What's the most "Tin Pot" thing you've seen in the SPFL

It’s just a pity that the broadcasters involved , BT in this case and the BBC don’t take more of a stand against them. Instead these broadcasters seem to be prepared to allow them to discriminate against certain individuals without much , if any , protest.  BBC Radio Scotland , in particular, come across as being very weak by still devoting as much airtime and discussions to them , despite being treated like shit by them. Personally , I think the BBC would be justified in keeping the reporting on all Rangers games , not just those at Ibrox, to the bare minimum ......the scoreline and nothing more. 

1 hour ago, AJF said:

So that's where I ask the question, as Rangers never took that action, do you think there was a genuine belief that Lennon and Sutton would be set upon?

I think it's a bit of both. They used it as an excuse, but also it is genuinely the case that Lennon (less so Sutton) might not be safe in and around Ibrox. This is the same support that tried to send him a bomb. If he was able to be attacked by Hearts fans whilst on the side of the pitch at Tynecastle (the most protected part of the ground), there must be some reasonable chance that it could happen a club with an even more feral and twisted element to their fanbase.

29 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

I think it's a bit of both. They used it as an excuse

So, based on this statement alone then, is my original opinion on the matter (copy below) all that unreasonable, considering that is what seems to have sparked this whole back and forth?

20 hours ago, AJF said:

I very much doubt the actual reason they aren’t being let in has anything to do with potential fan behaviour given it’s never been an issue in the past.

I suspect it’s more to do with the movement towards making life difficult for pundits or media to access Ibrox who the club feel have been unfavourable towards us.

An equally bad look though, agreed. 

More to the point @Jacky1990.  If a few bad apples….  Stop laughing, were indeed to shout a few nasty bigoted things at Lennon.  UEFA might pick that up.  As been shown in the past at this very ground they have no qualms in ordering sections of the ground shut.

Perhaps they’d go a step further this time.  

But it’s hardly likely that Rangers would release a statement saying.  Our fans are bigoted morons and if he comes they’ll shout that at him.  

42 minutes ago, Jacky1990 said:

Edit: Just had a thought, and this is what I actually believe is behind this. Rangers were aware that a large element of their support would shout horrible, bigoted shite at Lennon and Sutton and were worried that this would be picked up on camera and they then wouldnt have a leg to stand on and would be forced to ban a fair few on their fans. Cowards who refuse to police their own fans sounds about right.

This is what I had assumed from the start.  The club can’t trust their support and have thrown them under a bus but rather that than dealing with the aftermath. Rangers fans think this decision is staunch and have lapped it up without realising that they and the club come out as the bad guys.

4 minutes ago, Lofarl said:

More to the point @Jacky1990.  If a few bad apples….  Stop laughing, were indeed to shout a few nasty bigoted things at Lennon.  UEFA might pick that up.  As been shown in the past at this very ground they have no qualms in ordering sections of the ground shut.

Perhaps they’d go a step further this time.  

But it’s hardly likely that Rangers would release a statement saying.  Our fans are bigoted morons and if he comes they’ll shout that at him.  

From a while ago mine you

5E3ACD07-78B4-4C76-86EF-9F3C539E55CF.jpeg

You would think that this would result in some pause for reflection within the Rangers support.

If you take what their club said re Sutton and Lennon at face value then what they are essentially saying is that they don't trust their own supporters not to cause physical harm to a couple of football pundits whose only 'crimes' appear to be the fact that they are prominent former Celtic players. 

What precisely does that say about the Rangers support?

Alternatively, Rangers simply want to exclude anyone from their stadium who they perceive as being some kind of 'enemy'. 

Either way it's a complete and utter embarrassment. 

And downright sinister and dangerous. 

The adoption of the Bush like position of you are either with us or against us is danger of getting out of control. 

The identification and hounding of prominent critics comes with a whiff of fascist bully boy tactics and with the perception at least of their club's own media partner being at the centre of it, it almost appears to have the tacit approval of the club. 

What needs to happen before there is a realisation that this has got out of hand? 

1 hour ago, Empty It said:
1 hour ago, LIVIFOREVER said:
And the IRA?

That seems to be in most of their songs when preceded by the Pope.

Tbf there are worse things those degenerates come out with than f**k a terrorist organisation.

And then they go celebrate other terrorist organisations in Ireland, which kinda knackers that stance. Their whole twisted sectarian logic even extends to taking opposing sides to Celtic in the Gaza conflict.

26 minutes ago, John MacLean said:

You would think that this would result in some pause for reflection within the Rangers support.

If you take what their club said re Sutton and Lennon at face value then what they are essentially saying is that they don't trust their own supporters not to cause physical harm to a couple of football pundits whose only 'crimes' appear to be the fact that they are prominent former Celtic players. 

What precisely does that say about the Rangers support?

Alternatively, Rangers simply want to exclude anyone from their stadium who they perceive as being some kind of 'enemy'. 

Either way it's a complete and utter embarrassment. 

And downright sinister and dangerous. 

The adoption of the Bush like position of you are either with us or against us is danger of getting out of control. 

The identification and hounding of prominent critics comes with a whiff of fascist bully boy tactics and with the perception at least of their club's own media partner being at the centre of it, it almost appears to have the tacit approval of the club. 

What needs to happen before there is a realisation that this has got out of hand? 

Trumpesque even, banning anyone who says things about them that they don't like.