What's the most "Tin Pot" thing you've seen in the SPFL

7 minutes ago, Albus Bulbasaur said:

That's fair enough for you to decide you're okay with using sectarian language. 

The rules of the forum are quite clear on the matter and it can be filed in the same bracket as people that are defiant and proud to go to "the chin**** or the pa** shop"

Animated GIF

Oh sweet jesus......................

1 hour ago, Albus Bulbasaur said:

It's sectarian not racist. 

Maybe I can go to court and complain about you red dotting me for posting the story?

Its about as logical as what that red faced gammon spangle is doing........................

2 minutes ago, coprolite said:

It's not sectarian and no it's not. 

It's a nickname for Rangers and their fans. It's not intended kindly. 

As a nominally protestant Scot from a family with strong masonic ties, it would be a bit weird for me to be prejudiced against "my own". 

The legislation is botched and leads to results that are counter to natural justice, like this nonsense. 

It is.

Yeah you can use it how you see fit. It doesn't take away the fact it's a sectarian slur. Much in the same way a black man saying the "n" word doesn't make it okay for non black people to say it. 

If you post it and circumvent the filters you will receive warning points and bans as the rules state.

Language evolves and I'm sure some people say it "innocently" much in the same way some Rangers fans would demand that the "f" word means celtc fans and not catholics. 

That's all I'm saying on the matter if you've got any issues with the moderators interpretation of the word you can take the discussion up with them. 

9 minutes ago, Albus Bulbasaur said:

It is.

Yeah you can use it how you see fit. It doesn't take away the fact it's a sectarian slur. Much in the same way a black man saying the "n" word doesn't make it okay for non black people to say it. 

If you post it and circumvent the filters you will receive warning points and bans as the rules state.

Language evolves and I'm sure some people say it "innocently" much in the same way some Rangers fans would demand that the "f" word means celtc fans and not catholics. 

That's all I'm saying on the matter if you've got any issues with the moderators interpretation of the word you can take the discussion up with them. 

I have no issue with the mods. They have to make sure the forum content stays legal. 

It's the law and the pathetic mewling of the outraged order that's wrong. 

The vast majority of Old Firm fans haven't seen the inside of a church in decades. These slurs are about football rather than religion.

I'm probably as protestant as most Sevco fans (my parents are Church of Scotland members but I'm an atheist) but I highly doubt I'll ever be called a ***, because I'm not a Sevco supporter.

1 hour ago, DiegoDiego said:

The vast majority of Old Firm fans haven't seen the inside of a church in decades. These slurs are about football rather than religion.

I'm probably as protestant as most Sevco fans (my parents are Church of Scotland members but I'm an atheist) but I highly doubt I'll ever be called a ***, because I'm not a Sevco supporter.

I think people are being naive or wilfully ignorant when they say it’s a football problem 

Me personally has suffered abuse for my religion and perceived cultural background from individuals all over Scotland that’s had nothing to do with fans of Old Firm or football

59 minutes ago, DiegoDiego said:

Or a German, or an central Asian nomadic tribesman. Which is to do with race and not religion.

I wonder if the irony that it is only deemed sectarian when describing Sevco fans is lost on them. Next it'll be deemed sectarian calling them zombies.

1 hour ago, DiegoDiego said:

I highly doubt I'll ever be called a ***, because I'm not a Sevco supporter

.......is the right answer.

The establishment allowed **** to have their own wee legal definition of a "sectarian slur" merely to even up everything those morons have thrown at Roman Catholics over the years.

Its the absolute worst example of whataboutery, and allows these fuds to point to this daft wee word any time we hear 40000 of them singing about catholics.

2 minutes ago, Clown Job said:

I think people are being naive or wilfully ignorant when they say it’s a football problem 

Me personally has suffered abuse for my religion and perceived cultural background from individuals all over Scotland that’s had nothing to do with fans of Old Firm or football

I've never been asked my religion from anyone in my life other than Celtic or Sevco fans, never. West coast especially, my daughter even got asked her religion and what football team she supported when in Glasgow at a party. She holds no religious beliefs, and was taken aback by the question, she hasn't encountered that anywhere else she's been.

7 minutes ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

I've never been asked my religion from anyone in my life other than Celtic or Sevco fans, never. West coast especially, my daughter even got asked her religion and what football team she supported when in Glasgow at a party. She holds no religious beliefs, and was taken aback by the question, she hasn't encountered that anywhere else she's been.

In the last 12 months Ross County apologised for the behaviour of its fans with anti catholic slurs caught on camera, and we seen a video of Hearts fans before the cup final giving it similar chanting 

The “it’s a west coast problem” is a total myth. It’s a Scottish problem 

7 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

It's always Celtic or Rangers fans that try to say, 'but, but, but...'

Is Clown Job not magee too? 

Mental folk believe any "stories" that he's claiming happened to him.

3 hours ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Or a German, or an central Asian nomadic tribesman. Which is to do with race and not religion.

I wonder if the irony that it is only deemed sectarian when describing Sevco fans is lost on them. Next it'll be deemed sectarian calling them zombies.

It's modern figurative use comes from the depiction by Roman writers of Attila's horde as belligerent, bellicose, violent barbarians and enemies of decent civilized people. 

It's invariably abusive but it's only sectarian if it's used in sectarian abuse (Basically if a Celtic fan says it)

If I use it then it's best interpreted as sneering metropolitan towards backwards provincial who I consider to be my moral and cultural inferiors.

But that, while not sectarian, isn't a very admirable sentiment either so I try to avoid it.

3 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Is Clown Job not magee too? 

Mental folk believe any "stories" that he's claiming happened to him.

So I’m just lying now? 

lol, very good.

Whatever it take to keep the delusion I suppose, and no I’m not anyone else on here 

Edit: Plenty of people with a similar background to me will have stories similar to mine

Its not exactly uncommon sadly 

Edited by Clown Job

Like a lot of other words it was once acceptable and innocuous but the way language evolves and times change most people don't use it now and accept that it's now evolved and rightly considered a sectarian term. 

The people going out of their way to defiantly use it come across as edge lords. It's really not that hard to regulate your vocabulary to not use hate speech.

"Cant even sing ba ba black sheep" for this pish...

Edited by Albus Bulbasaur