What's the most "Tin Pot" thing you've seen in the SPFL

25 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Has Cormack not been pushing for different kick off times for a while? Pretty sure a game between Aberdeen and Dundee got moved to later in the evening last season.

Yeah he has been, and I think they have another Saturday night game planned this season against United.

On 02/09/2022 at 14:52, HibeeJibee said:

Is there some major event on in the north-east that afternoon?

Please tell me the police haven't seriously barred Aberdeen from playing at home the same day as Bonfire Night?

I expect it's away fans on the train they'd be worried about. Not without good reason. 

Hilarious and tin pot, watching aberdeen fans pitch invading after going one goal up against Ross County, in Dingwall.

The cherry on top being, the time added on to the match, to put the sheep back in their pen, was enough for County to score with the last kick to make it 1-1. County fans were able to contain themselves and stay within the stands though.

Just now, Sensible Soccer🏴 said:

Hilarious and tin pot, watching aberdeen fans pitch invading after going one goal up against Ross County, in Dingwall.

The cherry on top being, the time added on to the match, to put the sheep back in their pen, was enough for County to score with the last kick to make it 1-1. County fans were able to contain themselves and stay within the stands though.

Tipsy Young lads in getting over excited on an away trip shocker. Pitch invasion a little bit much but not sure why it’s annoyed you. 

6 minutes ago, Stag Nation said:

How does "Hilarious and tin pot" suggest he was "annoyed"?

Ok, if he can (honestly) confirm when we scored an 88th minute apparent winner he was standing laughing his tits off at the Aberdeen fans then I’ll retract. 

Edit - I said 88th minute ‘winner’ then remembered we didn’t win 😞

Edited by Dons_1988

3 hours ago, Dons_1988 said:

Ok, if he can (honestly) confirm when we scored an 88th minute apparent winner he was standing laughing his tits off at the Aberdeen fans then I’ll retract. 

Edit - I said 88th minute ‘winner’ then remembered we didn’t win 😞

I'm happy to confirm that I spent a lot of time laughing at aberdeen yesterday, the fans pitch invasion was  especially tin pot and hilarious🤣

1 minute ago, Sensible Soccer🏴 said:

I'm happy to confirm that I spent a lot of time laughing at aberdeen yesterday, the fans pitch invasion was  especially tin pot and hilarious🤣

Cool, I retract my previous comment. 

You have outed yourself as a bit odd though. 

3 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

Cool, I retract my previous comment. 

You have outed yourself as a bit odd though. 

But surely I get extra credits for being able to watch my team score a goal without running onto the pitch like a fanny. 

The shout of "get the sheep 🐑 back in their pen" was particularly funny 🤣

County scoring in the extra time added, to allow the police and Stewards to clear the sheep was just a cherry on top, thanks again for the laughs😂

12 minutes ago, Sensible Soccer🏴 said:

But surely I get extra credits for being able to watch my team score a goal without running onto the pitch like a fanny. 

The shout of "get the sheep 🐑 back in their pen" was particularly funny 🤣

County scoring in the extra time added, to allow the police and Stewards to clear the sheep was just a cherry on top, thanks again for the laughs😂

I mean, aye we look a bit daft celebrating a goal that doesn’t end up being the winner and fair enough a bit of schadenfreude. All fine. But celebrating goals is one of footballs great joys man, don’t be such a complete melt. 

Albeit, it’s hard for us to come back from ‘get the sheep back in their pen’. That is top stuff. 

TBF I would rather a few fans ran onto the pitch to celebrate a goal than have their phones out filming. Nothing Tin Pot about it at all, it just shows imo, that Scottish football fans care more about the actual result and the club more than other leagues in neighbouring countries. Plus it was away from home, and we all know away days are better for getting carried away.

As long as it doesn't endanger any player, I'm all for it.

13 minutes ago, Sensible Soccer🏴 said:

We all celebrate goals, we certainly did, I'm assuming that you weren't one of the fans on the pitch as imo it's a pretty tin pot thing to do.

I wasn’t there. I would love to have had a day out at the game but I was at home watching a stream. When we scored I had to mute my celebration so not to wake my young daughter up from her afternoon nap. 

Id defend the right of any young guy to lose the run of themselves a bit at a late goal at the football. As long as they’re not violent or bigoted or whatever then what’s the harm. These are great scenes which a few took a little too far. Who cares man. 

57 minutes ago, Sensible Soccer🏴 said:

We all celebrate goals, we certainly did, I'm assuming that you weren't one of the fans on the pitch as imo it's a pretty tin pot thing to do.

No it isnt, its always been part of the game - just look at the joy on these wee scamps faces

image.thumb.png.b08d3a8f1f5f0e00a6aeaf87e66d3738.png

9 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Almost all pitch invasions these days are just folk copying a fad. It's not 'spontaneous' or anything of the sort. It's a trend.

Are you suggesting that they are organised?

And it is hence just a happy coincidence that they commence immediately after a goal is scored in - say - the 90th minute? 

3 minutes ago, Leith Green said:

Are you suggesting that they are organised?

And it is hence just a happy coincidence that they commence immediately after a goal is scored in - say - the 90th minute? 

Not organised, but there are some fans who will have decided before the game that they'll be on the pitch if a goal is scored.

Plenty of last minute winners have gone in without pitch invasions previously. It's only because it's now a fad that folk do it. They also do it for run of the mill goals at any other time of games.