What's the most "Tin Pot" thing you've seen in the SPFL

17 minutes ago, MacDonald Jardine said:

Except when it is as pointed out earlier  

I can think of a number of times it's been the first or second game of the season,  as it happens mainly at Tynecastle. 

I also don't remember him being greatly concerned about clubs at home making nothing off a crowd last Boxing Day. 

Of course that didn't affect Hibs in his tiny mind so wouldn't contravene whatever principle he thinks he's standing up for.

So because it’s just happened as normal or before we shouldn’t question the logic behind it because it doesn’t effect the club you support?  I don’t agree with Gordon, I’ve said in the posts before I don’t but I can see his logic and we should all be part of the league that helps other sides make as much revenue as possible.

Again, why is it never Celtic v Rangers first game of the season? What’s the logic behind them being kept apart next week for instance?  No European games, nada but we all know it’s never going to happen. Why not? 

6 minutes ago, Hoose Rice said:

So because it’s just happened as normal or before we shouldn’t question the logic behind it because it doesn’t effect the club you support?  I don’t agree with Gordon, I’ve said in the posts before I don’t but I can see his logic and we should all be part of the league that helps other sides make as much revenue as possible.

Again, why is it never Celtic v Rangers first game of the season? What’s the logic behind them being kept apart next week for instance?  No European games, nada but we all know it’s never going to happen. Why not? 

The perfect way to start the season imo.

1 minute ago, Hoose Rice said:

So if that’s the case why does it and never ever happened?  Has nobody ever questioned it? 

Why were these questions not asked 5 weeks ago when fixtures were published?

TBH smacks of pure deflection from Ron after your league cup debacle

9 minutes ago, pansjambo said:

Why were these questions not asked 5 weeks ago when fixtures were published?

TBH smacks of pure deflection from Ron after your league cup debacle

Already said he was asked the question will the team be ready for hearts, got the question incorrect and went into a rant.  I don’t agree with him and probably is deflection but he has got a point and that is what people are missing.  

Has anyone got the legitimate answer on why Celtic Rangers has never been the first game of the season? 

Edited by Hoose Rice

5 minutes ago, Hoose Rice said:

Has anyone got the legitimate answer on why Celtic Rangers has never been the first game of the season? 

Probably because one or the other has lifted the title the previous season so it becomes a flag day match and they'll be worried about it being a shameful event. 

2 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Probably because one or the other has lifted the title the previous season so it becomes a flag day match and they'll be worried about it being a shameful event. 

That probably as close to the truth as you're ever going to get

4 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

It'll also be "catastrophic" for any loser to thier main rival.

32 minutes ago, Hoose Rice said:

It does affect the club I support,  or would if we had the early season bounce in crowds Hibs have in Gordonworld.

I don't disagree we should be maximising crowds as far as possible but someone has to have a big game in the first two weeks. 

4 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Allowances are made because their support can’t behave themselves then?  That’s automatically unfair to the rest of the leagues teams - for example we wouldn’t have both Glasgow clubs on maximum points from day one if they had to play against each other and give other clubs a more competitive game to do so.  It would also mean tv companies not got wasting two TV games in one weekend meaning a blackout for another important game or derby at the away ground one of the clubs was sent to.  

It’s right to question these decisions instead of going oh well it’s always been the same. 

12 minutes ago, Hoose Rice said:

Already said he was asked the question will the team be ready for hearts, got the question incorrect and went into a rant.  I don’t agree with him and probably is deflection but he has got a point and that is what people are missing.  

Is that not covered by Craigkillie's earlier bit about not scheduling 2 teams in Europe? 

The hobs chairman's only point was to change the subject and try to get fans onside. 

Just now, coprolite said:

Is that not covered by Craigkillie's earlier bit about not scheduling 2 teams in Europe? 

The hobs chairman's only point was to change the subject and try to get fans onside. 

There’s none of the Glasgow teams playing in Europe this week or next.  Why couldn’t they schedule them in for Saturday or Sunday? 

3 minutes ago, MacDonald Jardine said:

It does affect the club I support,  or would if we had the early season bounce in crowds Hibs have in Gordonworld.

I don't disagree we should be maximising crowds as far as possible but someone has to have a big game in the first two weeks. 

Just never Rangers v Celtic which as I’ve said imo is extremely unfair on the rest of the teams. 

1 minute ago, Hoose Rice said:

Allowances are made because their support can’t behave themselves then?  That’s automatically unfair to the rest of the leagues teams - for example we wouldn’t have both Glasgow clubs on maximum points from day one if they had to play against each other and give other clubs a more competitive game to do so.  It would also mean tv companies not got wasting two TV games in one weekend meaning a blackout for another important game or derby at the away ground one of the clubs was sent to.  

It’s right to question these decisions instead of going oh well it’s always been the same. 

They can't play each other on a date where one or the other can win the title after the split for exactly the same reason. 

I'm not defending it in any way. 

They just can't be trusted to behave on those type of occasions so no one wants to take the risk. 

3 minutes ago, Hoose Rice said:

I presume Ron can implement all these changes for the greater good now he's an SPFL board member. 

1 minute ago, aberdeen1970 said:

They can't play each other on a date where one or the other can win the title after the split for exactly the same reason. 

I'm not defending it in any way. 

They just can't be trusted to behave on those type of occasions so no one wants to take the risk. 

It’s pretty farcical then eh?  Winning the league I can almost understand but oh no, not a flag unveiling- that should make the runners up more determined to win the league back the season there.