What's the most "Tin Pot" thing you've seen in the SPFL

3 hours ago, Lionsof67 said:

St. Mirren asking for £30 donations from their fans to keep their stadium empty against the champions and zombies.

Not tin pot at all. As with all bigot fans you're leaving out the story behind it. Wonder why all you bigot fans do that?*

*Obviously I don't actually wonder. We all know exactly why the bigots do this.

3 hours ago, Lionsof67 said:

St. Mirren asking for £30 donations from their fans to keep their stadium empty against the champions and zombies.

Thanks to Celtgers windfall in the “champions” league, clubs won’t need to rely on fans to pay to keep them out.

Win win.

4 hours ago, Lionsof67 said:

I think it's being used to pay for kids and people on low incomes to get tickets. 

On 27/08/2022 at 10:07, bennett said:

I think it's being used to pay for kids and people on low incomes to get tickets. 

Correct. 

The club also announced today that every primary school in Renfrewshire is to receive 4 season tickets.

Another example of the club trying to increase the fanbase.

19 hours ago, Sherrif John Bunnell said:

IMG_20220830_125619.thumb.jpg.1d634b42a8ebba4434999481dcab04fa.jpg

What's tin pot about a club trying to increase their revenue? It doesn't clash with their fixture and, in fact, might even encourage locally based OF supporters and neutrals to stay and take in the Elgin game. There's nothing tin pot about clever marketing

13 hours ago, Cptn Hooch said:

What's tin pot about a club trying to increase their revenue? It doesn't clash with their fixture and, in fact, might even encourage locally based OF supporters and neutrals to stay and take in the Elgin game. There's nothing tin pot about clever marketing

I disagree.

Don't market your football club by referring to those b*****ds.  Clubs should have more pride.

Revenue doesn't trump everything else, but to read much of P&B, you'd think it does. 

25 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

I disagree.

Don't market your football club by referring to those b*****ds.  Clubs should have more pride.

Revenue doesn't trump everything else, but to read much of P&B, you'd think it does. 

a more sympathetic interpretation is possible 

It’s a truth almost universally acknowledged that Elginites* who watch the old firm on the telly should ideally be watching Elgin city live instead …

… but trying to persuade them to watch Elgin City live as well as the old firm on the telly  is a step in the right direction 

maybe some of them will come back for the Albion Rovers game the following weekend. Maybe not but it’s worth a try

* is Elginites  the right word?

16 minutes ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

a more sympathetic interpretation is possible 

It’s a truth almost universally acknowledged that Elginites* who watch the old firm on the telly should ideally be watching Elgin city live instead …

… but trying to persuade them to watch Elgin City live as well as the old firm on the telly  is a step in the right direction 

maybe some of them will come back for the Albion Rovers game the following weekend. Maybe not but it’s worth a try

* is Elginites  the right word?

Is it?

Is it worth debasing yourself with OF badges on a club publication in this way?  I'm not so sure.

24 minutes ago, YassinMoutaouakil said:

I can see why it'd be a riddy if it was a top flight or Greater Glasgow team advertising it, but Elgin are two hundred miles and 3 divisions away from the OF. It's not really any different from showing Man United-Liverpool or something. 

It would also be pretty tinpot to advertise the showing of EPL games like they were the main attraction IMO.    A generic statement that the club bar plays live matches before KO is fine.  But selling another clubs games is a bit much.

8 hours ago, YassinMoutaouakil said:

I can see why it'd be a riddy if it was a top flight or Greater Glasgow team advertising it, but Elgin are two hundred miles and 3 divisions away from the OF. It's not really any different from showing Man United-Liverpool or something. 

I'm sure no one has a problem with Elgin City showing any match that is live on the TV before their match kicks off, the problem for me is the blatant advertising of the event, which makes it seem more important than Elgin's own match.

9 hours ago, YassinMoutaouakil said:

I'll have to think twice now before I go to North End to watch the Old Firm in Saturday.

Edited by Mr. Alli