What's the most "Tin Pot" thing you've seen in the SPFL

18 hours ago, HK Hibee said:

The use of “inferring “ suggests that he didn’t call him a clown but instead did something that suggested it. Trying to think what it could be - best idea is he mimed someone walking with big clown shoes

No, it means that he just reached the conclusion that the ref is a clown.

A booking therefore sounds harsh.

9 hours ago, Crawford Bridge said:

I'm delighted it has ruined your day.

image.png.2c0abdec1907156e6a371457b8271c0b.png.43548b05dd4bb47fbae2506727e1cefb.png

Not ruined my day one little bit. You keep on celebrating your high point of the season.

3 minutes ago, johnnydun said:

I love seeing and especially hearing in this clip a last minute equaliser from the opposition point of view...

Brilliant.

There are a few Hearts videos like this for goals against Hibs.

I always wonder who the poor souls who record them and decide to upload them are.

For me, DELETE DELETE DELETE.

22 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

Sure there was a bit of controversy at the time but in the 08 season when Hamilton and ourselves were battling for the league, the Hamilton players surrounded the ref after he'd given a goal for Morton (?) or someone else against them, they surrounded the ref and shouted at him until he changed his mind. Maybe a Hamilton fan can shed more light on it.

It was on 29/12/07.

We scored a late equaliser, with the ball having come off big Templeman's shoulder. Referee and linesman gave the goal. Hamilton players complained about handball and essentially asked the officials to have a think about it. Whilst the game was waiting to re-start, the goal was then disallowed. Our management went nuts and were sent to the stand. Jim McInally even phoned Real Radio later on.

There's details on this site - about half way down the page, the aftermath above it as the posts are in reverse order.

http://greenockmortonfc.blogspot.com/search?updated-max=2007-10-31T18:17:00%2B01:00&max-results=8&start=24&by-date=false

Edit - Here's the BBC coverage.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/scot_div_1/7068152.stm

Edited by AyrshireTon

2 hours ago, johnnydun said:

I love seeing and especially hearing in this clip a last minute equaliser from the opposition point of view...

Particularly loved the DABs booing the Dundee fans invading the pitch 😆

Just been directed to this site which is written by a guy called Ron Delnevo (I am sure I have seen some of his stuff on twitter, or maybe here?).

Obviously I was drawn to the "objective assessment" of yesterdays match, but when you go into the older articles, there are some absolute stunners - enjoy !

https://scottishfootballmatters.org/

Surprised not to see a comment on the efforts of the Motherwell Bois on Saturday

They spent 5 minutes pre game trying to work out how to unfurl a banner, it had to be seen to be believed.

Then the stop the game in the second half for few minutes, throwing items onto the pitch, in part causing the 6 minutes of injury time in which Saints got the winner.

D76F3BE1-5711-4F76-8EFF-36398285D8F7.jpeg

I'm all for these groups when the cause the atmosphere to improve in the grounds but half the stuff they moan about they bring on themselves. 

22 hours ago, Empty It said:

Nothing tinpot about celebrating a last minute winner especially when it's a derby, I'd be going mental if it was the other way about.

It wasn't a winner.

3 hours ago, realmadrid said:

Surprised not to see a comment on the efforts of the Motherwell Bois on Saturday

They spent 5 minutes pre game trying to work out how to unfurl a banner, it had to be seen to be believed.

Then the stop the game in the second half for few minutes, throwing items onto the pitch, in part causing the 6 minutes of injury time in which Saints got the winner.

D76F3BE1-5711-4F76-8EFF-36398285D8F7.jpeg

I'm all for these groups when the cause the atmosphere to improve in the grounds but half the stuff they moan about they bring on themselves. 

Protesting it’s a right of the fans. If they believe they were treated harshly by people then protest is necessary. 

The protests against our friendly in Sydney with Celtic were absolutely necessary and worked because they were effective.

Scottish football fans of all clubs need to stand up for themselves. 

32 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

I am also very smart and think that football fans should do a cost-benefit analysis before deciding to celebrate their team scoring.

Yes, very clever, but the point stands.

Wildly celebrating goals and victories that happen repetitively and have an air of inevitability about them, is a contrived nonsense.

2 hours ago, GroundHoppingBear said:

Protesting it’s a right of the fans. If they believe they were treated harshly by people then protest is necessary. 

The protests against our friendly in Sydney with Celtic were absolutely necessary and worked because they were effective.

Scottish football fans of all clubs need to stand up for themselves. 

What are your thoughts on Rangers fans refusing to stand up for themselves and allowing their club to die?