What's the most "Tin Pot" thing you've seen in the SPFL

3 hours ago, Jinky67 said:

Football teams/fans knicking other teams songs shocker 😱

I always thought it was from a musical long before adopted by Liverpool or anyone else for that matter but i suppose that’s another discussion

Just to confuse things Man Utd have long claimed to have sung it first in tribute to the players who died in the Munich disaster and it was Liverpool who nicked it off them.

58 minutes ago, santheman said:

Just to confuse things Man Utd have long claimed to have sung it first in tribute to the players who died in the Munich disaster and it was Liverpool who nicked it off them.

I'm sure there were Celtic fans on here not too long ago claiming that they were the first to sing it.

1 hour ago, Empty It said:

I'm sure there were Celtic fans on here not too long ago claiming that they were the first to sing it.

May not have sung it first but we certainly do the better version.  At least the bhoys that sing and take the scarfs do.  I usually just watch but maybe the most iconic sight in Scottish football a full Celtic Park in full technicolor.

25 minutes ago, Eder said:

May not have sung it first but we certainly do the better version.  At least the bhoys that sing and take the scarfs do.  I usually just watch but maybe the most iconic sight in Scottish football a full Celtic Park in full technicolor.

There are more senses than just sight and hearing though ..... Let's see if I can trigger touch(y)

image.png.29f36322e5749eb2052a54a0c49f45b7.png

32 minutes ago, Eder said:

The good thing about the use of the word "iconic" is that you know you can safely ignore all the other words around it because they're drivel. 

7 hours ago, Eder said:

Nothing more iconic than a stadium full of glory seeking bigots waving another countries flag singing a song robbed from another club.

7 hours ago, Eder said:

A tin pot claim in the tin pot thread from a tin pot observer of others doing their tin pot version of a song that was tin pot in the first place.

10 hours ago, Eder said:

See the source image

10 hours ago, Empty It said:

Nothing more iconic than a stadium full of glory seeking bigots waving another countries flag singing a song robbed from another club.

A couple of inaccuracies to clear up firstly is we tend to hold up scarfs during the song and not wave flags 

Secondly the song wasn’t written by anyone connected to Liverpool or their fans. Even old blue eyes himself had recorded a version of it way before Gerry and the Pacemakers so no robbery has taken place 😉

Edited by Jinky67

Just now, Jinky67 said:

A couple of inaccuracies to clear up firstly is we tend to hold up scarfs during the song and not wave flags.

Secondly the song wasn’t written by anyone connected to Liverpool or their fans. Even old blue eyes himself had recorded a version of it way before Gerry and the Pacemakers so no robbery has taken place. 👍

I love how waving an Irish or Palestine flags really gets under the skin of others 

Unrelated. What a lovely big saltire on display 

Probably the biggest one you’ll see in a Scottish ground