What's the most "Tin Pot" thing you've seen in the SPFL

I find BBC, Sky, BT et al’s desperate attempts to be seen as politically correct, by employing 50% female commentators and analysts on all male sports tinpot. Far from empowering women, it comes across as patronising and a huge turn off. I know that I will be accused of masogyny, but I personally cringe when listening to some of these so called experts and commentators ruining football, golf, cricket etc for the sake of equality

14 minutes ago, CambieBud said:

I find BBC, Sky, BT et al’s desperate attempts to be seen as politically correct, by employing 50% female commentators and analysts on all male sports tinpot. Far from empowering women, it comes across as patronising and a huge turn off. I know that I will be accused of masogyny, but I personally cringe when listening to some of these so called experts and commentators ruining football, golf, cricket etc for the sake of equality

All woke snowflake lefty loonies IMO

17 minutes ago, CambieBud said:

I won't hear a bad word said about Henni Zuel...........

Hibs putting out their Stats statement today after being miffed at the criticism they've been getting over their late equaliser.

a sports data business with a talented team that is tireless in its collection and analysis of the world's most comprehensive sports data.

1 hour ago, LiviLion said:

Scraping past a team with a much smaller budget than yours and still being raging about them is probably the closest thing to tinpot that's happening here, but that sums up those two horrible little clubs weekly.

I am raging about this, I cannot lie

2 hours ago, CambieBud said:

If incompetent pundits and commentators were to be ruled out due to their sex, no bloke would ever be allowed to pick up a microphone again.

2 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

If incompetent pundits and commentators were to be ruled out due to their sex, no bloke would ever be allowed to pick up a microphone again.

Not sure this is true but if the choice of criteria is between having a balance of male/female and ‘having ever kicked a ball for the OF so they’ll do’ then I know what I’d choose. 

5 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

Not sure this is true but if the choice of criteria is between having a balance of male/female and ‘having ever kicked a ball for the OF so they’ll do’ then I know what I’d choose. 

I think the whole male/female thing with punditry has a lot to do with the sport itself and how familiar or otherwise we are with females in the role.

In sports where there's greater parity of esteem between the sexes, like tennis or athletics, we barely notice who's commentating in such terms.  In football though, it's still a bit novel, and for some apparently, jarring.

3 minutes ago, Empty It said:

Still don't understand people moaning about women pundits as they "don't have enough knowledge of the sport", have you seen half the c***s they have as pundits? They barely have a grasp of the English language never mind the sport.

Just what I was thinking. It's not the gender of the pundits it's the quality that's the problem. I mean Alex Rae and Steve McManaman. It just seems like director with no knowledge of football has picked someone who fits their stereotype kickball supporter.

1 hour ago, Stellaboz said:

Years ago at Livingston. They had a corner and over the tannoy, they play some kind of cavelry horn as some sort of hideous attempt to jee up some atmosphere.

I guess it's a tinpot thing I've heard rather than seen, but still. 

Seen the opposite, where they try to put a team off.

We had Clyde away in the Challenge Cup Semi and were 2-0 down but pulled one back through an og. Thereafter their tannoy chose to do the "Bing Bong" thing and make announcements whenever we broke up the park in search of an equaliser. This mysteriously stopped when they scored a 3rd.

2 hours ago, Stellaboz said:

Years ago at Livingston. They had a corner and over the tannoy, they play some kind of cavelry horn as some sort of hideous attempt to jee up some atmosphere.

I guess it's a tinpot thing I've heard rather than seen, but still. 

Pretty sure Motherwell did this for a while too. Going back quite a while.

2 hours ago, LiviLion said:

All woke snowflake lefty loonies IMO

Haha. This is exactly the problem with the 21st Century in sport. Professional male sport has always and will always be primarily aimed at a male audience. Women’s football is an entirely different game and unless I am wrong, is being aimed at a different audience. No problem with any of that. Nothing to do with leftie wokeness, Livilion. Personally I have never watched a women’s football match. I have no issue at all with Sky pouring vast sums into that sport, as it has a growing interest among young girls. Good for them. 
I don’t understand why there has to be a gender crossover when there is no comparison between the games. 
Before using the boring wokeness line, maybe you suggest that professional football teams should have a quota of female players? Or should male and female teams compete against each other? 
Many suggest that ex old firm players slavering away about their ex clubs are dreadful examples and you are right. But at least ex players have an understanding of the game they are talking about. 

20 minutes ago, CambieBud said:

Haha. This is exactly the problem with the 21st Century in sport. Professional male sport has always and will always be primarily aimed at a male audience. Women’s football is an entirely different game and unless I am wrong, is being aimed at a different audience. No problem with any of that. Nothing to do with leftie wokeness, Livilion. Personally I have never watched a women’s football match. I have no issue at all with Sky pouring vast sums into that sport, as it has a growing interest among young girls. Good for them. 
I don’t understand why there has to be a gender crossover when there is no comparison between the games. 
Before using the boring wokeness line, maybe you suggest that professional football teams should have a quota of female players? Or should male and female teams compete against each other? 
Many suggest that ex old firm players slavering away about their ex clubs are dreadful examples and you are right. But at least ex players have an understanding of the game they are talking about. 

What about when Martina Navratilova comments on a shot by Nadal, or when Jessica Ennis offers a bit on a male athlete's form?

Now neither of these, even in their respective primes could compete with male counterparts.  Genuine question:  Does this annoy you too, or is it somehow different?

1 hour ago, CambieBud said:

It is literally the exact same sport, don't get a much better comparison than that.