What's the most "Tin Pot" thing you've seen in the SPFL

16 hours ago, PossilYM said:

One of a number of local folk scene talent of that age group who overlapped with vaguely lefty Scottish politics of the time period.

Best known would be Billy Connolly who went on to international fame.

Matt McGinn is another good example of that and someone I hold in dear regard. Oddly, I was never into Billy Connolly growing up but after getting into Matt and realising they were once pals I gave him a chance. Turns out he’s quite funny. 

4 minutes ago, Stylish Kid said:

On the topic of tin pot - does anyone else remember the cheerleaders that one of the red tops tried to make "a thing" round about the early-00s?

It was more than Tin-pot, it was fucking creepy given it was often school age girls doing it.

On the topic of tin pot - does anyone else remember the cheerleaders that one of the red tops tried to make "a thing" round about the early-00s?
I think I remember them freezing their arses off at a winter midweek game at Firhill against Dundee in season 2010-11.

29 minutes ago, Mr. Alli said:

Dundee had cheerleaders at Dens all through the 90's. The Dee-Lites. I'm sure it was a community run side hustle.

Strange looking back on it.

Aaah that rings a bell.  I'm totally on board with community based things! Or is your use of "side hustle" imply that the Marss Barrss were  at it? 🤨🤣

2 hours ago, Clown Job said:

Not exclusive to Aberdeen but football club poppy pins 

FCB431CE-0EF5-4477-80E0-C863AEFBDA26.jpeg

I know it’s not SPFL, but Hartlepools’ third choice kits the last few years blow any poppy related cringe out the water.

ETA: the 2018/19 effort:

65C94C22-323A-48D1-9A85-32D206602FF4.jpeg

Edited by gingermunkie