What's the most "Tin Pot" thing you've seen in the SPFL

1 hour ago, Ron Aldo said:
1 hour ago, Bairnardo said:
In all seriousness, regarding the gulf in footballing class, I wonder if Celtic have considered getting touch with UEFA and seeing if they can increase the away allocations for Parkhead. That will level everything up in short order IMO.

Increasing away allocations and Celtic simply trying harder will reduce the gap in no time.

Wastecoats theory of relativity....

Result = Try + want²

It is amsuing that they (Celtic and sellic-minded ex-player cliche generators) are using all the same loser's patter as the diddies use when we get humped by the OF - "if we play against the other teams like we played in the first 20 minutes, we'll be fine", "you've got to take your chances at this level" and "we won't come up against that quality every week".

A European league setup where Celtic supporters got to hear that patter regularly would be an interesting thing to see - I would suspect that their tolerance for it would be far lower than a St Mirren or Dundee supporter and "the atmosphere was great!" probably wouldn't last halfway into the season.

Going off at a tangent while still remaining fully tinpot, in amongst all the usual non-Scottish flags waving at Parkhead, there was a new one on me last night - red, yellow and blue with some sort of wee red chevron thingy on the yellow band. Anyone any idea what that was? 

3 minutes ago, Bad Wolf said:

Going off at a tangent while still remaining fully tinpot, in amongst all the usual non-Scottish flags waving at Parkhead, there was a new one on me last night - red, yellow and blue with some sort of wee red chevron thingy on the yellow band. Anyone any idea what that was? 

Do you mean this one?

It’s the International Brigade

BCBB477A-3477-4B9D-A714-8195EEDD6F32.jpeg

10 minutes ago, Clown Job said:

Do you mean this one?

It’s the International Brigade

BCBB477A-3477-4B9D-A714-8195EEDD6F32.jpeg

The mopes ability to latch on to any political conflict no matter how historical is really impressive, in a peculiarly tragic way. 

I hope the pope never finds out that you're all anti catholic communists now. 

2 minutes ago, Clown Job said:

Sure thing buddy

I appreciate that the thought process was probably more:

Celtic are anti royal

Real Madrid is Royalist

Let's get an anti royal spanish thing because we're pure on the side of the oppressed. 

Absolute fuckwits, honestly. 

Just now, coprolite said:

I appreciate that the thought process was probably more:

Celtic are anti royal

Real Madrid is Royalist

Let's get an anti royal spanish thing because we're pure on the side of the oppressed. 

Absolute fuckwits, honestly. 

You’re just having an argument with yourself here mate 

42 minutes ago, Sherrif John Bunnell said:

Celtic Da's will be furiously retweeting a poorly cropped jpeg of that Modric quote for decades to come.

I'm not a huge fan of the much overused "Alexa.... Show me......."

But if Alexa does need a definition of "copium", then Celtic twitter responding to whoever tweets on behalf of Luka Modric absolutely is it. 

14 minutes ago, Clown Job said:

You’re just having an argument with yourself here mate 

I'd say he's pointing out how minterific it is for Celtic fans to bring a flag from the 1930s to a game against a Spanish team, in a desperate attention-seeking and virtue-signalling exercise.

10 minutes ago, VictorOnopko said:

I'd say he's pointing out how minterific it is for Celtic fans to bring a flag from the 1930s to a game against a Spanish team, in a desperate attention-seeking and virtue-signalling exercise.

You say that as if that’s the only game you see the flag 

It isn’t 

1 hour ago, Swello said:

It is amsuing that they (Celtic and sellic-minded ex-player cliche generators) are using all the same loser's patter as the diddies use when we get humped by the OF - "if we play against the other teams like we played in the first 20 minutes, we'll be fine", "you've got to take your chances at this level" and "we won't come up against that quality every week".

A European league setup where Celtic supporters got to hear that patter regularly would be an interesting thing to see - I would suspect that their tolerance for it would be far lower than a St Mirren or Dundee supporter and "the atmosphere was great!" probably wouldn't last halfway into the season.

It's been amusing me no end since yesterday evening.

This is basically any non-OF side v the Old Firm.

Came out swinging, had a wee pop with the home crowd behind them etc, but ultimately lost by 3 or 4 goals to a vastly superior side who could step it up whenever they wanted to, and ultimately did.

But the hype machine is all 'brave, brave BRRRAAAAAVVVEEE'. We never really hear about brave Ross County, or brave Hibs.

It's genuinely funny.

On 06/09/2022 at 07:51, johnnydun said:

8.15pm kick off times dictated by a TV channel nobody buys.

Both legs of our play-off final against Killie were 8.15 kick-offs, to be fair. So it’s not just diddy channels that do it.