What's the most "Tin Pot" thing you've seen in the SPFL

1 hour ago, Kapowzer said:

Genuine questions for all the currant buns. Why is Hankook not taped up when you've got Tomket on your sleeves? I thought you'd set a precedent?

image.thumb.png.c3b3310cca16f43372727acbf8492f28.png

Presumably because UEFA don't have a rule that states clubs are not obliged to comply with various advertising if to do so would result in that club being in breach of a prior contractual obligation, which is the SPFL rule that Rangers are using to avoid displaying the cinch branding.

The biggest take from this picture is that we've all of a sudden rolled out the green respect logo after we were told we were petty and only displayed the blue one last week...

Edited by AJF

14 minutes ago, AJF said:

Presumably because UEFA don't have a rule that states clubs are not obliged to comply with various advertising if to do so would result in that club being in breach of a prior contractual obligation, which is the SPFL rule that Rangers are using to avoid displaying the cinch branding.

The biggest take from this picture is that we've all of a sudden rolled out the green respect logo after we were told we were petty and only displayed the blue one last week...

Do those contractual obligations extend to no display on shirts, official websites or list or sponsors anywhere before the furore? What about discussing naming rights of the stadium months before with the same company now cited as "branda non grata"? ... That sort of shit?

I mean everyone else thinks your chairman's ego couldn't handle them walking away from a deal and then getting a fraction of what you were going to get through league sponsorship, so like the BBC you act all gallus until UEFA rock into town and you roll over like little bitches.

15 minutes ago, Kapowzer said:

Do those contractual obligations extend to no display on shirts, official websites or list or sponsors anywhere before the furore? What about discussing naming rights of the stadium months before with the same company now cited as "branda non grata"? ... That sort of shit?

I mean everyone else thinks your chairman's ego couldn't handle them walking away from a deal and then getting a fraction of what you were going to get through league sponsorship, so like the BBC you act all gallus until UEFA rock into town and you roll over like little bitches.

I've no idea about all of that, I imagine it wall all come out in the wash through arbitration or court proceedings. I was simply answering your "genuine" question.

48 minutes ago, AJF said:

Uefa rules here

https://documents.uefa.com/r/Regulations-of-the-UEFA-Europa-League-2021/22/Article-59-Other-team-equipment-Online

they confirm your presumption, that there is no get out clause for conflict. 

UEFA demand exclusivity on lots of things. 

Which does beg the question of how this doesn’t breach your “pre-existing” contract. 

6 minutes ago, invergowrie arab said:

I love that AJF constantly admits he has no idea what's going on a range of subjects but defends Rangers to the hilt anyway. Its endearing. 

I certainly don't want my presumption of the difference between the two to be seen as a defence of Rangers. I've grown to believe the whole fiasco is as tin pot as it comes.

Edited by AJF

1 hour ago, Brian Graham’s Lovely Hair said:

They’ll still have the presentation but they’ll get the masking tape out beforehand. 

"Well Giovanni, the cinch Scottish Premiership was a titanic title race. As you were battling for the cinch Scottish Premiership did you actually think that "Rangers" would actually "clinch the cinch", or the cinch Scottish Premiership as it should be called? You must be so proud to be champions of the cinch Scottish Premiership, and as holders of the cinch Scottish Premiership will you be looking to go deep in Europe next year, while defending the cinch Scottish Premiership?" 

1 hour ago, Brian Graham’s Lovely Hair said:

They’ll still have the presentation but they’ll get the masking tape out beforehand. 

Jimmy Bells job.  Wonder if they could get in Bob Malcolm FTP in to replace him or some other cretin like Alex Rae?

7 minutes ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

"Well Giovanni, the cinch Scottish Premiership was a titanic title race. As you were battling for the cinch Scottish Premiership did you actually think that "Rangers" would actually "clinch the cinch", or the cinch Scottish Premiership as it should be called? You must be so proud to be champions of the cinch Scottish Premiership, and as holders of the cinch Scottish Premiership will you be looking to go deep in Europe next year, while defending the cinch Scottish Premiership?" 

For as much as I don't like any of the arse cheeks it would be incredible when Celtc win it Ange gets interviewed:

"So Ange, you must be delighted in what the club as achieved it in such a short period of time, despite being eliminated out of three European competitions in one season?"

"Of course, we haven't just won the league mate, we've only gone and Cinched it."

:lol: 

12 minutes ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

Interview by Chris McLaughlin