What's the most "Tin Pot" thing you've seen in the SPFL

10 points and 30 GD between 1st and 3rd after so few games is pretty tin pot. I don’t think there will be any other league in Europe that can boast a league table like that so early in the season.

Dumbarton were ten points clear of second after six games this season. If there's a similar example so close to home there'll surely be others throughout the 55 UEFA members.

7 minutes ago, DiegoDiego said:

Dumbarton were ten points clear of second after six games this season. If there's a similar example so close to home there'll surely be others throughout the 55 UEFA members.

Apologies - I meant top division in any country but given your example you are likely correct. 

Also, it’s been some collapse from Dumbarton if their GD was 30 better than 3rd after 6 games and now only 2 better.

13 hours ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Apologies - I meant top division in any country but given your example you are likely correct. 

Also, it’s been some collapse from Dumbarton if their GD was 30 better than 3rd after 6 games and now only 2 better.

+11 after 6 games wasn’t quite as dramatic as +30 after 10(unless hearts win today) but nonetheless “Some collapse” only begins to cover it 

they got beat 6-0 by Stirling Albion

Edited by topcat(The most tip top)

+11 after 6 games wasn’t quite as dramatic as +30 after 10(unless hearts win today) but nonetheless “Some collapse” only begins to cover it 
they got beat 6-0 by Stirling Albion

If you think we’ve collapsed in the last few games just watch us in the next few

On 15/10/2022 at 19:56, Grangemouth Bairn said:

10 points and 30 GD between 1st and 3rd after so few games is pretty tin pot. I don’t think there will be any other league in Europe that can boast a league table like that so early in the season.

41C8241C-28B9-4301-902E-3C7349ADB485.png

Does anyone other than fans of the 'duopoly' even pay attention to the stats at the top of the table. Genuinely think most folks look where there team is and just ignore anything above 3rd because its not tinpot but actually 'tiresome and repetitive'. Saying the performance of the other teams is 'tinpot' just supports the positions of the media and 'duopoly' clubs/fans where the fault of Scottish football is being passed onto all those who cannot compete financially rather than those who have created and exacerbated this scenario taking more ownership & responsibility.

What you have shown is a league where 5 teams are separated by 4 points and if two of those teams win the games in hand it could be 5 separated by only 2 points - now that's competitive and equally balanced...........on paper at least.

1 hour ago, bdu98196 said:

Does anyone other than fans of the 'duopoly' even pay attention to the stats at the top of the table. Genuinely think most folks look where there team is and just ignore anything above 3rd because its not tinpot but actually 'tiresome and repetitive'. Saying the performance of the other teams is 'tinpot' just supports the positions of the media and 'duopoly' clubs/fans where the fault of Scottish football is being passed onto all those who cannot compete financially rather than those who have created and exacerbated this scenario taking more ownership & responsibility.

What you have shown is a league where 5 teams are separated by 4 points and if two of those teams win the games in hand it could be 5 separated by only 2 points - now that's competitive and equally balanced...........on paper at least.

I’ve been well misinterpreted here. I don’t think the other teams are tin-pot, I just think it’s tragic what our league has become. I went to my first game in 1978 but it’s the 80’s where I really remember football from.

In the 80’s 4 clubs won the Premier League and if Hearts hadn’t shat it it would have been 5. It’s really sad that over the last 12 years it’s effectively a 1 horse race(I also appreciate there was an anomaly 1 season where Rangers won it).