed, more bigoted junior teams to tempt the OF supporters away. I still think it's the success that attracts the fans, who then become bigots as it makes them uber-fans. 

6 minutes ago, G_&_T said:

Maybe that's what's needed, more bigoted junior teams to tempt the OF supporters away. I still think it's the success that attracts the fans, who then become bigots as it makes them uber-fans. 

Give me a shout if you find a Junior/non league club in the Central Belt that doesn't attract these guys.

It's like a caricature of Scottish society.

Ever been to a Junior Cup final at Rugby Park.

It's like a fire sale in old Sevco shirts.

1 hour ago, VincentGuerin said:

Of course we do. But you can be a Hearts supporter without experiencing it or having any part in it. I can go to a supporters' event and be fully confident it's not going to involve sectarianism and open wrong'unness. I can go on a supporters' bus and be confident of the same. I can be in a pub pre-match and know I'm surrounded by normal people.

We have a few wrong'uns, absolutely. The difference is the culture of your club is riddled with this pish. To argue the point is childishly stupid.

We all know what Rangers are.

If you tried to invent Rangers today, you'd never get away with it.

58 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

My point being though, his claim was that the evidence pointed to me being a bigot simply because I am a Rangers fan. Nothing else whatsoever other than the fact that the team I support has a sectarian element.

Yet when it’s pointed out his own team has a sectarian element he vehemently denies that it is in any way similar. Simply because of the scale? Why can’t I choose to support Rangers for the same reasons that he chooses to support Hearts?

50 minutes ago, G_&_T said:

It's the glory hunting that I really despise about these clubs, if I'm honest. It's the fact that when I've visited or passed their grounds, there are buses from Falkirk, Coatbridge (which apparently has > 6,000 Celtic season ticket holders) and even places like Aberdeen, Dundee and Edinburgh. Just support your local club. That's why I loathe them. 

Well said.

There's a Celtic supporters bus that picks up and drops off outside Palmerston Cafe in Dumfries, just round the corner from Palmerston Park, even when Queen of the South are at home. A disgusting sight.

48 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

That's valid for Celtic, but there are more fundamental reasons to hate Rangers before you even reach that 

Supporters could have called a halt when the old cub went into liquidation. Consigned it to history and refused to support any new entity that didn't condemn their predecessors. Instead we get more of the same we are the people shite coming right from the top.

I think watching a club play new sides and rise from the ashes would be an exciting prospect. When you're paying players in excess of £10k per week to play postmen and mechanics, you have to fancy your chances of winning. A winning team is attractive regardless of the league in which they play. Rangers fans were never going to boycott the club; on the contrary it's 'get it right up the SFA, and all those b*****ds who voted us down' mentality. 

4 minutes ago, DG.Roma said:

Well said.

There's a Celtic supporters bus that picks up and drops off outside Palmerston Cafe in Dumfries, just round the corner from Palmerston Park, even when Queen of the South are at home. A disgusting sight.

Aye, that would make me seethe if I was a QOTS supporter. That's why I despise them both with every fibre of my body. As I say, it's the glory hunting that's the most despicable thing about them, IMHO of course.

14 minutes ago, G_&_T said:

I think watching a club play new sides and rise from the ashes would be an exciting prospect. When you're paying players in excess of £10k per week to play postmen and mechanics, you have to fancy your chances of winning. A winning team is attractive regardless of the league in which they play. Rangers fans were never going to boycott the club; on the contrary it's 'get it right up the SFA, and all those b*****ds who voted us down' mentality. 

Aye, that would make me seethe if I was a QOTS supporter. That's why I despise them both with every fibre of my body. As I say, it's the glory hunting that's the most despicable thing about them, IMHO of course.

Nobody voted them down though, they went bust and started again as a newco The Rangers. They tried to start as a newco in the top flight, then when that failed the 2nd tier, but were rightfully told they'd have to start from the bottom tier. Them coming away with being voted down, or demoted to the bottom tier, is as much nonsense as them trying to tell everyone they're the same club and it was a company seperate from the club that went into liquidation.

In actual fact they were given a favour coming straight into the bottom tier, pushing teams aside that should have been given the chance of entering the SPFL from the vacancy of the place oldco Rangers left with their liquidation.

Edited by LIVIFOREVER

3 hours ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Nobody voted them down though, they went bust and started again as a newco The Rangers. They tried to start as a newco in the top flight, then when that failed the 2nd tier, but were rightfully told they'd have to start from the bottom tier. Them coming away with being voted down, or demoted to the bottom tier, is as much nonsense as them trying to tell everyone they're the same club and it was a company seperate from the club that went into liquidation.

In actual fact they were given a favour coming straight into the bottom tier, pushing teams aside that should have been given the chance of entering the SPFL from the vacancy of the place oldco Rangers left with their liquidation.

The 'rightfully' contradicts the part about "pushing teams aside that should have been given the chance of entering the SPFL from the vacancy of the place oldco Rangers left", and mind, the liquidation of the original club is still taking place.