What's the most "Tin Pot" thing you've seen in the SPFL

On 06/02/2022 at 18:44, Theroadlesstravelled said:

A handful of games?

Still more than @The_Kincardine

Given that my period of watching live football was concentrated in the mid 60s to early 90s I could easily argue that I've seen more 'Scotland Greats' than most posters on here...

Celtic and Rangers only giving OF derby away fans 900 tickets is tinpot. Once one of the great football derbies of the world, no more. Atmosphere is pish. Don’t understand why they don’t give each side 3000 odd tickets each. It doesn’t have to be 7000 odd like it used to be. Celtic have the away corner that can easily house 3000 fans, like they do on European nights, and Rangers could give away fans the top tier of the Broomloan. Before anyone says the top tier wouldn’t work, it seems to work fine for Newcastle vs Sunderland.

Rangers could give away fans the top tier of the Broomloan. Before anyone says the top tier wouldn’t work, it seems to work fine for Newcastle vs Sunderland.

I think you underestimate the amount of scumbags in both OF support if you think they can be trusted to sit one above the other

I think you underestimate the amount of scumbags in both OF support if you think they can be trusted to sit one above the other

I don’t think so. Newcastle and Sunderland’s fans are pretty much just as bad, it’s one of the fiercest derbies there is. There was that Newcastle fan who punched a horse a couple of years back ffs. With a a line of police/stewards along the bottom of the tier I’m sure it would be okay. Either that or house home fans in the top tier and away in the bottom, seeing as away fans are normally a bit more boisterous.

I don’t think so. Newcastle and Sunderland’s fans are pretty much just as bad, it’s one of the fiercest derbies there is. There was that Newcastle fan who punched a horse a couple of years back ffs. With a a line of police/stewards along the bottom of the tier I’m sure it would be okay. Either that or house home fans in the top tier and away in the bottom, seeing as away fans are normally a bit more boisterous.
If they weren't throwing things over the edge at each other I'd be astounded, they feel no hesitation throwing stuff at players.

1 hour ago, jamamafegan said:

Celtic and Rangers only giving OF derby away fans 900 tickets is tinpot. Once one of the great football derbies of the world, no more. Atmosphere is pish. Don’t understand why they don’t give each side 3000 odd tickets each. It doesn’t have to be 7000 odd like it used to be. Celtic have the away corner that can easily house 3000 fans, like they do on European nights, and Rangers could give away fans the top tier of the Broomloan. Before anyone says the top tier wouldn’t work, it seems to work fine for Newcastle vs Sunderland.

Agreed. At Tannadice, Dundee Fans get around 3,500 tickets for the derby with United keeping 10,000. That creates a real atmosphere.

it doesn't matter how loudly the home fans sing if there's no response coming from the away end.

2 minutes ago, ArabFC said:

Agreed. At Tannadice, Dundee Fans get around 3,500 tickets for the derby with United keeping 10,000. That creates a real atmosphere.

it doesn't matter how loudly the home fans sing if there's no response coming from the away end.

Honestly didn't realise you were getting those sort of crowds for the Dundee derby. Kudos, that's decent.