Jump to content

What's the most "Tin Pot" thing you've seen in the SPFL


Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, AJF said:

Are you saying they don't chant it? Or are you getting at something else?

 

If you were a halibut and the Hibees were, collectively, a 14-oz swim-tail jig, you'd have been devoured by now. 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, AJF said:

Are you saying they don't chant it? Or are you getting at something else?

Are you still talking about the "we are the people" chant?

If that was the question, the answer is no - it has never been chanted by Hibs fans.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, Leith Green said:

Are you still talking about the "we are the people" chant?

If that was the question, the answer is no - it has never been chanted by Hibs fans.

I think you may be mistaken. I’ve been in attendance at various Rangers vs Hibs matches where the Hibs support have definitely chanted it.

Edit: found this on YouTube. Not conclusive, but enough for me to convince myself I wasn’t hearing things

 

Edited by AJF
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, AJF said:

I think you may be mistaken. I’ve been in attendance at various Rangers vs Hibs matches where the Hibs support have definitely chanted it.

Edit: found this on YouTube. Not conclusive, but enough for me to convince myself I wasn’t hearing things

 

I suspect if you heard it at from away fans at Ibrox the visitors were taking the piss

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

I suspect if you heard it at from away fans at Ibrox the visitors were taking the piss

No, I’ve heard it Easter Road when playing there on more than one occasion. Haven’t heard it from them at Ibrox that I can remember.

If it’s a chant reserved for when they play us, then fair enough.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, AJF said:

No, I’ve heard it Easter Road when playing there on more than one occasion. Haven’t heard it from them at Ibrox that I can remember.

If it’s a chant reserved for when they play us, then fair enough.

 

Comedy Central Thank You GIF by The Jim Jefferies Show

"It's chanted by Hibs fans to rile the Sevco fans, both at Easter road and Ibrox, and thoroughly achieves its ambition every time" ...is the correct answer. 

Edited by The Other Foot
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, The Other Foot said:

 

Comedy Central Thank You GIF by The Jim Jefferies Show

Football clubs often have similar/the same songs or chants. If I hear Hibs fans chanting it at various matches vs Rangers, without attending any other Hibs matches to use as comparison, how am I meant to know it’s reserved for us only 😂

At least I know now I wasn’t making it up like I was led to believe.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Rangers fan in discrimination case claims following team 'philosophical belief'

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/rangers-fan-launches-discrimination-case-25318888#ICID=Android_DailyRecordNewsApp_AppShare

"No one like us and we care enough to start legal proceedings"
Massive can't say yer British without getting thrown in the jail vibes.
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Tinpot league with tinpot officials trying to ensure their favourite club gets a crack at that champions League money by hook or by crook.

Finances must be catastrophic when your business plan revolves around selling players and going deep in europe to make up for over investment in playing staff. Funny when no one buys and champions League carrot is under jeopardy due to having a team that can't take pressure. Step forward the Rangers supporting referees to try and save the new clubs blushes.

Special season as it could be the beginning of the end for the new club. Like EBT Walter's tax dodgers v kaunus (hearts reserves) followed up by Scotland's best paid gardener Ally's mob v Malmö when it all blows up in their faces.

 

 

 

 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Cptn Hooch said:

Rangers fan in discrimination case claims following team 'philosophical belief'

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/rangers-fan-launches-discrimination-case-25318888#ICID=Android_DailyRecordNewsApp_AppShare

"No one like us and we care enough to start legal proceedings"

Mr McClung, thought to be from Falkirk, brings claims of religion and philosophical belief discrimination relating to his support of Rangers and his protestant faith.
 

How did they know he was either one of these? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

25 minutes ago, Clown Job said:

Mr McClung, thought to be from Falkirk, brings claims of religion and philosophical belief discrimination relating to his support of Rangers and his protestant faith.
 

How did they know he was either one of these? 

I'm guessing he is fat and bald with a beetroot face 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, lionel wickson said:

Never seen or heard Easter Road being called "Hibernian Park" before. 

Hibernian Park was the home ground of the original club (Hibernians), but this was long after they had folded and been replaced by Hibs. Not quite sure why Easter Road has been referred to is this way. Maybe an old colloquial name for their home, that had lingered? Honestly don’t know.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, lionel wickson said:

Never seen or heard Easter Road being called "Hibernian Park" before. 

In fact, it was your own team who were the last to play Hibs at Hibernian Park:

 

D7B61D9C-A5E3-4A03-9F6F-4D9AF1B20C55.png

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, lionel wickson said:

We'd put 8 past another Hibernian (Smithston) in the previous round. Just a shame we ended up losing to Hearts in the final! 😭

Not that much of a shame, in my opinion. 😄

Joking aside, I’m glad you asked me that question earlier, was interesting reading up on it, as was your info. 👍

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...