What's the most "Tin Pot" thing you've seen in the SPFL

21 minutes ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

Beaton is 40 and started reffing at the age of 19 which scarily means he's had strangers telling him he's a useless arsehole for most of his life. 

Rather than suspending him being a punishment it would probably be doing him a favour.

There's a fun Zadie Smith essay about Justin Bieber and what his experience of life must be like. It's in a book I borrowed from a friend last month. Very enjoyable.

Everywhere he goes people are pleased to see him and are nice to him and give him whatever he wants and go out of their way to please him. He must think the world is such a nice, smiley, happy place where people are all really lovely.

Imagine how different John Beaton's experience of humanity must be? Twenty-one years of being called a useless c**t, threatened, having his parentage questioned, having grown men booooooo at him.

He must think the world is awful. Never mind a suspension, he must be looking forward to the sweet relief of death.

1 hour ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

A problem with mentally disabled people is that it's sometimes hard to tell the difference between them and people who are just idiots.

And if you guess wrong in either direction it's really embarrassing.

Aye, I prefer the ones in wheelchairs, you know where you are with them.

1 hour ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

Beaton is 40 and started reffing at the age of 19 which scarily means he's had strangers telling him he's a useless arsehole for most of his life. 

Rather than suspending him being a punishment it would probably be doing him a favour

He’s been refereeing that long and he is still incompetent?

FFS.

3 hours ago, VincentGuerin said:

I doubt very much that Beaton is enough of an idiot to go out of his way to deliberately pick out a disabled fan to give abuse to. Career suicide and just a fucking bizarre thing to do.

If he called him an arsehole, given the abuse refs take in the normal course of things, then he must have been acting like a total walloper.

Yeah this is where I am. 

Im finding it hard to believe that, not only did a referee of over 20 years experience react so badly to a bit of fairly benign abuse that he decided to walk over to the crowd to give it back, but that he consciously decided that because it was the disabled section they were fair game. 

There's a fun Zadie Smith essay about Justin Bieber and what his experience of life must be like. It's in a book I borrowed from a friend last month. Very enjoyable.
Everywhere he goes people are pleased to see him and are nice to him and give him whatever he wants and go out of their way to please him. He must think the world is such a nice, smiley, happy place where people are all really lovely.
Imagine how different John Beaton's experience of humanity must be? Twenty-one years of being called a useless c**t, threatened, having his parentage questioned, having grown men booooooo at him.
He must think the world is awful. Never mind a suspension, he must be looking forward to the sweet relief of death.
A bit like the 30 Rock episodes with Jon Hamm.

Referees should dish out abuse more often in my opinion. Especially to players. Rather than booking them for foul and abusive language just tell the c**t to shut up and f**k off.

2 hours ago, AJF said:

Referees should dish out abuse more often in my opinion. Especially to players. Rather than booking them for foul and abusive language just tell the c**t to shut up and f**k off.

I've long held the belief that when players/managers criticise referees in post match interviews, the ref should have a right of reply.

Imagine the utter joy of watching a referee say something along the lines of "Aye, well he picked that useless c**t Smith at left back" or "Maybe if he hadn't missed those three sitters, the throw in I got wrong in the 3rd minute wouldn't have been an issue"

7 minutes ago, Mark Connolly said:

I've long held the belief that when players/managers criticise referees in post match interviews, the ref should have a right of reply.

Imagine the utter joy of watching a referee say something along the lines of "Aye, well he picked that useless c**t Smith at left back" or "Maybe if he hadn't missed those three sitters, the throw in I got wrong in the 3rd minute wouldn't have been an issue"

dont know if i'd take joy in hearing a referee say he didn't give a penalty because the manager picked a diddy at left back...perhaps if it went against certain teams

13 minutes ago, Mark Connolly said:

What petition do I sign for this?

5 minutes ago, Cptn Hooch said:

dont know if i'd take joy in hearing a referee say he didn't give a penalty because the manager picked a diddy at left back...perhaps if it went against certain teams

Tbf next time Martindale asks about a possible penalty* the ref would just shrug it off since "none of those useless c***s can score their penalties anyway"

*Blames the referee for our pumping

Edited by LiviLion

On 04/08/2022 at 09:54, AJF said:

100% for this.

On 04/08/2022 at 12:13, Mark Connolly said:

Also absolutely behind this. Would love a referee demand a manager phone him to apologise.

1 hour ago, sergie's no1 fan said:

Whilst its not the most tinpot of actions, Morton deserve a mention again. 

Screenshot_20220806-132521_Twitter.jpg

We've stopped making programmes too. We now release a magazine every 3 months. 

6 minutes ago, Lyle Lanley said:

We've stopped making programmes too. We now release a magazine every 3 months. 

Tinpot 😘 😋.

Surprised more clubs haven't went digital with them by now but you've got the old school fans and collectors that buy them.

Obviously not enough for Morton to make it worthwhile.

8 hours ago, GNU_Linux said:

The use of “inferring “ suggests that he didn’t call him a clown but instead did something that suggested it. Trying to think what it could be - best idea is he mimed someone walking with big clown shoes

14 hours ago, sergie's no1 fan said:

Tinpot 😘 😋.

Surprised more clubs haven't went digital with them by now but you've got the old school fans and collectors that buy them.

Obviously not enough for Morton to make it worthwhile.

Stunned programs still exist, tbh. But glad to hear they do.

2 hours ago, HK Hibee said:

The use of “inferring “ suggests that he didn’t call him a clown but instead did something that suggested it. Trying to think what it could be - best idea is he mimed someone walking with big clown shoes

In American sports slang, "putting a clown suit" on someone is severely out-coaching them or blowing them out as to make them look like fools. Such as, "Aberdeen boss Jim Goodwin put a clown suit on Stephen Robinson during the Dons 4-1 win over the buddies."

6 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

Forget your goal line technology, forget your VAR, putting a mic on the ref is the way forward. 

They actually did this for a game in the late 80s or early 90s (can't mind when). Was Arsenal against someone.

It was rather eye opening. The abuse the ref took was something else. He had to have a word with Tony Adams about it.