Jump to content

What's the most "Tin Pot" thing you've seen in the SPFL


Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Jinky67 said:

It’s a lament to the family of a guy who dies after a failed robbery not Billy Bigelow himself.

It’s a small point but an important one 😉

Wrong. 
In the second act of the musical, Nettie Fowler, the cousin of the protagonist Julie Jordan, sings "You'll Never Walk Alone" to comfort and encourage Julie when her husband, Billy Bigelow, the male lead, stabs himself with a knife whilst trying to run away after attempting a robbery with his mate Jigger and dies in her arms. 

So typically Scousers and Celtic fans latch on to this. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

image.png.97533310cf0fbbcfc9c500c1afa3ba8f.png


Paywall free sauce


Brian Graham says Partick Thistle were fired up to beat Dundee after being “shafted by them” in the lockdown email furore.


At the start of the pandemic, the Dark Blues’ vote on whether to end the 2019/20 season early got stuck in the SPFL’s spam folder and left managing director John Nelms with the deciding vote.


Ultimately the Dens Park supremo changed his initial vote in an attempt to bring through league reconstruction, which has not come to pass.


In doing so, the teams in bottom spot in each division were relegated and saw Partick head to League One.


Graham was at Firhill back then and says that was very much in the mind of the players heading to Dundee – and it showed as they raced into a 3-0 lead before seeing the game out 3-2.


“There has been a lot of history between these two clubs,” the former Dundee United man said.


“Obviously we were fired up because we were shafted by them a couple of years ago. Elephants don’t forget.


“Obviously there was the fiasco the other day when they got our name wrong with the tickets as well.


“So it was easy to come up here and be motivated and I thought we did that. The game plan was excellent and we stuck to it.


“The boys who have been here since it happened don’t forget and it was always in the back of our minds.


“The gaffer didn’t say anything but we as players knew what it meant to the fans.


“We knew they wanted a good victory today.”


‘I will never forget it’


He added: “I am a family man with two kids. I got relegated and my wages cut.


It hurt me financially so I will never forget it to the day I die and it still bugs me now.


“It should never have happened but it did and we have fought back as a club. The only way is up now.


“We wanted to come here and win. We knew Dundee were favourites for the league, we wanted to pick up three points and we have done that.


“The fans were brilliant and never stopped singing. I think they enjoyed that and they deserved it.”

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

If you google Partick Thistle two of the common questions are "What religion is Partick Thistle?" and "Are Partick Thistle catholic?".

Wtf has any of that got to do with a football team.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

John Beaton getting reported to the SFA for calling a disabled Livingston supporter an 'arsehole' and telling him to 'f**k off' during our final game of the season :D 

Edited by ATLIS
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Clown Job said:

I love how waving an Irish or Palestine flags really gets under the skin of others 

Unrelated. What a lovely big saltire on display 

Probably the biggest one you’ll see in a Scottish ground 

 

I used to wave the Cornwall flag at Edinburgh City games

Get it up you, Devon!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 hours ago, Kapowzer said:

There are more senses than just sight and hearing though ..... Let's see if I can trigger touch(y)

image.png.29f36322e5749eb2052a54a0c49f45b7.png

Were you one of the Well fans singing to Sligo fans "you only sing in the chapel"?

Stuff like that also stinks!

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

29 minutes ago, tamthebam said:

I used to wave the Cornwall flag at Edinburgh City games

Get it up you, Devon!

There’s someone whose  car has  a Cornish flag that lives  round the corner from our house and my Devonian wife is always criticising the standard of their parking as well as their shit pasties, back to front cream teas and ugly  scenery 

Cornwall seemed alright to me but I’m an incurable romantic so piss off you gap toothed, inbred, wreckers 

Edited by topcat(The most tip top)
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, SuperSaints1877 said:

Wrong. 
In the second act of the musical, Nettie Fowler, the cousin of the protagonist Julie Jordan, sings "You'll Never Walk Alone" to comfort and encourage Julie when her husband, Billy Bigelow, the male lead, stabs himself with a knife whilst trying to run away after attempting a robbery with his mate Jigger and dies in her arms. 

So typically Scousers and Celtic fans latch on to this. 

Yep we are a supportive bunch always looking to pick up those who are struggling. 

Well played you for recognising that 🙌

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, Eder said:

Were you one of the Well fans singing to Sligo fans "you only sing in the chapel"?

Stuff like that also stinks!

 

No that was shite patter from wee boys. Just like how I'm sure you would not want to be tarred with all the shite the GB get up to.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, ATLIS said:

John Beaton getting reported to the SFA for calling a disabled Livingston supporter an 'arsehole' and telling him to 'f**k off' during our final game of the season :D 


That does sound very tinpot on behalf of Livingston and/or whoever reported him.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, craigkillie said:


That does sound very tinpot on behalf of Livingston and/or whoever reported him.

Apparently it was the disabled fan that did so

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, ATLIS said:

Apparently it was the disabled fan that did so

Not sure why being disabled is relevant here but it sounds like this fan is someone who gave out abuse and cried to a steward/police when he got called an arsehole back. Tinpot indeed. 

Unless you’re going to tell me Beaton called the guy an arsehole unprovoked? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, Dons_1988 said:

Not sure why being disabled is relevant here but it sounds like this fan is someone who gave out abuse and cried to a steward/police when he got called an arsehole back. Tinpot indeed. 

Unless you’re going to tell me Beaton called the guy an arsehole unprovoked? 

It’s relevant because (if it’s the guy I think it is, can’t tell from a Facebook profile) the guy is also mentally disabled and based on seeing him over 10 years or so he can’t control half the shit he comes out with.

 

He’s loud, fair enough but what he says is no different from what you’d hear from an average fan in the stands. Why it matters is because Beaton has gone out of his way to go over to the disabled shelter and directly make the comments - he wouldn’t do that to a regular fan in the stands. He’s went out and picked an easy target, a mentally and physically disabled fan.

Edited by ATLIS
Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 minutes ago, ATLIS said:

It’s relevant because (if it’s the guy I think it is, can’t tell from a Facebook profile) the guy is also mentally disabled and based on seeing him over 10 years or so he can’t control half the shit he comes out with.

 

He’s loud, fair enough but what he says is no different from what you’d hear from an average fan in the stands. Why it matters is because Beaton has gone out of his way to go over to the disabled shelter and directly make the comments - he wouldn’t do that to a regular fan in the stands. He’s went out and picked an easy target, a mentally and physically disabled fan.

A problem with mentally disabled people is that it's sometimes hard to tell the difference between them and people who are just idiots.

And if you guess wrong in either direction it's really embarrassing.


 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

A problem with mentally disabled people is that it's sometimes hard to tell the difference between them and people who are just idiots.

And if you guess wrong in either direction it's really embarrassing.


 

 

Yeah you’re pretty spot on there. I could be getting the guy all wrong but he’s sat down from me for a long time. A lot of our staff and players warming up chat with him and humour him, but based on a lot of his shouts I’d make the guess one way. 
 

I don’t think Beaton would walk up to the side of the pitch and call any fan in the stands an arsehole or tell them to f**k off. It’s more so about how he went about it, and how he choose someone to pick out 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, ATLIS said:

Yeah you’re pretty spot on there. I could be getting the guy all wrong but he’s sat down from me for a long time. A lot of our staff and players warming up chat with him and humour him, but based on a lot of his shouts I’d make the guess one way. 

It's a very difficult question to ask someone politely. And it gets more difficult the longer you've known them
 

Edited by topcat(The most tip top)
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, ATLIS said:

It’s relevant because (if it’s the guy I think it is, can’t tell from a Facebook profile) the guy is also mentally disabled and based on seeing him over 10 years or so he can’t control half the shit he comes out with.

 

He’s loud, fair enough but what he says is no different from what you’d hear from an average fan in the stands. Why it matters is because Beaton has gone out of his way to go over to the disabled shelter and directly make the comments - he wouldn’t do that to a regular fan in the stands. He’s went out and picked an easy target, a mentally and physically disabled fan.

I doubt very much that Beaton is enough of an idiot to go out of his way to deliberately pick out a disabled fan to give abuse to. Career suicide and just a fucking bizarre thing to do.

If he called him an arsehole, given the abuse refs take in the normal course of things, then he must have been acting like a total walloper.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...